Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by smokiej
    My guild leader recently re rolled warlock to Deathknight his first 25man naxx he was topping meters on most fights including bosses with about 5.6k dps in blues and maybe a green or two, He also still hade the dps plate bind on account shoulders, this was pre 3.08, non hit capped as well
    hard to believe. ok I only do 10man and i'm a tank. We don't have ehance shamy only 1 pal sometimes 2 so we don't have lots of buff. I dpsed for a run cauz a new tank was on "training" I had 3k dps on patch pre-patch unholy/blood spec in 50% epic gear, 1st time that I tried this spec. When I tank i'm around 2k dps on boss fight too (not that bad for a tank) sometimes more. Trash doesnt count cauz everyone can go up to 7k. So your GM did 5.6k dps in blues and green? dual wield spec did a little more dps than unholy one but you needed a good hit cap and you say that he wasnt capped..There is something wrong, dk's doing 5.6k in 25 man exist but not in blue/green not capped on hit.

  2. #22

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by iguane

    Any idea why im starving in dps?

    Hit rating- WRU??!?1

    That said- We had a Spriest who was usually 2 or 3 in all our raid dps per boss. Trash he cleaned house on like a champ too. He was hit capped by the time we completed our first Naxx 10 man I think.

    Don't gem for hit, gear for it otherwise if possible.

  3. #23
    greenmasheen
    Guest

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    spell power is the best way to increase your dps after you hit cap.

  4. #24

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    That said- We had a Spriest who was usually 2 or 3 in all our raid dps per boss. Trash he cleaned house on like a champ too. He was hit capped by the time we completed our first Naxx 10 man I think.

    Don't gem for hit, gear for it otherwise if possible.

    Hit was broken to begin with and we got away with less hit, yes some of the first runs of naxx SP's were decent, and yes may have been top 3 ....now, after gear/time ...that is just a fleeting memory.

    Seeing all these oh ya I hit xxxx dps on xxxx boss ...that's fine, I really don't care really how good your dps is, don't stand in <insert random aoe or ground effect here> and again you've won Wrath.

    Time on boss kills, gear make up, raid setup, the ability of your other classes in the raid, these are all key factors to epee stroking. I can go Mind Sear the adds in the last 20 seconds of the Instructor fight and hit 30k+ dps too but that proves nothing.

    Did you mess up your mind control and get the guy next to you killed? Did you miss a dance step and die to the ugly green fire of Noobness cause you were trying to get a cast off ? Were you ducking out from behind the ice block on Sarth trying to get that last dot up to top the meters and die like a idiot ? We're you not paying attention and ice block 3-4 people in the middle of KT because you had to pew pew harder and you cant move because your " channeling " ? Do you shadow word death the Spores on Lotheb before anyone else can get close to them ? Did you kill 5-6 people on Thaddius because you had to finish your cast or channel after a switch ? Did you leave your buddy on the wall to die after getting wrapped because you couldn't be bothered to get em down because of the meters ? Did you die via Lava Wave because you couldn't clip that last tick ?

    Rape trash, sure fine, Mind Sear your heart out. 3 Drakes, peachy, Mind Sear and DP, and watch the DK become your best friend. Hell if your really spiffy Mind Sear Grand Widow Faerlina's adds ontop of her and crack 6k easy =) ( Its fun btw )

    I do not think the hybrids should be above the pure dps classes. ( however the little evil priest inside disagrees )

    However I disagree that we're scaled anywhere near other hybrids atm. Respectable damage yes, competitive in a few respects, but we're back near the bottom as in BC but without the old VT to fall back on.

    I watch consistently Ret's and Boom's destroy meters, while we just sit back and pew pew lazers and pre 3.0.8 hope they hit. I do expect to be competitive with the classes I am competing for raid spots with. Right now, we would loose 9/10 times to a similarly geared/similar skilled player that offers just as much utility as us.

    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  5. #25

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Poor play is likely your problem, as a fellow Spriest I can top 3200 DPS completely unbuffed on a non-debuffed target.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    shadowpriest.com
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  7. #27

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by smokiej
    My guild leader recently re rolled warlock to Deathknight his first 25man naxx he was topping meters on most fights including bosses with about 5.6k dps in blues and maybe a green or two, He also still hade the dps plate bind on account shoulders, this was pre 3.08, non hit capped as well
    Stop trolling. No DK in blues/greens is doing 5.6k DPS, probably not even on Thaddius. Maybe on the spider trash or something.

    And Prayerz are correct. We are not scaleing as good as other hybrids. It might not show that well since our AOE damage is quite high, and many guilds are not really pushing the numbers. At the moment I would guess that some kind of roof of shadow priest DPS on fight as Patchwerk is around 5.5k DPS. For many other damage dealers out there, inc. other hybrids. It's way over 6k.

    Why? Well, one big reason is bloodlust/heroism. Many classes can press their big "HURT" button and drop cooldowns from left and right. On short fights (which most boss fights are at the moment). The cooldown poppers with bloodlust/heroism will do a lot more damage then priests, since well, we don't have any real cooldowns to use. Inner focus? lol.

    On fights where there is a lot of mobility and also some AOE. Like Sarth 3D, we shine.


  8. #28

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    You need ot get hitcap, you might not notice it but missing any of your spells can cost you a lot of DPS loss.
    (shadow is my offspec)
    My guild's patchwerk this week:
    http://wowwebstats.com/dvl5texcfkrqy?s=285081-311183
    I am missing 30 hit and I missed 1 DP on patchwerk and it cost me 100dps...
    You shoudl get hitcap first (try to get gear with hit instead of geming hit, geming spellpower would be the best). Your crit is fine and spellpower can be gain from more gear/ more gem slots, try to get a bit more haste.



  9. #29

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    To be honest, you need hit. You should also have more than 100 haste, but haste is an afterthought on most pieces of gear. However, the difference in 3.2k and 5k is not 100sp, 100 hit, and 200 haste. You are obviously doing something wrong with your priority. Keep in mind as well that people such as the previous poster are in guilds that are killing patchwerk in under 3 minutes. This means that a lot higher percentage of their time is spent in heroism/bloodlust. Keep in mind as well that a lot of the wws reports showing up with priests doing that much damage (such as the previous poster's) are from Tuesday night when the bug was in place. If you can keep yourself alive throughout the entire bossfight doing 3.2k dps you won't be a liability to any guild.

  10. #30

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Norava

    About 90% of the time, my sundial procs after my plague or shadow word: pain, which is a perfect time to activate my war prisoner trinket and begin the mind flay spam. When your shaman throws down the bloodlust, cut shadow word: death out of your rotation and mind flay as much as you possibly can and pray to god that your trinket procs during that time to see lots of pretty big numbers.

    Hope this helps.
    No No No... 2 x MF doesnt make up a clean MB CD during BL, 3 x MF over does the MB CD making you cast MB too late... you should go 2 x MF and 1 x SW and you will notice your MB come off CD to be cast immediately... that is superior dps than spamming MF during BL.

    There is a WWS thread on www.elitistjerks.com you should check out, apart from the obvious about getting hit capped or close you need to evaluate your dot uptime and your average MB casts... you should average casting MB every 7.5 to 8seconds, dots should be up over 90% of the time... once you get that right it will be about small things, like not casting SW:P until Imp Scorch or winter's chill is at max stacks.

    5.1K dps is my best on patchwerk so far.

  11. #31

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    No No No... 2 x MF doesnt make up a clean MB CD during BL, 3 x MF over does the MB CD making you cast MB too late... you should go 2 x MF and 1 x SW and you will notice your MB come off CD to be cast immediately... that is superior dps than spamming MF during BL.
    I took Death out of my rotation during bloodlust and reached 5.2k dps. I'll post WWS's of my next patchwerk to prove it.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    The thing about dps.

    First of all, you're gear capped to a certain extend. Most "almost perfect" geared people pull off 3k dps without raid buffs. So basicly the last 2k dps boils down to being buffs. Be it raid buffs, flasks or smart use of potions. And ofcource, lantency and server-lag.

    You can't nessary reach 5k dps in a raid today. Reaching 4k every time is perfectly doable, and very easy. 4500 without lag as well. I'd say the last 500 dps from 4500 to 500 is almost purely based on what raid setup and buffs you got.

    One can only look at WWS so much. If another players DoTs tick for more than mine in general, it's not really my fault, that's down to gear and buffs.

    The only thing you really CAN compare is the amount of ticks on Vampiric Touch. The player with most Vampiric Touch ticks wins the dps, simple as that.

    P.S. Using SW during a BL is retarded.

  13. #33

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    MB full talented 5.5sec CD, is the highest dps nuke spell a spriest has... MF under the effects of BL will be approx 2 sec cast if you ahve any sort of gear... casting 3 x MF during BL will delay your next MB by at least 0.5 sec from when it could have been cast... casting 2 x MF = about 4 sec + 1 GCD for SW means you will cast your next MB the moment it comes off CD.

    You may argue clipping yoru MF after 2 ticks is a better option but I find MF clipping difficult to execute and thus tend to avoid it... again go check simcraft, spriest sample data with SW is more dps then no SW... I admit it's marginal but for someone who is constantly going oom (god only knows how) you might want to cast spells with higher DPM (whcih SW is) that increase your IST up time.

    Does this mean casting SW dramatically increases your dps... no, it's marginal... but it's still higher dps then spamming MF which invariably leads to delayed MB casts.

  14. #34

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by pogmohoin
    Seems youre well on your way. But regarding hit cap it really is important. W/o talents and such your base hit should be 11% around 300hit. I understand your logic /w not missin too oftern but it matters. Keep all your dots up and make sure to apply sw when shadowweaving is fully stacked.

    You have to figure, if vt is 1.5 sec cast and you have to recast it you just lost around 2400 damage, just from that spell begin out your rotation for the 1.5 sec.
    It should be 12% (changed in Wrath) with talents and I think its 361.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  15. #35

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trannysteve
    Hit rating- WRU??!?1

    That said- We had a Spriest who was usually 2 or 3 in all our raid dps per boss. Trash he cleaned house on like a champ too. He was hit capped by the time we completed our first Naxx 10 man I think.

    Don't gem for hit, gear for it otherwise if possible.
    Since the new "pvp" items from WG came out that are loaded with hit, along with some other changes to items, its relatively easy to hit the hit cap before stepping foot into a raid now.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  16. #36

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quick question:

    Does dps on Thaddius count for the 5k club? If so I did something like 5.3k last night... my first time in H Naxx!

    First time in Naxx period :-X
    Say no to racism, say no to blizzard!!!

  17. #37

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dropped
    First of all, shadow focus is 3% hit and not 6% that means that you are only around 10% hit rating?, think you have got the numbers confused its 3% hit and 6% reduce mana cost of you shadow spells... and that really not good, and thats with ur racial. You will need between 16% to 17% if you really want something to happen.
    And spriests arn't really a main dps in raids, like rogues, hunters, locks, paladins (in this patch) and so on... well im not saying it is not possible for a spriest reaching 5k dps, i've seen alot of them do it.

    Plus change your pvp gear to some pve gear that can do the trick also, like you get more mana from replenishment and so on and that means that you can keep on going longer with out interupting your dps cycle in fights wich equals more dps.

    And a little tip, reroll undead Devouring plague helps alot in my own experience...
    This guy has to be kidding, right? I haven't laughed this much in a shadowpriest forum in a looong time :'D

  18. #38
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    You may argue clipping yoru MF after 2 ticks is a better option but I find MF clipping difficult to execute and thus tend to avoid it...
    I think it extremly easy, and alot more efficient.

    I admit it's marginal but for someone who is constantly going oom (god only knows how) you might want to cast spells with higher DPM (whcih SW is) that increase your IST up time.
    Personally I don't go OOM anymore, but I think it's a joke that you people claim you cannot go oom.

    If you're saying you can't burn all your mana before all your cooldowns are up again, then you're either getting Mana Tide, using Mana Potions or using Dispersion, with the two latters being a dps loss.

    Casters go OOM, that's a fact. Except warlocks, since they can life-tap (dps loss), and get healers to waste their mana renewing the warlock's mana.

    Mages, Boomkins, Elemental Shamans and Shadowpriests will eventually go OOM if the fight is long enough.

  19. #39

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leozero
    let me guess top 5 dps in your raid are always dks and? rogues
    well rogues are fine but omg fucking dks do 4000 or more dps! even in blues they can output 3000! they need a serious big nerf! blizzard told us dks would be op untill 70-80 row when they would get normalized but nooo the damn things do so much damage!
    You are a madman sir. No way in hell they are doing more than 2k in blues. Ive seen my share of DK's.

    In fact, in pugs youre lucky if most facerolling asshats even get above 1,5k
    Reason? They are all pvp specced..

  20. #40
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    lol rogues as top dps, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •