Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 57/3/11 if u tried it then tell wat do u think about it

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    EDIT: Wasted about 200g on this BS. I had a, very skilled, Mage friend of mine come to the dummy with me. I specced back into FFB and basically stomped his face on the damage. He claims its much better in a raid, but we'll see.
    well durr, in raids you actually get the benefit from ttw, 12% extra damage, and 6% crit from Focus Magic.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ABx3 then cast Arcane Missiles? That seems retarded...

I must be doing this wrong because I'm only putting out max 2,800 dps on this dummy.

Is the rotation ABx3 then ArB? I'm not understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    "1) Your regular rotation, unless severely limited by mana, should ALWAYS be ABx3-AM-Abar, REGARDLESS of missile barrage proc. Remember to use Abar before the 5th tick of AM."

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t42876-arcane_thread/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

ABx3 then cast Arcane Missiles? That seems retarded...
    lol, u should try it and then say if it's bad or no, if u judge things before u even see them live then u're retarded here, seriously think 2mins before u write anything, I hate such ppl, when u write a post u've got time to think a bit seriously, trash talking is just... n/c

ABx3-->Arcane Missiles--> Spam Macro /cast [nonchanneling] Arcane Barrage

Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo

Rinse and repeat.
    Wouldn't such a macro ruin the shatter combo? Seeing as you actually have to cast the Arcane Barrage before (as far as I understood) the last Arcane Missile tick?

I specced back into FFB and basically stomped his face on the damage. He claims its much better in a raid, but we'll see.
    Watching dps when Living Bomb hits two other dummies and compering it to single target arcane -> lame

Quote Originally Posted by Norroar
    Wouldn't such a macro ruin the shatter combo? Seeing as you actually have to cast the Arcane Barrage before (as far as I understood) the last Arcane Missile tick?
    Nope, works perfectly for some un-known reason.

Logically, yeah it seems like it should not work, but because of how the debuff works, it does. It's really strange actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo

Rinse and repeat.

I get more dps from ABx3--> if MB is proc'd else ArB

well if u learn it, u can live without macro, which is way more effective, cuz with macro I promise u will miss buff 20% of the time at least, if u practice few mins on dummies u can learn to use barrage immediately after last tick of missiles, almost in same moment they're launched, try it with and without haste effects and u gonna pwn dps meters even more >.<

stay testing the rotation with macro, and without macro, tbh dont think the macro help, miss alot of times the mirage combo.

Arcane atm is great! Btw i just want to clarify that you have to use this spec in a raid or at least in 5man istance. I respecced arcane and was terribly sad cause i can just do 100-200 dps more than my old frost spec on the dummies and had a lot of mana problems but i decided to try that in a raid and pwned everyone with 1000-1500 dps more than my old spec.
    Sex, wow and rock n' roll!

I'm definitely loving this tested it out in 10man naxx in heroic blues and Crafted stuff to start and was doing about 2.5k-3.5kdps was awesome and i really enjoyed the rotation and the mobility of it with Abr.

Loads of useful information in here I must say. As for that ABx3 >AM> ABar before last missle rotation, it's working wonders, was doing sartharion +3 10man last night as arcane, and I must say it's extremly effective, I never went under 4500 dps and any of the attempts, some fights i even reached over 6k, but ofc, there's also alot of RNG factors to the fight, such as fissure, and lava walls from certain sides of the field. But This rotation is deffinatly effective, beats FFB with no hesitations on single target DPS. setup: (SPriest, Moonkin, FFBMage, Arcane Mage, Resto/Elem Hybrid Sham, as far as DPS goes).

I also saw some1 mention another rotation of ABx3 >ABar and only use AM when MB proc'd after having stacked ABx3. Sounds interesting and I think i'll give it a shot. Also, when you said you had more DPS with that rotation than the other possible rotations, how many mana pools did you use to test this out ? If you tested only 1-2 mana pools, you should try testing it out with more mana pools(e.g 5-10) to get the closest average you can get, instead of just 1 simple mana pool where u probably crit 90% of the time out of luck. Just my thoughts, no offense intended

Great info, keep it coming guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon
    Loads of useful information in here I must say. As for that ABx3 >AM> ABar before last missle rotation, it's working wonders, was doing sartharion +3 10man last night as arcane, and I must say it's extremly effective, I never went under 4500 dps and any of the attempts, some fights i even reached over 6k, but ofc, there's also alot of RNG factors to the fight, such as fissure, and lava walls from certain sides of the field. But This rotation is deffinatly effective, beats FFB with no hesitations on single target DPS. setup: (SPriest, Moonkin, FFBMage, Arcane Mage, Resto/Elem Hybrid Sham, as far as DPS goes).

I also saw some1 mention another rotation of ABx3 >ABar and only use AM when MB proc'd after having stacked ABx3. Sounds interesting and I think i'll give it a shot. Also, when you said you had more DPS with that rotation than the other possible rotations, how many mana pools did you use to test this out ? If you tested only 1-2 mana pools, you should try testing it out with more mana pools(e.g 5-10) to get the closest average you can get, instead of just 1 simple mana pool where u probably crit 90% of the time out of luck. Just my thoughts, no offense intended

Great info, keep it coming guys.

Must be the raid makeup, but I specc'd back to FFB from Arcane and I do more dps as FFB?

I did around 6k dps on Patch as Arcane, specc'd to FFB and I did around 6.3k

Everyone says FFB is based on RNG. Honestly I think Arcane is 100% based more on RNG. At least as FFB I have around 65% chance for the RNG to be in my favor as where Arcane I only have like a 45% chance =/ (crit rating)

I leveled as arcane from 70 to 80 and had lots of fun but I wasn't doing all that well on dps when i started doing heroics so I switched to FFB spec, been doing naxx 10 and 25 man for the past month or so and was doing a decent 3kish dps, I switched to arcane and was pulling 4.2k and top dps in the raid, with more practice and a little less lag I think I could definately get that higher. I highly recommend this spec to any mage who is tired of FFB or just wants a change of pace. Also from a post earlier, if you have a FFB mage and a boomkin you'll be pulling more then this from scorch and faerie fire as well as earth and moon or w/e it is and focus magic on the FFB mage.

im absolutely loving it. arcane was allways my favourite spec, so im really glad it has its comeback.

the damage output is insane!
    - 5man heroic: 4.5-5.5k dps without any support)
    - 25man: naxx & maly up to 7k dps / sarth+3 6k dps
    single-target ofc

i never had any mana problems so far. just time your evoc to a moment it fits (if you even need it, i almost never do.. except sarth+3 and maly 5min)

and ye, if your not toping the meters with this spec, you either are under-equiped or you are playing it wrong

oh and yes, haste all the way baby

torment the weak ? what for? shouldnt work on bosses? or smth is wrong with me or i'm out of data?

Quote Originally Posted by potsos
    Hey, it's that guy who started a thread called "Who else will be mad if Arcane is the new raid spec?!!" and refuses, in the face of monumental proof, to admit he could possibly be wrong and now spends all of his time trying to convince people that he's a stud and averages 6k dps on every fight with FFB -- but won't post his mage's name or armory and has no videos or screenshots.
    lol yeah agree, some ppl are just plain stupid and/or so childish(or he's 12) that they won't agree with pure facts and say nonono that's just not true, u all are wrong, although u all tried both specs, I know best! FFB is better, yayayaya

to answer Gazzuro, yes read tooltip, its new - for now every kind of combat slow - thunder clap, frost fever, infected wounds also=win, if u test ur dps on target dummy u can always add +12% cuz u will have such for sure unless tank sucks xD but I hope it won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzuro
    torment the weak ? what for? shouldnt work on bosses? or smth is wrong with me or i'm out of data?
    Nope not twelve, I'm 20. I honestly think people aren't playing their FFB specs right. I am doing more dps as FFB than Arcane during raids. Getting the same input from a lot of Mages on my server.

Friends account got hacked after he posted his server and name over a few message boards for spec details. So I try not to do it =/

I imagine Arcane doing tons of dps in perfect conditions, but if you check all the speed runs on WoW web stats (make sure you check the dates after Arcane was buffed) almost every single Mage doing top dps in their raid is specced FFB. I've got a feeling Arcane is the new Burning Crusade Affliction, does the most dps at lower gear levels and in small instances. But in big raids FFB (BC Destruction) is by far better when scaled with gear.

I am NOT a mage. But as a raider I like to keep informed of some of the top raid spec and top damage specs. When I heard the patch notes launched on the PTR, I came up with this build for a friend. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...h=041819080601

He is not 80 yet but I see that many people are posting on this 57/3/11 spec which has the basic same idea of blowing hard for 2 minutes, evocate, rinse, and repeat.

My question is. With such a high crit rate, would MoE not allow you to blow harder with less worry about mana management?