Thread: Wild Growth

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wild Growth

Any one else love this "nerf". The best part about it is hearing Priest cry.
    AMIRITE???

Re: Wild Growth

Priests have always whined, even since MC, about not being the top healer.

My friend had a valid point...but yes. I do like the Nerf. forced me to learn to control my spells instead of spamming.

The nice thing is our spell has a 7 second duration and with the cd being 6 seconds, we can still chain it a bit if necessary. It did make me laugh to see some druids spamming it like CoH tho, I'll miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Lunacy
    The nice thing is our spell has a 7 second duration and with the cd being 6 seconds, we can still chain it a bit if necessary. It did make me laugh to see some druids spamming it like CoH tho, I'll miss that.
    It Could be used quite spammy and very efficient on fights like sapphiron =p
    or when you have a good overlook about the closest 4 persons to a target.

Bit useless in 10s though
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rider&n=Yannik
    Fight like the Best, Die like the Rest!

The CD is too long, In our 25 mans i went from stomping everyone in the ground on the healing charts to 3rd/4th with 2-3 trees and 1-2 CoH priests, it almost makes me want to not spec into it, all the other trees agree, if they are going to add a CD to it they need to increase the amount of healing it does or it's not really worth the talent point, although without over hauling my spec 1 point doesn't help much.
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

This spell still owns, you just need to time it right; ofcourse there are some fights you can spam it over and over.. Saph is a great one

As a resto druid I am finding this nerf no nerf at all but more of a play stile change, and a welcome one at that. On the Saph fight i have become a true lover of Regrowth, where not only the initial heal helps quite a bit but also almost all 27 seconds of the hot get to be used, resulting in an enormous amount of healing done (almost completive with my old WG spamming for that fight). On top of this fact is now with the WG cooldown i find myself not slipping on the 3x lifeblooms on the tank. I have always dominated my guild healing charts by 3-6%healing done and still find myself holding that lead. If this is the only nerf we have to sustain in pve i am glad, mana is never an issue, our healing out put is insane, and lifebloom heal after 9 second offers so much (such as be4 lotheb, on melee during thaddius to predict the CL, and in many other cases). So little was this nerf that i was able to maintain 38-43%healing done in 10m OS and ~40% throughout the boss fights of naxx.

P.S. It is a joy to see the priests ponder what to do with the loss of their CoH
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yannik
    It Could be used quite spammy and very efficient on fights like sapphiron =p
    or when you have a good overlook about the closest 4 persons to a target.

Bit useless in 10s though
    I haven't healed Saph yet, but I could see where that would be useful.

I've found that the nerf hit holy priests a lot more, which is exactly what I was expecting. In my guild runs the heal meters typically showed the priest about 5% or so ahead of me, with everyone else a good way behind. Now we've got me in the lead, with the priest just behind, and others not too far behind us. I think it was the perfect change for them to make to these OP spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Haha. Yeah, this isn't really a nerf at all imo just forces a different play style is all.

Get this. 3.0.8 came. One of our holy priests went shadow. The other one picked up imp spirit.
    Moar spirits and mana for moi! Mwahahaha!!
    /cheer *\o/* amirite?

I love the new cooldown, gives you a good grasp on 6 seconds, it helps me roll myblooms better actualy, having is in a good rotation rather than just spamming it relentless hha

I have to say i liked WG, as i found it efficient. It wasnt my main healing thing ofc but as it hits the ones with lowest health you could walk around and hit it 2 times and you could heal 6-8 ppl.

But now that it has a cd i use LB bit more. Lastnite in naxx 25 my main healing was LB, Reju and healing touch. no wipes at all 5 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahrae
    I have to say i liked WG, as i found it efficient. It wasnt my main healing thing ofc but as it hits the ones with lowest health you could walk around and hit it 2 times and you could heal 6-8 ppl.

But now that it has a cd i use LB bit more. Lastnite in naxx 25 my main healing was LB, Reju and healing touch. no wipes at all 5 bosses.

The fact that you didn't have nourish or regrowth, and HT instead, makes me want to claw your eyes out. scum. : rage :

HT fails, i cast it maybe 3 or 4 times in 25 man naxx. you should both your eyes out.

lifebloom counts for 25%-30% followed by regrowth and rejuve.

unglyphed HT is a waste of time, glyphed healing touch is a waste of mana, and too many talent points.

natures swiftness and HT (unglyphed is the way to go)
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

ok there we go again, nourish vs ht, dont forget i have it glyphed, im build for it in my talents, i cast it faster then a second, dont need a hot on them and i dont care about the 4 set t7 bonus as i dont have/want it yet.

yesterdays raid, 5 bosses heroic naxx, no wipes and i did most healing. overhealing i was maybe 2nd last of the healers. (i know hot dont count as overhealing)

i think there are 2-3 kinds of healingdruids, nourish, HT and perhaps another kind of one.

Quote Originally Posted by spaycez
    Any one else love this "nerf". The best part about it is hearing Priest cry.
    AMIRITE???
    Grow up.

15+ Year Old Account

THere should only be 2 types of druids, those you use their HoTs and those who fail. If another healer chain casting direct heals is what someone wanted they would find a pally. If you have time in between HoT uptime to toss a few Regrowths/HT/Nourish then great. But our strongest avilities are the same as always. Keep LB and Rejuv and Regrowth (if possible) ticking on every tank for the fight. Let the pallies and priests worry about the big direct heals and stopcasting.

But my Flashheals are fasteeeeeer!

I appreciate that there are so many different useful ways to play a druid healer. Every time I look at the Healmeter of some Shaman/Pally I think... omg it must be soo boring... .

The Wild Growth nerf improved this even more. Now Lifebloom is usually back at the top of my meter (but ok had some harsh lags here, and if it is hardly possible to keep the triplebloom up I find myself to use other heals quite seldom).

I only recently started playing resto and hated CoH and WG spammers, so I didn't do it, I got used to doing WG, 3 spells (usually lb / rejuv) then another, switching from melee to casters, and with that I was usually 1st or 2nd on healing meters (while clocking more than 120 decurses, first on the list being a shaman, third being a warrior-_-). Since the patch it's really simple, in fact I'd say it's helped my gameplay. WG, 4x rejuv, WG. Particularly useful on Razuvious or trash aoe.

Got me counting 1, 2, 3, 4, ding throughout the raid now x)
    Christ it's funny seeing the guys who had 95% CoH / WG struggle to do anything. The one paladin in the raid is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    THere should only be 2 types of druids, those you use their HoTs and those who fail. If another healer chain casting direct heals is what someone wanted they would find a pally. If you have time in between HoT uptime to toss a few Regrowths/HT/Nourish then great. But our strongest avilities are the same as always. Keep LB and Rejuv and Regrowth (if possible) ticking on every tank for the fight. Let the pallies and priests worry about the big direct heals and stopcasting.
    read my post, HT is my 3rd highest.. HoT rule my healing, love a instant regrowth but i use HT instead of nourish

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkatze
    But my Flashheals are fasteeeeeer!

I appreciate that there are so many different useful ways to play a druid healer. Every time I look at the Healmeter of some Shaman/Pally I think... omg it must be soo boring... .

The Wild Growth nerf improved this even more. Now Lifebloom is usually back at the top of my meter (but ok had some harsh lags here, and if it is hardly possible to keep the triplebloom up I find myself to use other heals quite seldom).
    Quote Originally Posted by gash46
    I only recently started playing resto and hated CoH and WG spammers, so I didn't do it, I got used to doing WG, 3 spells (usually lb / rejuv) then another, switching from melee to casters, and with that I was usually 1st or 2nd on healing meters (while clocking more than 120 decurses, first on the list being a shaman, third being a warrior-_-). Since the patch it's really simple, in fact I'd say it's helped my gameplay. WG, 4x rejuv, WG. Particularly useful on Razuvious or trash aoe.

Got me counting 1, 2, 3, 4, ding throughout the raid now x)
    Christ it's funny seeing the guys who had 95% CoH / WG struggle to do anything. The one paladin in the raid is useless.
    i used WG when nessecary, cast it 2x and you can heal up to 6-8 ppl. that's efficient.. but 95% WG of CoH??? dude..