5/5 Shadow weaving and SWP

If you have 4/5 shadow weaving and cast swp, it moves you to 5/5 shadow weaving. Does this then give the 5/5 bonus to swp or is it only at 4/5 bonus? I'm trying to develop a smarter rotation on longer fights so I don't have to recast swp since it doesn't scale as shadow weaving increases.
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Re: 5/5 Shadow weaving and SWP

Only for 4/5. It reads "8% damage incremeant" when you apply it, and not 10%.

What is your initial rotation then or do you just recast it when you hit 5/5? I'm going for efficiency. I've been doing DP, VT, SWD, MB, MF, then SWP but I'm not sure that is the best way to start off. I've considered starting out with SWP then just recasting it and using arcane torrent to make up for the lost mana but that doesn't make much sense either.
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

Completely random, it depends on the fight. But typically, whatever buttons I hit first.

Spriest rotations are usually pretty random, it usually goes in an order of precedence for me. I do things in this order:

1. Make sure dots are up (recast if they aren't, or are very close to being done)
    2. Make sure MB and SW cds aren't up (use those spells if they are - I will typically do SW first followed by MB in order to heal some back)
    3. Mind Flay as filler

To be fair and square, I hammer my face into the keyboard, and then faceroll it to the right, and bam! 5 stacks of shadow weaving.

Whicher ur preference is fine imo, just make sure u reapply SWP with 5 stacks.

I tend to make sure my dots are up first of course

Quote Originally Posted by Whole
    What is your initial rotation then or do you just recast it when you hit 5/5? I'm going for efficiency. I've been doing DP, VT, SWD, MB, MF, then SWP but I'm not sure that is the best way to start off. I've considered starting out with SWP then just recasting it and using arcane torrent to make up for the lost mana but that doesn't make much sense either.
    there has been several threads on shadow rotations. a quick search will turn up those. there is a "bug" with mf that is giving two stacks of weaving and some have used that to their advantage. I prefer the rotation below. you get an extra chance to proc improved spirit tap and get your 5 stacks up as fast as possible...

MB-VT-VE-DP-SWD-MB-SWP

VT MB DP MF = 5 stacks then SWP VE etc

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ubermonkey
    VT MB DP MF = 5 stacks then SWP VE etc
    That's 4 stacks...

VT/DP/MB/VE/MF for 1 tick/SW:P is probably the quickest you'll get - and yes it's retarded that it is that way.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    there is a "bug" with mf that is giving two stacks of weaving and some have used that to their advantage. I prefer the rotation below. you get an extra chance to proc improved spirit tap and get your 5 stacks up as fast as possible...

MB-VT-VE-DP-SWD-MB-SWP
    I have noticed this too...Blizz got rid of the bug where SWD procced 2 stacks, but now we get this.

Im curuious as to why you start with MB THEN VT?

as i haven't been playing my spriest in the xpac i havne't done anything to confirm this: but isn't there a bug or something that has let MF apply 2 stacks of SW?

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    That's 4 stacks...

VT/DP/MB/VE/MF for 1 tick/SW:P is probably the quickest you'll get - and yes it's retarded that it is that way.
    um no. it was 5.
    VT = 1
    MB = 1
    DP = 1
    MF = 2
    1+1+1+2=5

Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    as i haven't been playing my spriest in the xpac i havne't done anything to confirm this: but isn't there a bug or something that has let MF apply 2 stacks of SW?
    afaik no blue posts about it yet. it happened in the same patch as the misery bug and that was hotfixed and this stayed. no reason not to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomolak
    Im curuious as to why you start with MB THEN VT?
    said it already. "you get an extra chance to proc improved spirit tap" casting mb twice in that rotation gives you replenishment and two chances to proc imp. spirit tap. something mind flay is not doing. it also works out that the cd from mb is up by the time you get to it the second time...

I start VT, MB, the rest.
    Primary job is replenishment, get it going as soon as possible before do anything with personal dps maximisation.