Thread: Dr. Boom

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

  2. #2

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    you realize they make test dummys for that right

  3. #3

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    and do you also realize that lower level mobs are more susceptible to level 80 spells. if i recall correctly, you also have a higher crit rate vs lower level mobs depending on the level gap.

    edit: try that on a level 80 dummy and your dps will probably be more like 3000, try that on a boss and depending on hit, might be even lower. i couldnt see if you were using seed or not, if so then thats aoe dps, not single target.

  4. #4

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Do the same on heroic dummy and I'll go *ZOMG* on you.

  5. #5

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltman
    you realize they make test dummys for that right
    No shit? Kinda hard simulating a full fight on a test dummy, since you can't DS them... Unless you spend 1 hour on the heroic one, and I need 3% hit from SP or boomkin on that one to be hitcapped anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexion
    and do you also realize that lower level mobs are more susceptible to level 80 spells. if i recall correctly, you also have a higher crit rate vs lower level mobs depending on the level gap.
    You my friend, fail on every aspect of WoW mechanics.

  6. #6

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexion
    edit: try that on a level 80 dummy and your dps will probably be more like 3000, try that on a boss and depending on hit, might be even lower. i couldnt see if you were using seed or not, if so then thats aoe dps, not single target.
    Lol, you fail yet again. On bossfights I do 5000-5500 dps, that's not the point here... And no, I were not seeding ofc.

  7. #7

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexion
    you also have a higher crit rate vs lower level mobs depending on the level gap.

  8. #8

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by dyson
    Lol, you fail yet again. On bossfights I do 5000-5500 dps, that's not the point here... And no, I were not seeding ofc.
    yes thats 5-5.5k dps on a boss fully raid buffed and with blood lust. so go figure.

    as far as you saying that i fail at all aspects of wow, when i attack a lower level mob(edit: as a melee class), lets say a 55 dummy, my crit rate is alot higher than when i attack a level 80 boss and am hit capped. im pretty sure there is a very similar mechanic for casters(havent played any of mine in a minute). i can show numbers if need be. wowwiki.com is your friend though

  9. #9

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexion
    yes thats 5-5.5k dps on a boss fully raid buffed and with blood lust. so go figure.

    as far as you saying that i fail at all aspects of wow, when i attack a lower level mob, lets say a 55 dummy, my crit rate is alot higher than when i attack a level 80 boss and am hit capped. i can show numbers if need be. wowwiki.com is your friend though
    What's your point exactly? All this video shows is the solo dps of an unbuffed affliction warlock, nothing more nothing less. This can not be simulated on a dummy for obvious reasons.

    And what the hell are you on about with the crit? The ONLY two things that affect your critrating is resilience and certain talents. Dr. Boom has neither, nor does the dummies. Crits are RNG, you may do a whole bossfight with no crits, or you may crit 60%. As for the fight in the video, I had about 23% crit, which is right on par with my gear.

    Edit: If you didn't notice(!), I'm a caster, I'm not talking about melee crits.

  10. #10

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    your point here would be? i hit 3.7k dps on the heroic training dummy. self buffed fg+emberstorm specced. can i prove it? nope but i don't care if you believe me or not because i know its true. so again what is the point of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

  11. #11

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    your point here would be? i hit 3.7k dps on the heroic training dummy. self buffed fg+emberstorm specced. can i prove it? nope but i don't care if you believe me or not because i know its true. so again what is the point of this?
    Did the same as Affliction, without using DS that is, with a puppy as pet.

    This thread is pointless

  12. #12
    Reactor
    Guest

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexion
    wowwiki.com is your friend though
    LOL

  13. #13

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    any dps test/show off that is not done on a heroic dummy is utterly pointless (hit rating makes big difference, for one). doing 4k on a lvl 70 mob as aff really isnt special.

  14. #14

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Obviously the only reason he made this video is to show he won RNG at oracle eggs.

  15. #15

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by cestrs
    any dps test/show off that is not done on a heroic dummy is utterly pointless (hit rating makes big difference, for one). doing 4k on a lvl 70 mob as aff really isnt special.
    It's "utterly pointless" to do dps tests on a heroic dummy when you don't have the 3% hit from and SP/boomkin (since it's "utterly pointless" to get 17% hit in gear/talents), and even more so "utterly pointless" to test affliction DPS when you can't do it with DS.

    The hostility on this forum is magnificent! There is no more point to this video than to see how fast I could nuke down Dr. Boom.
    The reason I posted it, is that there are tons of threads regarding specs, rotations, addons, gear, dmg and dps. This video actually answers a lot of them.

  16. #16

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew
    Obviously the only reason he made this video is to show he won RNG at oracle eggs.
    OK, I gotta give you credit for that one ;D

  17. #17

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Dummies are bugged for affliction so they're useless.
    Raids will have you totally buffed.

    Dr Boom is currently the best test dummy for affliction dps.

    Other than that, what's the addon you use for the cooldown of haunt?

  18. #18

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    you have a higher crit chance vs lower lvl mobs

  19. #19

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    Dummies are bugged for affliction so they're useless.
    Raids will have you totally buffed.

    Dr Boom is currently the best test dummy for affliction dps.

    Other than that, what's the addon you use for the cooldown of haunt?
    Finally someone with a brain, thank you!

    The addon for CD's and dots is ForteXorcist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warthor
    you have a higher crit chance vs lower lvl mobs
    Oh God, here we go again. Warlock is not a melee class... The only reason melee has higher crit chance vs lower levels is because of weapon skill vs defense. Guess what, that doesn't affect magic damage at all. And besides, as stated earlier, the critrate was perfectly normal at 23%.

  20. #20

    Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

    Quote Originally Posted by dyson
    Oh God, here we go again. Warlock is not a melee class... The only reason melee has higher crit chance vs lower levels is because of weapon skill vs defense. Guess what, that doesn't affect magic damage at all. And besides, as stated earlier, the critrate was perfectly normal at 23%.
    Wrong! There's clear evidence of crit depression against +3lvl targets, in the range of 10-15% off expected (i.e. from 30% on bosses to 27%). It gets ignored a lot, but it's still there. Likewise, at least with certain spells, there's evidence of higher crit chance against lower-levels. It's the caster version of glancing blows, but not usually noticeable off the background noise in a fight until you're working with data samples significantly longer than a boss fight.
    EDIT: I guess it's accepted that it's not 10% but just a straight -3% against boss-level mobs. Must have been some testing I missed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •