Yesterday I saw an Unholy Dk crying and i asked Whats wrong???

He told me that he been hit with the nerf bat and he felt all wrong.

So with the hit to the nerf spec as of a few days ago I have been looking into another spec with my Current Dk. I do happen to like unholy dk's the way they play and so forth my main is an affliction warlock so maybe I just like dots/ disease. As of the patch my current built is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...&n=Rickamortis which is 5/11/45 once I hit 80 it will be 15/11/45.

The question I guess in short is being with my current built I don’t have gargoyle cause of the nerft I don’t have shadow of death because of the nerf and i dont have anti-magic zone for the same reason the nerf. Should I still go as deep into unholy as I currently am.

And my second question is instead of putting the rest of the points into blood to basically only get dark conviction and two-handed specialization. Should I instead go deep into frost to get killing machine with its new mechanics?

Lastly I know this might be a cookie cutter built but I play to have fun so it doesn’t have to be perfect but I do want to be comparative, in arena’s and if I decided to pve hold my own.

Thanks for the advice in advance, please keep flames to a minum

Re: Yesterday I saw an Unholy Dk crying and i asked Whats wrong???

I can't really speak for pvp, because I know some of the changes to us were to address survivability. But ultimately, for PvE dps the current cookie cutter spec is the exact same as it was pre-patch. Our full out dps might have dropped some from due to the nerf to gargoyle (which was a necessary nerf, it was OP), but they buffed our ghoul (please spec back into the ghoul), buffed necrosis, buffed Unholy Blight, gave our pets a ton of AoE avoidance (my pet hardly ever dies anymore) from NotD. The cookie cutter build is unchanged. Please read this:

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t37087-u...ps_discussion/

Ultimately I'm not really noticing much of a "nerf" in my dps.

actually as a frost knight i am noticing my dps has moderately increased since the patch, mostly owing to the KM change (two hander)
    all hail king frost strike

You're doing it wrong. Go back to your main.

now, before we get started wondering why certain class gets nerf.... lets pretend you are a druid

for the sake of all that is holy, let's assume you are a tauren balance druid

in vanilla

you are a myth

you don't even exists unless if you are a npc

your only point of existence is to pretty much the d.j of the dance party of a rp server

you are a free kill, provided they can catch you

then they decide to open up the dark portal.... yeah, that dark glowy thing in blasted land..... and the bronze dragonflights finally decided "hey, we need help tracking some cool looking dragon kicking our ass! And we can control time! We can be everywhere at once! where we gonna get help?" and they decide to turn to you

YOU

the fat ass feather cover fiend of the underworld

you are given better gear..... of course, 90% of the time, you are using a dagger and holding a lantern, but you dont give a damn. You. ARE. A BOOMKIN!

until you ran out of mana and have to stab Illidan with a dagger.

yes, a tiny glowing dagger.

Then emoprince of darkness finally decide to kick some ass (and he couldn't do it any earlier than this shit cuz he's too busy with his entourage of winged hawt and half naked chicks..... He could have said "Hey, KT, your level is too low and 40 lvl 70 is kicking your ass, move to northend and work for me" (At which point, KT goes, "You dont pay me enough to relocate.... unless you promote me to vice president of operation, I ain't going newhere) Of course he did, he does have 4 horseman with a gambling habit, a widow with an army of suitor, a giant spider, a giant dog, and a gay disco going necromancer to feed. Not to mention, he has to built a giant made of women and children..... so he is force to relocate to Dragonsblight where resource is cheaper anyway.

At this point, you learn the ability to crash orbiting gnome satellites into the people (Of course, no one tells the gnomes about the moonkin's computer brain) in addition to your bolt shooter, photon cannon, and laserbeam. You also puke out blue gushy stuff and have the ability to summon your very very own sock puppets.

And then god came and said, orbiting gnome satellites aren't suppose to knock people out for a few seconds. So they make the gnomish satellites flying paper weights.

And for the first time in their lives

the souless ones feel sadness and grief.... they are mortal once more as they watch a plate wearing caster killing class with their swirly hammer of doom and fear inducing drugs raise to stardom... well there's two

now they scheme with the dumb and reckless ones that charges into battle and the dot placing whiny ones against a common foe.

of course, the scissor no one can find is laughing in the shadow (for a greater understanding of the scissor, please go to youtube and check out world of roguecraft you noob)

Moral of the story:

God has spoken

Deal with it.
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Wow Disco.

you should see my article on how healing works
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

Link?

Strangely enough most warlocks I know either have a DK as a amin alt/ rerolled to one, myself included. Personally I like the idea of healing through offensive abilities/ spells and always liked blackguards/ necromancers in games. I guess it attracts a type.

More on topic - my frost tanks dps has gone up but theres a couple of things I was thinking about. Firstly, you mentuion this will be your spec "once you hit 80". Now I remember full well levelling my to-be tank as unholy as fast as possible to out-run the nerfs that it would get. Frankly... yes I don't play my DK as dps as I have issues playing any hybrid class as dps, but levelling I recognised unholy as OP as hell. With my bad gear I could pull off 5-6k scourge strikes at lv 65 odd, and deathstrike would be a full heal if spammed a couple of times. No class should be able to do that, and there's no debating that. With shadow of death I could solo elite quests as - even if you died - you had 45 seconds as a ghoul to finish off the last %. Granted that was fun as hell to do... but I'm not a fan of godmode as anything but a levelling tool. If we take Bullshifters words to be correct and that his/ her PVE dps is the same, its a nerf to pvp/ levelling which were more the areas where unholy needed to brought into line.

Ultimately, my frost DK does more damage aka can make more threat now. My guess is unholy DKs will still be competative, but my advice will be to look out for more nerfs/ balancing of DK dps as Blizz will bring this into line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Link?

Heres more food for thoughts:

Well lets describe the process of being heal

Lets imagine for a second

That you are a warrior.... a female night elf warrior in the most revealing armour you can find

You are sitting inside a giant cave and in front of you, about 30 yards, there's a giant creature in front of you, trust me, he probably can see you with his large eyes. And yet, he just stands there while your mage friends summon a table with bread that can quench your thirst and satisfy your hunger (last time I check, weed is a possible ingredient... some scientists calls it a miracle plant), it can also heal wounds, numb pains (I retract my statement, its not a possible ingredient, it probably is the main ingredient, and don't even get me started on how bread can heal you). Now....

You are the 'tank'.... the monster you are fighting is a behemoth, largest creature you will ever face.... and you are expecting the revealing armour you receive as gifts for your valiant effort to protect you against a giant ax smashing you.

It did, surprisingly.

Now your mage friend is shooting frostfire bolts (don't even get me started on that one) which from the spell description, combines the power of frost and fire, chilling and burning the target, with a laser beam casting manowlbear that can only be genetically engineer by a crazy scientist hell-bent on taking over the world.... and next to him, is a gnome warlock with a demon four times his gnome size and the demon just stands there when he could have punted the gnome..... A blue alien yet humanoid shaman decides to give you a hand, sparks appear from his finger tip. He fires a 10,000 volt lightning bolt from his hand, without it hurting his hand at all, not even a burn. The small ball of lightning hit the giant ogre and the ogre remains unfazed, not even a flinch after taking a crap loads of things (quick temperature changes, laser beams, and 10000 volts) that would probably kill any living being.

The ogre with the giant ax pays them no heed, in fact, it barely bat an eyelash at the healer you got with you and proceed to fight you as you slowly poke the guy yelling "your momma" jokes at him

A few minutes later, you find yourself missing an arm and half your face..... now your healer, a holy paladin without any medical training with the exception of knowing how to make bandages without sterlizing the cloths that he receive from killing people and looting their blood and diease covered corpse cast a spell and magically attach your missing arm (which for some reason, you are still able to use and holding a shield) and as you magically feel the muscle, the tendons, the skin patches themselves all over your body.

After you kill the giant ogre with an ax, you proceed to loot the body and a staff drops.... Congratulations!

Suddenly coming up from behind you, a giant 6 ft cow runs up, riding on a skeletal horse which has no tendons and muscles to hold it up and the skeletal horse IS NOT breaking.

He (well, it looks like a he, all burger meat looks the same to you anyway) blinks at you, wave at you with what seems to be hoof, grab the rein on his sturdy looking horse with those hooves and ran off.

Now the question is no longer how the hell did that ogre hide the staff, how you get healed, or why is a horde traveling alone. The real question becomes, do you want to mine that Titanium node that just grew out of the ground next to you or are you going to roll against your best friend for it?

moral of the story:

dont question a game, just assume is magic

and cake is a lie

Pure win Disko, pure win.

@ disco: I DEMAND MORE !!!! You make my day at work worthwhile

Disco, please make your own blog with daily updated statements as those above. Loled so hard XD

Stay Unholy.

They nerfed Gargoyle, but they buffed Necrosis and they buffed our ghoul. On top of it your ghoul will now survive ! So add it all and your dps should be the same as before, or almost. Unholy is still FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Stay Unholy.

They nerfed Gargoyle, but they buffed Necrosis and they buffed our ghoul. On top of it your ghoul will now survive ! So add it all and your dps should be the same as before, or almost. Unholy is still FTW
    I would also like to add something I forgot in my first post- even though Gargoyle was nerfed, it now only takes 10 RP per tick as well instead of 20, making it almost trivial to continue casting Death Coil and keep your UB up without prematurely ending Gargoyle, whereas before it almost required the T7 4pc set bonus to be able to do anything at all with your RP besides feed your gargoyle while it was active. That recoups "some" of the damage nerfed from Gargoyle as well.

17/0/54 is still alive and kicking. 2H frost is very competitive with 2H unholy now as well, though 2H Blood still seems to be lagging behind for pure single target dps (contrary to what most people's expectation of the tree would be). The DW spec's have been nerfed through the changes to KM back to a "competitive" level with the 2H specs, as opposed to far outstripping them, which is ultimately Blizz's design goal with the class. It was starting to get to where the min/max raider was feeling forced into DW if they wanted to maximise dps, whereas Blizz wants you to be competitive with whichever major spec you choose, just with different playstyles. They are not quite there yet for that goal, since 2H Blood probably still needs a little work if that remains their design philosophy.

Well thanks everyone for the Feedback, DK still feel strong and so forth and after seeing they made shadow of death and pera ghouls only 2 points( something i totally overlooked before) I think it even out a bit thought i do miss out dpsing people 5 lvls higher than me in instances.

An yeah i can see that being overpowered

sorry insan and bainz,

only using those for selected threads....

dont wanna overflood ppl with them.....

working on a pvp arena one....

Epic Disco. Enjoyable read ;D