Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Demonology, why is this the most fun tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    thats what I said, its only demonology that can enjoy a pet that actually matter. the problem tho is in return you get to play a noskill spec with 2-3 spells.

i want a pet that matters and still not become a hunternoob that press 2-3 keys.
    Before a lot of classes got viable AOE, CC was really important. Fast forward 3 years later, every tank class has AOE abilities. Druids can swipe every target and do decent damage, they tried that in Burning Crusade and found it overpowered, so they nerfed it, then they buffed it in WOTLK. Paladins were not considered tanks in old wow. Either you were Ret with 31 points to get kings, or you were a healer. Paladins had no viable way to get mana back and all their tanking gear was made for Warriors, or had weird stats like the old strat blues had.

There was no Seed of Corruption to spam
    Rain of Fire and Blizzard were not worth using in instances, it was Arcane Explosion, Blast Wave, Flamestrike, or nothing.
    Fire Nova Totem was a pain to use, and Magma Totem was not worth using(Though with old Flametongue totem, it was their best AOE besides chain lightning)

Oh how wow has evolved. Now every class except Rogues have multiple viable AOE's. I say viable because of energy costs.

Quote Originally Posted by shono99
    you can spam Chaos Bolt and Conflag when they are off cooldown, and get more incinerates in.

Re-read it please. That's exactly what was said. I am aware Chaos Bolt has a 12 second cooldown, and Conflag 10 seconds. But at least the rotation won't be as clunky since backdrafts won't be used on stupid things, IE refreshing Immolate.
    I had a brain fart with spam...I apologize

I love running as a demo lock in raids. I run a 53/18 setup and have been toping our dps chart hitting 3-4k on boss fights and we are almost through heroic naxx.

Personally I think meta is a really sweet skill and immo aura can be a huge dps boost on boss fights.

Blaaargh.
    Affliction is so much better.
    If i wanted a pet class a BM hunter would be best, Then i would'nt waste soul shards.

I find demo boring, not enough to cast, and i prefer to do the dps rather than trying to keep anything but an imp up

affliction farms better, and all in all puts up better dps. I have no problem putting up 5k+ dps on PW. I haven't tested demo that much, esp in a raid setting, but atm it's just too weak/lackluster.

Fun or powerful do not come to mind when I think of demo specs, basically :P

Reactor

Warlock IS a pet class...Blizz is doing all they can to make our pets a more prominent part of a warlock's DPS. We all just have to get used to it.

I won't lie, I loved leveling as Demo and being able to solo every single group quest in the game. I also loved popping Meta, Immolate Aura, Shadowflame, and Rain of Fire all at once during trash pulls and cranking out 20k DPS. It took me a very long time to convince myself to respec. But...as many have said here, Affliction and Destruction just out-perform Demonology every time.

I absolutely love Demonology, it's by far the most underestimated spec. I haven't been out DPS'd in forever as Demo, and my gear isn't even all that great. Everyone says it's the easy spec, but that's just because 90% of them don't know how to play it. It's not just the simple rotation, because your pet is just as much of a part of your DPS as you. If you know how to play, any spec can do just as well. I can do 3.5k single target DPS easy with having heroic/rep/crafted items, and several reg naxx items. You need to learn what mob to attack, and even what mob to send your pet in on. Meta is abolutely amazing. I can offtank lower naxx mobs, and completely skyrocket on the damage meter after having used it. So I definitely think it's underestimated, and by the way, affliction never touches me. Destro can sometimes get close..

Demonology forever
    That's badass!.......I say badass now

Most of the group quests in northrend can be done by VW tanking..dot..healing VW...did most of them before patch. Was specd 41/30 atm. SO yes I like demonlogy..even though I leveled as dest in bc and wotlk which I do like dest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VenomC
    I absolutely love Demonology, it's by far the most underestimated spec. I haven't been out DPS'd in forever as Demo, and my gear isn't even all that great. Everyone says it's the easy spec, but that's just because 90% of them don't know how to play it. It's not just the simple rotation, because your pet is just as much of a part of your DPS as you. If you know how to play, any spec can do just as well. I can do 3.5k single target DPS easy with having heroic/rep/crafted items, and several reg naxx items. You need to learn what mob to attack, and even what mob to send your pet in on. Meta is abolutely amazing. I can offtank lower naxx mobs, and completely skyrocket on the damage meter after having used it. So I definitely think it's underestimated, and by the way, affliction never touches me. Destro can sometimes get close..

Demonology forever
    Find it extremly hard to belive that, in fact I know for a fact its not true demonolgy roxs as a PvE raider at least.
    Heroics, maybe.
    * Demonology wont even come close to full affliction, deep destro, destr/demon hybrid.
    It's not just the simple rotation, because your pet is just as much of a part of your DPS as you. If you know how to play, any spec can do just as well. I can do 3.5k single target DPS easy with having heroic/rep/crafted items, and several reg naxx items.
    That's the point. Demonology is nice with low gear but it reach it's dpspotential way too early to even be considered as a valid raidingspec. The more Naxxgear you get the more you will find yourself outdps'd (by ALOT) by other warlocks specs.
    * And yes.. it IS a simple spec, demonology keep 1, sometimes 2 shadowdots up for MC and just spam nukes. What's complex about that?

Cheers

Edit:
    affliction never touches me. Destro can sometimes get close..
    This just tell us that you raid with equally (poorly) geared warlocks. 3500 dps is what epic heroic/craftable gear should give.
    Not to be an ignorant ass but its clear you so far only played with poor gear and with other poor warlocks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Edit:This just tell us that you raid with equally (poorly) geared warlocks. 3500 dps is what epic heroic/craftable gear should give.
    Not to be an ignorant ass but its clear you so far only played with poor gear and with other poor warlocks.
    3500dps to 4000dps...is not nessacarily bad if you consider raid make up and whether it is heroic or not.

15+ Year Old Account

I personally get better dps in 10man cos its not as laggy :-[
    My point stands tho, demonology is suitable untill you enter the naxxgear part of the game. Steamrolled by affe, destro after that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Find it extremly hard to belive that, in fact I know for a fact its not true demonolgy roxs as a PvE raider at least.
    Heroics, maybe.
    * Demonology wont even come close to full affliction, deep destro, destr/demon hybrid.That's the point. Demonology is nice with low gear but it reach it's dpspotential way too early to even be considered as a valid raidingspec. The more Naxxgear you get the more you will find yourself outdps'd (by ALOT) by other warlocks specs.
    * And yes.. it IS a simple spec, demonology keep 1, sometimes 2 shadowdots up for MC and just spam nukes. What's complex about that?

Cheers

Edit:This just tell us that you raid with equally (poorly) geared warlocks. 3500 dps is what epic heroic/craftable gear should give.
    And all of this tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. The affliction locks I have played with have been heroic naxx geared, all the way to quest item and trash drop geared. I have never seen an affliction lock come close to me.

Besides, if you spec right, your pet will scale to an extent with you. You realize they get attack power and spell power from YOUR spell power right? They get 30% crit from your crit, they get stats from your stats, pets do scale. End of story.

Right now I raid 0/55/16 and if you know how to play it, you will be fine. All of the locks crying about it being easy and not viable in later content just don't know how to play it

15+ Year Old Account

And all of this tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. The affliction locks I have played with have been heroic naxx geared, all the way to quest item and trash drop geared. I have never seen an affliction lock come close to me.

Besides, if you spec right, your pet will scale to an extent with you. You realize they get attack power and spell power from YOUR spell power right? They get 30% crit from your crit, they get stats from your stats, pets do scale. End of story.

Right now I raid 0/55/16 and if you know how to play it, you will be fine. All of the locks crying about it being easy and not viable in later content just don't know how to play it
    Yea im clueless. It's not like 99,9% of the skilled warlocks would agree with me, it's not like BLZ in numerous blueposts stated "demonology pve need buffs to come closer to affliction and destro damage"

"All of the locks crying about it being easy and not viable in later content just don't know how to play it"
    Yes im sure hunters say the same when ppl tell them its ezmode to play a hunter. So whats so complex? Send pet, put up dots for MC, nuke huh..
    Im well aware of all demonolgy talents and to be honest, your gain of spelldamage means what? All in all demonology is way under affliction and destruction, even after buffs. If you base a spec on "this got most spelldamage, hence it's the best" well then you should seriously reconsider tell other players they don't know anything.

Keep on living in your imaginary world, cos you obviously regard 99% of the warlock on MMO as clueless cos they don't pve as Demonology.

The affliction locks I have played with have been heroic naxx geared, all the way to quest item and trash drop geared. I have never seen an affliction lock come close to me.
    Demonology is the easiest spec to play, affliction the hardest. Hardest thus making it bring more players who aren't good at playing it. The fact that you say demonology roxs for raiding says all, when you on top of that beat affliction players (talking bosses, not trash) it also add that you apperently played with crappy unskilled afflictionlocks."

Over and out

Edit:
    They are damn right when they say it's not viable (read competative with affe/destro). BLZ are in the progress of buffing demon so hopefully it will be but NO it's NOT as good as affe/destro. I dare to say that 99% of the skilled lockplayers agree, BLZ agree, EJ agree, Topguilds agree. But your right? ok..

If you find demonology fun, then by all means play it Just don't say that affliction and destro dont do more damage cos, atm, that's exactly what they do

I'm pretty sure I said in my first post that any spec can do just as well. It's learning how to play that spec.

I love that you say I don't see good Affliction locks because of skill and how hard it is to play. But you don't see good Demon locks often either, which tells me??.....Hmmmm, it must not be as easy to play either. It's overlooked, and underestimated. You can sit there and say that it's not as good all you want, but if you LEARN TO PLAY, you can do fine as any spec.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure I said in my first post that any spec can do just as well. It's learning how to play that spec. It's not all about spell damage

I love that you say I don't see good Affliction locks because of skill and how hard it is to play. But you don't see good Demon locks often either, which tells me??.....Hmmmm, it must not be as easy to play either. It's overlooked, and underestimated. You can sit there and say that it's not as good all you want, but if you LEARN TO PLAY, you can do fine as any spec.
    M8, the reason I don't see any demonologyspeced players outside grinding/heroics or pvp is cos it's not competative as I now said tons of times
    Any spec is equally good (as in, doing the same damage) if one know how to play it, how can you say that? You really shouldnt say that cos anyone raiding that is not true, the specs are not balanced with each other, they can be close but demonology is still pvpbiased. BLZ is trying to fix it but well if you dont believe me feel free to use the BluePost tracker in MMO and check BLZ answers regarding warlocks, I managed to find a Bluepost as recent as ~12h old regarding this subject.

Play it if it's fun but a skilled demonology player won't beat a skilled affliction or destro player

You can say all of that as much as you want, but it doesn't make it true :P ..Oh well, this is going absolutely nowhere with you. You can go ahead and listen to other locks complain about it, but until you actually try out all of the specs yourself, I wouldn't argue. Later

15+ Year Old Account

heh yea going nowhere
    someone will hopefully pop in here and tell you the same as me cos you smply can't find the strength to read all other ppl's posts about this in here
    have a nice weekend, time to try to figure out whats fubared with my gfxcard