Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Well top dps currently are currently fury warriors (our warriors suck though), destro warlocks (they got buffed seriously) and ofc mages (currently arcane). All of them are easily doing over 5k in good gear.

  2. #42
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    And shadowpriests!

    On the only fight that matters in the game atm. I was #1 or #2 the whole evening (we had some new people tagging along, hence... wipes).

  3. #43

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    And shadowpriests!

    On the only fight that matters in the game atm. I was #1 or #2 the whole evening (we had some new people tagging along, hence... wipes).
    You mean Sarth +3? Yeah we went there on wednesday with bugged misery and I was over dpsing everyone x2, fair enough, everyone was like WTF? happy times, too bad it didnt last.

  4. #44

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Question for all you shadow priests. I myself usually do pretty well off on DPS, 3.3-3.5k on bosses with no aoe or boss related buffs (thaddius, loatheb, malygos, etc). I was wondering, lets say I run in and the first spell I open up with on the run in is shadow wordain. As long as I keep THAT SW:P refreshed by mindflay, will it do damage equivelant to 0-1 stacks of shadow weaving? Or will the first tick be relatively low and the rest be picked up by the incoming new stacks?

  5. #45

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

    If you're saying you can't burn all your mana before all your cooldowns are up again, then you're either getting Mana Tide, using Mana Potions or using Dispersion, with the two latters being a dps loss.
    Cannot go oom using shadow fiend... the only time i need to use dispersion is occasionally on Sapph when I don't quite place my fiend right and he either gets tail swiped or killed by a blizzard early, and if I get unlucky on KT and get the Mana burn several times... other than that I only use dispersion on trash... I always preemptively use my fiend and we tend to BL early or late meaning I always have it off CD to use during BL...

    I'll say again, cannot go oom... I certainly chain cast and thus far i'm in the top 3 dps of my guild if not number 1 and while we are more casual than most raiding guilds we were in the top 5 guilds on our server for BC and easily top 10 so far in LK.

    I have no idea how mana was ever an issue for you apart from when you were in blues and even then 3min fiend combined with 3min dispersion easily got around it.

    For the record I'm always in the tank party which consists of a warrior, 2 druids and DK... I do not get any mana tides, use pots very seldom (maybe if I get unlucky with KT mana burns)... feel free to look through my last WWS to see how many times I cast dispersion in boss fights http://wowwebstats.com/c25t22nqpbp5q...x194e5f2#buffs As you can see it was once for the entire 25man naxx (during bosses).

    Lastly I tend to use Dispersion at times there is no dps loss... of very minimal... 1 might be when inside a sapph ice block, another might be during a change in polarity from thaddius where you have to move because you dont want to refresh dots till u are rebuffed (or its a dps loss)... there are plenty of situations where dispersion is a 0 dps loss or next to. I also keep telling you SW isn't as bad a spell as you make out... its high DPM and procs IST... perhaps that's where you're going wrong and why you go oom or at least used to when I couldn't get near it.

  6. #46

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soxes
    Question for all you shadow priests. I myself usually do pretty well off on DPS, 3.3-3.5k on bosses with no aoe or boss related buffs (thaddius, loatheb, malygos, etc). I was wondering, lets say I run in and the first spell I open up with on the run in is shadow wordain. As long as I keep THAT SW:P refreshed by mindflay, will it do damage equivelant to 0-1 stacks of shadow weaving? Or will the first tick be relatively low and the rest be picked up by the incoming new stacks?
    SW:P only benefits from the SW stacks as it is cast... so if you cast it with 0 stacks even when you MF with 5 stacks later on the SW:P will still be ticking at the 0 stacks level... As such you should try to cast SW:P only after your SW stacks are at 5 and your raid has up 5 stacks of imp scorch or winter's chill... sometimes those mages are slack so you can cast SW:P and then recast it once the full buffs are up... a situation where I do that is Loatheb, i start with SW:P early as possible and recast it when i get the 50% spore crit buff as this will do more dps then simply waiting for it b4 casting.

    There was a time where you couldn't override an exsiting SW:P but that no longer occurs...

    Temp SP buffs however are updated by the MF refresh... it just seems crit buffs or damage multipliers aren't.

  7. #47

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by iguane
    Hi!

    I wonder why i cant beat 3200k dps in boss fights when raiding! My gear is decent and in most pugs im usually in the top 3 dpsers (and often first). But i just joined a stronger guild and im actually fighting for the 6-8ish position. what a drop!

    Im full epic... in fact, i only have a trinket to replace ( I have Forge amber wich is still 5th on the shadowpriest.com gear list). I use some pvp gear to fill some spot. And my loot priority will be for a Dying curse trinket

    here my stats (unbuff)

    1894 sp (darn! they nerfed titansteel gardian!)
    21.92% crit
    136 haste rating (4.15%)
    *163 hit rating (6.21%) +1% because im a dranei, and +6% from my spec.
    my spec is 14/0/57, i think its a common build

    i think my spell rotation is fine. Like everybody, i refresh my dots, mind blast each time my cd is up and fill with mind flay (or sometime pwd instead of cliping a mf).

    I know i dont have my hit cap yet! But i dont miss so often! Seriously, i can believe i wont be able to reach 5000k dps w/o my hit cap. But im still supposed to be in the 4k no? 6% miss will really lower my dps like that?

    Here my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7thol&n=Iguane

    Any idea why im starving in dps?

    3200 DPS!? WHOA!? i can only dream of that kind of dps ratings on my rogue... i can do 10k on trash , but noone cares about trash :-\

  8. #48

    Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

    Quote Originally Posted by iguane
    Hi!

    I wonder why i cant beat 3200k dps in boss fights when raiding! My gear is decent and in most pugs im usually in the top 3 dpsers (and often first). But i just joined a stronger guild and im actually fighting for the 6-8ish position. what a drop!

    Im full epic... in fact, i only have a trinket to replace ( I have Forge amber wich is still 5th on the shadowpriest.com gear list). I use some pvp gear to fill some spot. And my loot priority will be for a Dying curse trinket

    here my stats (unbuff)

    1894 sp (darn! they nerfed titansteel gardian!)
    21.92% crit
    136 haste rating (4.15%)
    *163 hit rating (6.21%) +1% because im a dranei, and +6% from my spec.
    my spec is 14/0/57, i think its a common build

    i think my spell rotation is fine. Like everybody, i refresh my dots, mind blast each time my cd is up and fill with mind flay (or sometime pwd instead of cliping a mf).

    I know i dont have my hit cap yet! But i dont miss so often! Seriously, i can believe i wont be able to reach 5000k dps w/o my hit cap. But im still supposed to be in the 4k no? 6% miss will really lower my dps like that?

    Here my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7thol&n=Iguane

    Any idea why im starving in dps?

    Hey,

    Acouple of thins that might help you getting to the 5k dps:

    - getting Hitcap is vital, Any misses will result in a drop of dps.
    - Make sure you put pain (or refresh it if you really want too) when you have the maximum amount of spellpower.
    - Maybe your raid setup isnt optimal for you? For example a ret pala gives you 3% dmg and haste, And a doomkin gives you 5% crit and 3% haste (if specced in imp moonkin aura). Another thing might be the lack of a caster shaman to benefit from their totems?
    - And finally, it might just be your gear ^^. If you are still using the BS made weapon not all of your gear is optimal. Espacially after they changed the stats on it.

    I hope this helps m8.


    EDIT: Extra information.

    What I find extremely usefull is the addon called Drdmg / drdamage (one of these 2 names). It shows the avarage amount of dmg (or healing) done by your spells / abilities and dots. This way you can always see the dmg your Pain will do on a target. Just remember at what number you put the pain up and when you see you are on a higher number than that amount recast pain. This way you will have the maximum amount of dmg done by Pain constantly during a boss fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •