Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Ulduar and ? in 3.1

Is there any speculation as to if there will be more than just 1 instance with patch 3.1? Seems odd that a whole Tier would come from 1 place. In BC we had TK and SSC, so it seems likely we would get more than just Ulduar, unless Ulduar has 9+ bosses. Any thoughts?

Re: Ulduar and ? in 3.1

I think its very early to speculate. What I read before was that Ulduar will have tonns of bossess, quite a lot (maybe 12+). The big big question is difficulty though - if all 12 bossess are like Naxx, which all seem to be on the same level (ok, maybe 1-2 are harder, but other 10 is a laugh to do), then there is no reason to do 12 bossess.

If the many bossess will be like in Kara and other places where you had some hard ones to pass (e.g. Moroes first block, second is Curator, third is Prince, fourth is Nightbane) - so if there is progressive levels of difficulty than many bossess are good.

Since in BT at start there was Kara, Gruul, SSC, TK, MH, I hope Blizzard will try to fix the issue with the lack of content in this patch - making Ulduar a more interesting area (e.g. Black Temple was first content for BC, so I expect Ulduar to be at least like that or at least with even more bossess to make up for the lack of raid content at start).

Deleted

MMO-Champion showed us 3.1 Armor and Weapon skins for a while ago. Some of those weapons (Swords I think) were in a group called "Aspects". They thought Ulduar would have the same skins, so maybe blizz will bring up a new instance under Wyrmrest Temple? If not, I hope Ulduar is Gigantic, same amount of bosses as Naxx, Atleast.

My personal guess is that there will be at least 10, if not 15 raid bosses added in the Ulduar patch, since they've had two patch cycles (expansion release and 3.1) to think of new raid encounters. Many if not all of these encounters will have interesting hard modes that will drop extra loot if completed correctly. For example, 10 man bosses completed in hard mode will drop an extra 25-man equivalent piece, and 25-man hard modes would drop a piece of end-boss quality (usually half a tier higher than the rest of the instance).

In addition I think Blizzard may add an additional 5-man instance, perhaps in the Grizzly Hills, Zul Drak (I think the 3.2 patch raid instance will be here however), or Sholazar Basin. If they really want to drive the expansion plot forward, a neat 5-man in Ice Crown would be really fun. This would most likely be a 3.2 patch addition though.

15+ Year Old Account

Well Ulduar is kind of a given. I would love to see one or two more Aspect instances added as Sartharion is probably my favorite instances so far this expansion.

Personally I would love to see at least a couple of the Aspect raids set up as instanced outdoor zones. Hyjal was awesome the way it was set up. It would be pretty cool if the Aspect raids had some connection to each of the Dragonshrines since Sartharion's at least resembles the Black DS.

Edited for my inability to type the words of or or in the correct order.

I think Ulduar should be the size of AQ, i mean that place was HUGE!

Would be cool to see a large number of bosses along with a small instance/raid addition to wyrmrest added i 3.1

Hopefully Dual Spec :P
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

Have you all not noticed that there is a portal under wymrest for each "color" of dragon? Currently only Sartharion is active but I assume they will add 1 or 2 more with each content patch.

All i know is that it better be hard, I'm getting pretty sick of clearing all raid content in 1 1/2 nights. With 18-22 people.

I say it will be 10-15 bosses, and hopefully a new aspect in OS. Size wise looks like AQ40 could be good reference for size. WIPE PROTECTION! run back SoB. I just hope for some fun fights, with challenge but not crazy like SW where we need exact comp and perfect timing to win. What happen to the fun fights of AQ, BWL where wierd crap was thrown in just to keep us on our toes.

I'm pretty sure that they said that Ulduar is not a next tier of raiding... more along the lines of SWP was taht... it wasnt tier 7.... but was a upgrade still.....

So Ulduar will be not tier 8.... but and upgrade ofc.
    Another aspect fight at the Wyrmrest temple sounds about right
    and if you seen the alpha veersion of Ulduar... you'll know how big it is

I just gotta say i hope Uludar isn't some huge cock block raid. I don't want something that takes more than 4-7 nights to complete. Personally I love how easy OS is, I can just put together a pug of it, grab 25 people and run through it with zero wipes in something like 30-45m. Everyone complains how easy everything is but for people who have school and actually work I love how easy everything is. Naxx is fun, I've never seen it before and i can do a wing in heroic and normal in just an hour or so and enjoy myself (respectively). Also, my small guild actually can progress now, recruit more people, and because of this we have 3 normal Naxx runs going, and an active fun guild community. I think Blizz pulled a rabbit out of the hat with WotLK.

To simplify i think Uludar will ship alone, I'm not going to argue that it actually has double the bosses because it has normal and heroic difficulty, but I'm not going to say it's bad not to have 5 instances with 7 or 8 bosses each. If you're finishing the raid content in one or two nights, then get off your ass for the other 6 nights and get a job or go to the rec center and play a sport, or hell if you really love wow level up some alts and raid with them! You could have 10 alts on a server... you clear content in one night? try clearing the content 10 times in a week with each of your alts!

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by sheep
    I just gotta say i hope Uludar isn't some huge cock block raid. I don't want something that takes more than 4-7 nights to complete. Personally I love how easy OS is, I can just put together a pug of it, grab 25 people and run through it with zero wipes in something like 30-45m. Everyone complains how easy everything is but for people who have school and actually work I love how easy everything is.
    It's great that there's content you like. However, there are plenty of people with school/work/social lives that still enjoy challenging raids. I mean you could've cleared everything up to Sunwell with a 2-day raiding guild in BC. I hope they make 10-mans easy enough that people who like the difficulty of current Naxx can enjoy it. At the same time they should make the 25-man Ulduar as challenging as TK/SSC or Hyjal/BT were in BC. And forget about trying to provide content through achievements; they would work perfectly as something fun to do when you get the place in farm mode but nothing more.

If you're finishing the raid content in one or two nights, then get off your ass for the other 6 nights and get a job or go to the rec center and play a sport, or hell if you really love wow level up some alts and raid with them! You could have 10 alts on a server... you clear content in one night? try clearing the content 10 times in a week with each of your alts!
    How wonderfully condescending of you to tell people how to live their lives. Alts are not an alternative for people who want to experience raid progress.

its most likely they will open another chamber of the chamber of aspects with ulduar
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Loriden
    All i know is that it better be hard, I'm getting pretty sick of clearing all raid content in 1 1/2 nights. With 18-22 people.
    if it so easy that you are complaining about it being too easy, why are you still playing? go play something else that is hard, also to make this game a bit more challenging play without a moniter...you should have all the content memorized by now

I highly doubt Ulduar will be difficult at all, The hardest encounter in the game(3D) isn't even hard..

Catering to casuals
    nca-guild.com

... what?

Well like a great number of ppl i hope the best for Ulduar, and the "best" means harder than the current content we have.

Actually i thought about this matter yday ^^. If idd Ulduar will be the only new content released then they better make it harder, i miss the BWL / AQ40 days. The satisfaction of killing a boss after trying it for 2-3 weeks was very nice .

I just gotta say i hope Uludar isn't some huge cock block raid. I don't want something that takes more than 4-7 nights to complete. Personally I love how easy OS is, I can just put together a pug of it, grab 25 people and run through it with zero wipes in something like 30-45m. Everyone complains how easy everything is but for people who have school and actually work I love how easy everything is. Naxx is fun, I've never seen it before and i can do a wing in heroic and normal in just an hour or so and enjoy myself (respectively). Also, my small guild actually can progress now, recruit more people, and because of this we have 3 normal Naxx runs going, and an active fun guild community. I think Blizz pulled a rabbit out of the hat with WotLK.

To simplify i think Uludar will ship alone, I'm not going to argue that it actually has double the bosses because it has normal and heroic difficulty, but I'm not going to say it's bad not to have 5 instances with 7 or 8 bosses each. If you're finishing the raid content in one or two nights, then get off your ass for the other 6 nights and get a job or go to the rec center and play a sport, or hell if you really love wow level up some alts and raid with them! You could have 10 alts on a server... you clear content in one night? try clearing the content 10 times in a week with each of your alts!
    well i mean no offense towards you or any other casual player, but that is exactly what has ruined PvE side of WoW. Any other semi-hardcore / hardcore player would agree. I do understand your point of view but the ppl that actually enjoy or used to enjoy the challenge that was raiding , expect more, and if Blizz cant make some sort of balance in the dificulty of PvE content, then a lot of ppl will move on and WoW will be left with all the casuals and hardcore PvPers.

The Glory days of WoW PvE are long behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by andraxion
    Zul'Drak imo
    Well Zul'drak would fit with blizzards theme of adding a troll based instance into every level section i.e. Zul'Gurub - vanilla wow, Zul'Aman - TBC. There is ofc the whole mystery behind the large serpant/tail which is visable in Gun'drak as well as the large temple like structure in Zul'drak which appears to have no real use atm.

However I doubt they would add both Ulduar and Zul'Drak in one patch together as they usually have a patch involving one main thing which the patch is then named after, atleast with major content patches e.g. When Sunwell was introduced the title was "Patch 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell" and I am sure the Ulduar patch will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by RWeber
    It's great that there's content you like. However, there are plenty of people with school/work/social lives that still enjoy challenging raids. I mean you could've cleared everything up to Sunwell with a 2-day raiding guild in BC. I hope they make 10-mans easy enough that people who like the difficulty of current Naxx can enjoy it. At the same time they should make the 25-man Ulduar as challenging as TK/SSC or Hyjal/BT were in BC. And forget about trying to provide content through achievements; they would work perfectly as something fun to do when you get the place in farm mode but nothing more.
    How wonderfully condescending of you to tell people how to live their lives. Alts are not an alternative for people who want to experience raid progress.
    The argument could be made that the real change was how you deal with trash in Wrath. Naxx is actually bigger than TK was. However, the trash in TK was brutal and you weren't getting through it without CC. Imagine how much faster TK would have been if you just picked up 10 mobs and aoed them down in less than a minute like you do in Naxx25. Trash seems to be mostly for decoration now, and that allows for much faster raids. Hell, there was more trash in Karazhan than there is in Naxx.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

A new Chamber of Aspect Portal will be opened with the release of each Content Patch. So yes, Ulduar will bring a new raid and also a new boss at the Chamber of Aspects.

I've also heard that new quests about the Purging of Arthas will open up with each content patch aswell.