Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 57/3/11 if u tried it then tell wat do u think about it

I tried it on patch day after being Fire all TBC, and FFB in LK.

I enjoyed it FAR more than I though I would. I like the feel of it, and I particularly like the fact that i don't have to watch timers with it (other than Evo/gem CD) as there's nothing to reapply a la LB/Scorch.

I had no mana issues all night, apart from Lotheb and Thaddius where I had to pot. Having said that, I was using glyphed Molten Armour, so what I may do in future is switch to Mage Armour if I know that the fight is going to be taking.

I had ~2400 raid buffed SP, and I managed about 5500 dps on the majority of bosses, up to about 8.1K on Lotheb.

All in all, definately the most fun I've had since 2.4 hit, and I went Hot Streak wild. I love the feel, I love the 6% hit from talents (bye bye hit gems!) and the fact that I don't have to respec if I feel like some casual BGs without being destroyed like if I were FFB.

Thanks Blizz, a great change.

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    "1) Your regular rotation, unless severely limited by mana, should ALWAYS be ABx3-AM-Abar, REGARDLESS of missile barrage proc. Remember to use Abar before the 5th tick of AM."

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t42876-arcane_thread/
    yeah I've read this also and that's wat caused me to ask you guys :P thx alot ^^

Just dig out the old Frostfire Ring & Bracers - 1 minute evocation :P
    Champion of the Naaru Hand of A'dal Ambassador Elder Merrymaker Chef Knight-Lieutenant Korred, the red mage, of the Nightfall, the Twilight Vanquisher, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Argent Champion, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Undying.

Don't be afraid of the end of the world (of warcraft). Be afraid of the unlived life.

I used this spec for the first yesterday in a 10-man raid to Naxxramas. It is indeed verry powerful and realiable as a dps source. The thing I like about it the most, is that fact that it's also an additional buff for the other fire mages in raid (using Focus Magic).

The only fight's i really bothered to test my DPS on, was Pathwerk and Loatheb (since we ignored spores attempting the achievment). On both fights, my DPS averaged around 4000-5000dps, spiking between those 2 borderlines. Our setup? Mainly casters "Moonkin, FFB-Mage, AR-Mage, Resto-Shammy. My dps averaged at about 4k-5k as i've mentioned, which is just about the same as when i was FFB spec. I've managed to reach 6500 dps on some occassions using both specs aswell, but that is also entirely dependant on the raid setup aswell as consumables, RNG, and trinkets proccing at the appropiate times.

I've tested various rotations, and so far, the one i found the most suitable, (atleast imo) was open up with:

ABar... from there on, the rotation I used is the following: AB > ABar > AB > ABar > AB > ABar.... and when "Missle Barrage" procs, I cast another AB, giving it either 1 or 2 buffs, (depending on what your cast before the proc was) and cast "Arcane Missles". Right before the last wave of Arcane Missles casts, I toss another ABar, and continue the old rotation.

There were also some factors that made this a bit difficult to follow. Such as heroism, or things that cause your ABar to still be on Cooldown, even after casting an AB, so basicly u continue the old ration, but stacking ABx2 instead of x1. Like this: AB > AB > ABar > AB > AB > ABar.... and AM when "Missle Barrage" procs.

I found this all to be rather good and reliable from my personal point of view and from the raid setup that we used. i recommend giving it a try to those who haven't yet.

Here's some links to my gear and spec:

GEAR: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zzar&n=Verizon
    SPEC: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...zzar&n=Verizon

Max DPS with this spec is very hard to achieve. You can get close with the EJ threads about cutting your 5th missile with the AB AB AB AM ABAR Rotation hitting ABAR after your 4th but before your 5th arcane missile. For max DPS you want to be able to time it so your 5th missile still gets off and you get the 60% bonus on your ABAR. This can be done, I can only do it about 75% of the time, and in a raid situation with lust / hero + haste buffs it can be hard to time properly. Even with chopping your 5th missile it still is the highest DPS with potential to be a lot higher.

One of the mages in our guild switched to 57/3/11 for 25(H) Naxx run last night and was doing very well. He hit 7800dps at the end of one of the bosses (Patch I believe) and was consistently around 5500-6k. We were both wondering how the mana would hold up. In a 25M it wasn't a problem even for the longer fights.

We were talking back and forth,experimenting what the best rotation would be. He was doing ABlast x3 - AMissiles - ABarrage before the last missile went off (maybe a few times just as the last missile left). It was consistently the better rotation. The other rotation I thought was going to be the winner was Ablast x2 or x3 - ABarrage and only doing AMissiles when the proc. It couldn't compete.

A few others have mentioned the first rotation. It seems pretty clear its the rotation of choice.

This is his toon:
    <a href="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...perunknown</a>

I think everyones points on PVE damage are spot on. Almost limitless mana, heavy burst, and very reliable high damage even with sub-perfect gear. The rotation is fairly easy and the burst damage for fights that require mobility is great. It's single target dps is capable of beating FF spec and is on par or better than the dps arc/fire spec.

From a personal standpoint, I like to PvP when I'm not grouped or raiding, and this spec is a great hybrid. If a mage is left alone for 4-6 secs it is devastating the amount of damage that Abarr or Mbarr can put out. In arenas the combination of another dps on a single target is near impossible to live through. (Sweeping generalization, no theroycrafting me here, lol)

Overall I don't know what else a mage could ask for if you enjoy playing all aspects of the game. Its GREAT for PvE, and probably the 3rd best choice behind Frost and Arc PvP spec in terms of PVP viability. If you haven't tried it out, I would highly recommend giving it a go. But, as with all things in WoW, play the spec you enjoy most, not Teh leetZ D33ps!

I tried it Wed night in Naxx and love it but I really wasn't putting out more dps than with FFB. Arcane just suites me better. I didn't know about the "mirrage" trick though. I have a question about that. I use macros for the 3 arcane spells so they won't cast if I'm channeling AM. I'm a button spammer so this has always worked out well for me, but is it possible to get the AM/ABar combo that way? Is it necessary to cut the AM spell short with ABar to get the bonus applied to both?

You need to reference my previous post. It is possible to get both 5 arcane missiles and a arcane barrage getting the 60% bonus. The problem is you need very good timing and a lot of practice for this to happen on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex03
    You need to reference my previous post. It is possible to get both 5 arcane missiles and a arcane barrage getting the 60% bonus. The problem is you need very good timing and a lot of practice for this to happen on a consistent basis.
    I read that, but you are still basically interrupting the AM cast right at the end correct? I've been using the following macro:
    Code:
    /cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Barrage
    My understanding is using that macro for ABar, you can never get the combo. Is that right or is it all up to lag?

I absolutely hate the idea of ditching the macro and trying to count the missiles. In raids I've seen AM get down to 1.5 seconds with MB. That makes timing a ABar on the last missile almost impossible. Especially with server/video lag.

Well nevermind. I just did some testing on the target dummies and that macro seems to work fine. I seem to have been getting the "mirrage" combo everytime. That also insures you get every missile off before ABar.

Realy? the macro works? then just need make the rotation:

-> AB/AB/AB/AM/MACRO ? If work its a good way, its fair for the guys have big latency and some crap computers.

yes, the macro works.

You can enjoy face rolling.

>.>

Arcane is not the top DPS spec FYI to anyone posting that in their posts. Nor is it 2nd =/

FFB and Deep fire still beat Arcane....

That may be true in theory. However, it's not stated black and white that it's the best dps spec, more that people are getting good results with it. I am getting FAR more dps from it than in FFB spec, and I followed EJ religiously.

The main comment coming out of this spec is that it's alot more fun, and is that not why we play games in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kargotha
    That may be true in theory. However, it's not stated black and white that it's the best dps spec, more that people are getting good results with it. I am getting FAR more dps from it than in FFB spec, and I followed EJ religiously.

The main comment coming out of this spec is that it's alot more fun, and is that not why we play games in the first place?
    I'm amazed there are so many people out there that do not know how to play their specs....FFB is so easy...

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    I'm amazed there are so many people out there that do not know how to play their specs....FFB is so easy...
    You constantly say it's just people failing at FFB.

I assure you, it's you or the people on your server failing miserably at arcane because they lack basic understanding of the spec, because quite literally every mage I have talked to across many, many forums has gotten a DPS boost from going to arcane - and arcane's damage is much, much more consistent.

My raid comp is not good for my dps, at all. Still, I've averaged 4.4k dps with a high of 4.6k on patchwerk as FFB for the past 3 weeks, all with fight lengths of 4:02, 4:12 and 4:04(0 gear changes because nothing I need has dropped... all 6 pieces). I switched to arcane and went up by a solid 1.2k on patchwerk, with a fight length of 3:51.

I've since specd back to FFB because I refuse to faceroll that much damage, and you don't need that much damage for the content.

i've done 5.3k DPS in this spec in a 5 man, self buffed + kings & bloodlust.

haven't gotten a chance to test it in a 25 man yet due to clearing all content in 8 hours... but im assuming the DPS will be higher.

I just specced Arcane, regemmed, reglyphed. What exactly is the rotation?

ABx3 then cast Arcane Missiles? That seems retarded...

I must be doing this wrong because I'm only putting out max 2,800 dps on this dummy.

Is the rotation ABx3 then ArB? I'm not understanding.

I have 2050 SP, 25% self buffed crit and 480 haste

EDIT: Wasted about 200g on this BS. I had a, very skilled, Mage friend of mine come to the dummy with me. I specced back into FFB and basically stomped his face on the damage. He claims its much better in a raid, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo
    I've since specd back to FFB because I refuse to faceroll that much damage, and you don't need that much damage for the content.
    hahahaha aren't you the noble guy
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png