Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Arena Update, Official forums issue, Blue posts

I bet more than one person bought gold thinking it was from Blizzard themselves

For every Light, there is a Shadow.

Save Net Neutrality, spread the word!

They talk a lot about "fun" and "healing" with Priests, Druids, and Shamen. When will they do the same for Paladins?

Right now "fun" and "Paladin healing" is diametrically opposed. There's two spells to push, with a situational third and fourth (neither of which actually add much). And the sum of 4 spells, 3 are carbon copies of each others with different numbers and subsequent cast times while the fourth spell is a mana and CD consuming double-heal spell which due to it's short-term nature is more than a little difficult to handle.

Where's the spell X affects spell Y? Holy Shock needs to crit to do it, and as such 60-70% of the time you use it it will NOT affect Holy Light nor Flash of Light. Sacred Shield is good, but it works on the assumption that the target takes continual damage.

Where's the non-single heal? Beacon of Light needs to be set up in advance and only affects two targets, provided that the target you heal is actually damaged in the first place!

Paladins remain the only healing class unable to cope with all forms of PvE content, and it remains the least inventive (healing) class, and I feel this is mostly due to developer neglect than anything else. The mere fact that it's the only class where they bring up the healing meters as an argument is telling, when every other class they are adamant pointing out that meters isn't everything.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Oh my god, they want you to l2play the game instead of press one button over and over. That is horrible of them. STFU scrub.
    we dont only press one button, u gimp, so u stfu emo boy..

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    They talk a lot about "fun" and "healing" with Priests, Druids, and Shamen. When will they do the same for Paladins?

Right now "fun" and "Paladin healing" is diametrically opposed. There's two spells to push, with a situational third and fourth (neither of which actually add much). And the sum of 4 spells, 3 are carbon copies of each others with different numbers and subsequent cast times while the fourth spell is a mana and CD consuming double-heal spell which due to it's short-term nature is more than a little difficult to handle.

Where's the spell X affects spell Y? Holy Shock needs to crit to do it, and as such 60-70% of the time you use it it will NOT affect Holy Light nor Flash of Light. Sacred Shield is good, but it works on the assumption that the target takes continual damage.

Where's the non-single heal? Beacon of Light needs to be set up in advance and only affects two targets, provided that the target you heal is actually damaged in the first place!

Paladins remain the only healing class unable to cope with all forms of PvE content, and it remains the least inventive (healing) class, and I feel this is mostly due to developer neglect than anything else. The mere fact that it's the only class where they bring up the healing meters as an argument is telling, when every other class they are adamant pointing out that meters isn't everything.
    If you have a holy pally in the raid, you'll want to assign him to single target healing because that's the job that suits him/her the best. Accept it. If you roll a pally, you will be a single-target healer. This by itself doesn't mean that you are unable to heal multiple target. It is just harder, more inefficient. And no, Paladins are not the only healing class unable to cope with all forms of PvE content. You can do anything if you want to, it just needs more sweat from your part. Hell I have managed to heal through 10man Noth and Heigan with me being the only class capable of healing. Now get me a Druid who doesn't have any problems with healing through Patchwerk's hateful strikes.

"Where's the spell X affects spell Y?"
    There are judgements affecting haste rating, there's the HL cast time reduction, there's sacred shield, there's holy shock, there's beacon.

And if you really use 3 or 4 abilities while healing in a raid, you should try and do some research on what more could you do because trust me, there is much much more to try and experiment with.

Also I think healing as a pally is VERY exciting and fun.

Swoosh is a moron, everyone who has been long enough on these forums knows that.

I don't like the new arena system..
    I have a 2v2 team on 1700'ish rating and I've played ALL the games on the team, thought my personal rating is 1640.. Now, this prevents me from buying upgrades later on, this is a dumbass change.. Gear doesn't equal skill, that's a fact.
    So why not just bring the old system back, where you had the personal rating what the team rating was, if you had played all the matches.. It frustrates me, bah, I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this.

myself and a friend have gathered pve gear since wolk... some 25man stuff some 10man stuff and alot of heroic stuff. We make a 2's team and dont do terribly well, but when we win we never got more than 10 pts. When we lost we usually lost more than 15... end of the night we went 11:11 and 1416 rating. 50% win rate and lost 80 points.

There was a Flawless Victor beside me however, that had a 55% win rate on all his games... go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    Exactly.

You got punished because you have a higher ilevel of gear than your team mates. (it takes into account ALL of your level 80 gear, even those in bank slots)

All youve accomplished in your team is to boost your team mates. (the exact thing blizz also wanted to stop)

They get the gear and you get screwed.

GG.
    Yes, that's it.
    Hope Blizzard realises this and sees what a major mistake they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    Exactly.

You got punished because you have a higher ilevel of gear than your team mates. (it takes into account ALL of your level 80 gear, even those in bank slots)

All youve accomplished in your team is to boost your team mates. (the exact thing blizz also wanted to stop)

They get the gear and you get screwed.

GG.
    If the new Arena rating system really works this way, that is total crap IMO.

Im curious, to the people claiming the rating works this way now, is there any links to Blue posts confirming it is now based on gear including whats in your bank?? I really need to see an official response before I can believe Blizz dropped the ball on Arenas.

well we played 3 games of 3v3 today and won of all them. we gained F***** 14pts in 3 games! wtf is that?

what's behind that crappy system? can't get any positive point

win 3 win 3 win 3, lose 9
    over an hour played, 9-3 record, same exact team rating as when you started = big fucking waste of time and ultra frustration to the max! The unspoken silence during this garbage actually had me and my partner getting angry attitudes with eachother. We have played an average of 150 games a week for 2 season straight and always are calm and keep an upbeat attitude. Before we would have easily been to 2k+, but after playing over 60 games last night with the +3+3+3-9 bullshit continuing throughout, were sitting right at 1900 where we started and its garbage. My biggest complaint is blizzard saying there not going to go into detail on how the system works???!!!! WTF is that about? Any competitive ladder system out there atleast has the fucking basics of how the ladder or bracket works so the people in it understand, jesus!. I think we should all demand that blizzard explains in full detail exactly how the system works mathematically like right NAO. We pay for this shit, its not for you to treat us like dumbass herded animals that have no clue whats going on but continue walking around your field eating your grass, if we dont even understand how the shit works we can leave the field!

dunno wtf or how this is working exectly but it seems really fucked imo

my team had like 1804 rating or something last week
    Now with the new system we play 10 games lost 4 games or so so what do you think the end resault was?

lost 7 rating on the team score ( now 1797 ) but my personal rating is now 1818 wtf?

bullshit imo.

I dont find any good sides on this new system.. we plaid yesterday 10 games to test this out, we were 2050 rated when we started. We played many tight matches and ended up with 8 - 2 win lose ratio, gained 12 rating in total from this.. (won 4 4 3 4 5 3 4 5 / lost 9 and 11 points..) I would rly like to know aswell how this system exactly works.. 2062 would be 2100+ with the old system now so.. its just sad how they broke perfectly working system
    I dont wanna do arenas anymore.. big thx.

We played many tight matches and ended up with 8 - 2 win lose ratio, gained 12 rating in total from this
    You forget that the new system also affects which teams you are matched up against. The old system would surely put you up against different teams than those you recently met. Possibly resulting in a lower win lose ratio.

Guess we all would like to know the inner details of the new system. But even though the vast majority of PvP-ers seem to consider their own skills way over average (lol), quite a few of them seems to have no inhibitations concerning exploiting the rank system if they can. So maybe it is for the better that some details remain hidden?

last night when i was doing 3v3s our 1600 team went up against a 2050 team. i'm not sure how this happened but we held up good and almost beat them. It was a shock though when i looked up their team and it was at 2050. We had just purchased this team and were about 12 games in. we were on like a 6 or 7 game win streak so that might have been why. Also at the moment our team rating is at 1607 and me and the warlocks personal rating was 1530 while the pally was at 1607 personal rating. we are the only people that have been in the team so idk why this is happening.

booo to the new system