Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Final Boss in Uludar

Really, I was just wondering who do you guys think will be the final boss in Uludar? I was thinking it's probably going to have something to do with the pantheon so it might be someone possessed by Sargeras or, as many people think, it will be Yogg-Saron. Which I see a low probability of that because it seems to me, Yogg-Saron is much much more present farther underground in the Old Kingdom and Azjol-Nerub instances so I feel like we might be seeing him in a future raid or a raid included in 3.1 but is more in the essence of Mag's and Gruul's. Yet, Loken does seem to talk a lot about Yogg-Saron so maybe he will be there. Hell if I know. :P

Re: Final Boss in Uludar

Yogg-Saron fo sho playa!

Yogg-Saron's presence is ever apparent even in the north of Storm Peaks. I highly anticipate it will be a fight similar to C'Thun, where we do not truly kill the old god, but likely drive him back to quell his influence over Ulduar.

Isn't Yogg-Saron meant to be under Grizzly Hills though?
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Ol' Yoggy is supposed to be underground throughout most of northrend actually....his tentacles stretching far and wide. So you can assume he's massively huge, supposedly having hundres/thousands of "maws"... it was him who corrupted and caused to fail the world tree in North Rend, as is the assumption you can safely make from doing the quest lines in Amberpine Lodge.

I dream of how blizzard has visualized and will implement fighting something of such magnitude... if c'thun was so epic...I can only begin to wonder how wicked-awesome Yogg-Saron will be.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexdeus
    Yogg-Saron's presence is ever apparent even in the north of Storm Peaks. I highly anticipate it will be a fight similar to C'Thun, where we do not truly kill the old god, but likely drive him back to quell his influence over Ulduar.
    He's there, mostly because of Loken and his crazy ass but I just don't feel like he is *there,* if you know what I mean. In Ice Crown we get the huge hole in the ground under the Citadel that has Faceless crawling all over it. There's the mine that you can see a tiny C'thun in (the one near the Ebon Blade place. Just swim to the bottom of it, there's a tiny Yogg-Saron thing there.) There's the mine that whispers at you and has crazy people that try to beat you up. Dragonblight has Azjol-Nerub and Old Kingdom. Grizzly Hills has the corrupted world tree. But Storm Peaks just has Loken, and that's it and the off-mention from the computer things about symbiotic parasites (old gods) and the curse of the flesh.

It seems to me that the closer to the center of Azeroth you get, the closer you get to the Old Gods and Storm Peaks is the Highest place in Northrend so therefor the farthest away from Yogg-Saron. But perhaps we will go down into the ground with Uludar, I dunno. I just feel like Yogg-Saron will pop up somewhere else while Uludar might be something maybe related to the Old God, but I do not think it will be him.

Edit: By the way, ever wonder what the hell happened to Thorim? He seems to have just disappeared. Just an off-thought, but perhaps he will be the final boss. Him corrupted by Yogg-Saron in some way? Just a thought.

also, C'thun was a very VERY VERY long fight. id really hat to see how long the new encounters are going to be. :-\ ;D
    It doesn't think, It doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All It does from dusk till dawn,
    Is Make the soldiers die!

Brewer - Daggerspine -> Brewer - Mok'Nathal -> Pshycoteddi - Mok'Nathal -> CØbrakai - Mok'Nathal

It'll be Yogg'saron. There's really no doubt about it.

I'm gonna have to agree that it'll be Yogg'saron although I've got a feeling we're gonna fight Thorim in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    It'll be Yogg'saron. There's really no doubt about it.
    As far as I know, blizzard as said nothing about it. So yeah, there is some doubt there.

Most are going to say Yogg-Saron because if he isn't it might mess with their belief that Grim Batol is where we're going for 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    Most are going to Say Yogg'saron because if he isn't it might mess with their belief that Grim Batol is where we're going for 3.2.
    People just really REALLY want to kill Death Wing, huh? Well, as much as it might seem we'll only get one single huge raid in 3.1, I feel like we'll probably get a couple small ones as well. There is still Uldum as well. There's plenty of space for stuff in the Caverns of Time. There's Azjol-Nerub and that rather large sinkhole has plenty room for another raid entrance. Grizzly Hills has plenty of places to throw in a raid (maybe 25 man SFK!?!) And I also feel like we could get a Vrykul raid which could be at the huge building in north-west Ice-Crown that you do the 5-man fight on top of.

There's plenty of places we could be going. There's more likely places, but blizzard lives to surprise.

I don't think it'll be Yogg, but it would definitely be cool. I've been thinking more that it will be the Pantheon. Reasons for this:

- There is no evidence Loken and his lakies are looking to free Yogg for HIM to kill everyone
    - the story in Halls of Stone suggests that if the old gods die, the planet dies. I have been thinking Loken is being corrupted by his father (sargeras) or by way from Lich King/Arthas (since every other instance in Wrath has had SOME final boss or charcter to be corrupted by the Lich King and that Sargeras, and Arthas are somewhat linked if not only from influence), to unearth Yogg not to use him but to kill him.
    - Killing Loken in Lightning erupts the light from the globe and he says something along the lines of "My death brings the end of this world." Loken was the defender of Azeroth; I'm pretty sure the Pantheon wouldn't be all too happy if it found out (by means of the light becon thing) that somehow, the people of Azeroth had destroyed their defendant, and that the planet is now hostile. We being the hostiles.
    - When they arrive, i'm guessing it'd be planned that Yogg would have been released, and the pantheon would think it was him instead of us; killing it and killing the planet. I've been thinking our goal would be to stop the pantheon from killing Yogg, and in a way defending him from the earth's destruction.

Which could then lead up to us realizing "hey not killing yogg wasnt such a great idea," bringing in the next instance, where we fight the cultists, bug people, and other things like that again, because Yogg is messin' everything up. Or, once Yogg is released, he rebirths the other Elemental Gods... if he can do that... and then we can have more elemental gods to fight AND.... since we did just do away with the Pantheon, or severly weaken them, Yogg has free rein to do whatever he/it wants.

its a little farfetched, but I hope that Yogg is more of a supporting character in Ulduar, and not the final boss. Blizzard always likes to have the players assume the tragic role of plot twisters (Arthas W3, Diablo 1 & 2, Kerrigan in SC), and it would be amazing if that type of story telling made its way back into their games instead of the "valliant groups of heros trumpetting around azeroth to save the day." It is a role we've played a lot in the expansion via quests as well, would assume that it'd continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliades
    TBy the way, ever wonder what the hell happened to Thorim? He seems to have just disappeared. Just an off-thought, but perhaps he will be the final boss. Him corrupted by Yogg-Saron in some way? Just a thought.
    Thorim was captured by Loken when you accompanied him to kill Loken. Where exactly did he go? Can't really tell, but I'm positive we'll see Thorim in Ulduar somewhere. Probably some kind of cool battle to free him, or maybe he's been corrupted like Loken.

Quote Originally Posted by mmViole
    I don't think it'll be Yogg, but it would definitely be cool. I've been thinking more that it will be the Pantheon. Reasons for this:

- There is no evidence Loken and his lakies are looking to free Yogg for HIM to kill everyone
    - the story in Halls of Stone suggests that if the old gods die, the planet dies. I have been thinking Loken is being corrupted by his father (sargeras) or by way from Lich King/Arthas (since every other instance in Wrath has had SOME final boss or charcter to be corrupted by the Lich King and that Sargeras, and Arthas are somewhat linked if not only from influence), to unearth Yogg not to use him but to kill him.
    - Killing Loken in Lightning erupts the light from the globe and he says something along the lines of "My death brings the end of this world." Loken was the defender of Azeroth; I'm pretty sure the Pantheon wouldn't be all too happy if it found out (by means of the light becon thing) that somehow, the people of Azeroth had destroyed their defendant, and that the planet is now hostile. We being the hostiles.
    - When they arrive, i'm guessing it'd be planned that Yogg would have been released, and the pantheon would think it was him instead of us; killing it and killing the planet. I've been thinking our goal would be to stop the pantheon from killing Yogg, and in a way defending him from the earth's destruction.
    First, Yogg-Saron is Loken's master: "My master has shown me the future, and you have no place in it. Azeroth will be reborn in darkness. Yogg-Saron shall be released! The Pantheon shall fall!" - Loken when you enter his chamber in HoL. Loken has betrayed the Pantheon, so I doubt they care about him anymore. And I just don't see the Pantheon intervening now since they haven't made an appearance since the beginning of the world.

I think all signs point to Yogg-Saron: "Loken says: Thanks to your little friend, you've left the Temple of Storms, where you were at your strongest. Instead we fight closer to my master's power."

Loken created the new Earthen that defended HoL/HoS as well as the other defenders there, (giants, Vrykul). So, when Yogg-Saron corrupted Loken, those armies became his. So, it would appear that Yogg-Saron is behind all this, and would be the final boss.

The point about the Old-Gods being part of the Azeroth and killing them would kill Azeroth is interesting, mmViole. It definitely suggests some kind of twist could be in store at the end. However, C'thun is an Old God, yet he was killed (right?). So, who knows. I just think that with all the Yogg-Saron lore we've seen in Wrath, that he'll have to make an appearance at some point, and Ulduar seems to be the logical place.
    Breshin - Level 80 Tauren Enhancement Shaman
    [url=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Chocomilk]Chocomilk - Level 80 Tauren Protection Warrior

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    Most are going to say Yogg-Saron because if he isn't it might mess with their belief that Grim Batol is where we're going for 3.2.
    They said that the instance in 3.2 is a place that haven't been introduced to WoW yet. Grim Batol is already there , right ?

I personally thing that 3.2 will be the thingie in Zul'drak.

Back on topic though, Yogg-Saron is probably the last boss in Ulduar. Quote from Loken: "Thanks to your little friend, you've left the Temple of Storms, where you were at your strongest. Instead we fight closer to my master's power."

Fighting closer to the masters power? Since Loken is in HoL, which is very close to Ulduar Yogg-Saron might be there. Atleast I think so.

yeah, the only sketchy bit in the whole theory is that end of the Thorim chain, where loken is surrounded by a bunch of tentacle looking things.

We do not know however if Yogg *is* his master, it can be implied, but there could be other corruption going on. He definitely refers to him directly, in that Yoggg will be released, but we do not know if Yogg, the master, is bidding him to release him, or if someone else is wanting Lokken to release Yogg as a weapon.

It also seems a little disconnected, in that you'd think if Lokken was doing the bidding to release Yogg if he is his servent, we'd see more Twilight Culstists in Halls of Stone & Lightning and or influence from them. Instead they're in the Azjol instances across the continent. The closest thing we get to Twlight Cultists is the elemental boss and elementals in halls of Lightning.

??? ??? ??? ???

i got nuthin. Just hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

edit: few other quotes with some hypothesizing:

The work of your brothers in the Storm Peaks has reached a frenzied pace. Soon, Father will be freed.
    Not sure what this is all about, don't think Loken is crazy enough to think his father is Yogg. If it is Sargeras, that may have a link to the events in Undercity, from influence.

"You stare blindly into the abyss!"
    contrary to all that other stuff of trying to dig too deep... this seems pretty close to Volzaj or whomever, and relation to the old-gods insanity type stuff, making Yogg make more sense.

If the pantheon does come down, they could also be a little angry we killed Malygos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexdeus
    I highly anticipate it will be a fight similar to C'Thun, where we do not truly kill the old god, but likely drive him back to quell his influence over Ulduar.
    Um, we kill C'Thun.

He is not "driven back". That bitch is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr
    Um, we kill C'Thun.

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that if you killed the old gods you would destroy Azeroth, and as far as i'm aware its still there

I don't quite know about final boss as such but what about the Tribunal of Ages, could their physical forms be a part of ulduar (as im guessing that it's just a database that Brann communicates with in HoS)

Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr
    Um, we kill C'Thun.

I guess that makes Kil'jaeden a bitch to because he's also dead.

Oh wait he didn't die, and neither did C'thun, Read the lore pl0x
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVanquisher
    Yeah, about that.... the Frozen throne is at the bottom of Icecrown Citadel... not the top. Not to mention this entire idea is dumb as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    lol wtf is it really? cause im pretty sure its somewhere around the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    actually who the fuck am i kidding the frozen throne is at the top end of discussion.
    Hilarious every fucking time i read this

15+ Year Old Account

Well we could suppose that we killed some sort of "avatar" of C'thun, or something like his "eye" not his whole body.

Because else we also have to suppose that Arthas killed an Old God if we say that We killed C'thun.

I'm quite sure that those eye-like things aren't the old gods, but rather parts of their bodies or some sort of avatar