Thread: Dr. Boom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: *VIDEO* Affliction Warlock vs. Dr. Boom 4000 DPS+

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Wrong! There's clear evidence of crit depression against +3lvl targets, in the range of 10-15% off expected (i.e. from 30% on bosses to 27%). It gets ignored a lot, but it's still there. Likewise, at least with certain spells, there's evidence of higher crit chance against lower-levels. It's the caster version of glancing blows, but not usually noticeable off the background noise in a fight until you're working with data samples significantly longer than a boss fight.
    Certain spells? Lol... You're on thin ice here. Show me that clear evidence. Crit is RNG, you need HUGE amounts of data to make an accurate estimate. And none of the WWS's I've looked at suggest the critrate to be any lower than my gear, talents, buffs and debuffs suggest. There is nothing in the game mechanics of WoW that suggest a different spell crit rating based on mob level. The only thing that's different from a low level mob and a boss (assuming you are hitcapped) is the ~5% level based spell mitigation on the boss, but that does not affect crits.

-Lower lv mob
    -no movement involved
    -improved stats, no hit gear required

Deleted

I think its time people leave Dr. Boom alone stop ganking the lowbie!

Im not picking sides here because i dont know myself but why are target dummies worse for afflication, i didnt completly understand the shortened words etc (Dont play a warlock as a main)

Just interested

Record your patchwerk next week and post it ill be interested to see what afflication is like in raids (and how to play it properly )

Quote Originally Posted by svstoned
    -Lower lv mob
    -no movement involved
    -improved stats, no hit gear required
    Did you see the white text on the start? This is done this with in full raidgear and 14% hit (i.e. hitcapped in raids). And what's your point exactly, you're stating the obvious here. This is just a dps test, not a simualtion of Sartharion with 3 drakes...

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    Im not picking sides here because i dont know myself but why are target dummies worse for afflication, i didnt completly understand the shortened words etc (Dont play a warlock as a main)

Just interested

Record your patchwerk next week and post it ill be interested to see what afflication is like in raids (and how to play it properly )
    Dummies are no good for affliction for several reasons. Pandemic (dot "crits") bugs on the normal dummies with 1 hp (it only does 1 dmg), siphon life don't do any healing, and you never get the benfit of death's embrace (increased damage on mobs with lower than 35% hp) or drain soul, which does insane damage on mobs below 25% hp. As for the heroic one, it has so much hp that it would take 40-50 minutes to nuke it from 100% to 0%, and without doing that the dps wont be correct for the same reasons as above (drain soul and death's embrace).

Dr. Boom is a much better test since he always got the same hp, you can nuke him from 100%-0% and you eliminate the hit factor (since I'm hitcapped in raids anyway). I want to know the full potential of the spec, executed perfectly, not what it does under this and that circumstance.

I'll maybe record the Patchwerk next week, alltought I'll probably be cheating with the Doomguard ;D

ur so bad

Quote Originally Posted by dyson
    Certain spells? Lol... You're on thin ice here. Show me that clear evidence. Crit is RNG, you need HUGE amounts of data to make an accurate estimate. And none of the WWS's I've looked at suggest the critrate to be any lower than my gear, talents, buffs and debuffs suggest. There is nothing in the game mechanics of WoW that suggest a different spell crit rating based on mob level. The only thing that's different from a low level mob and a boss (assuming you are hitcapped) is the ~5% level based spell mitigation on the boss, but that does not affect crits.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t15806-q...ystem_casters/
    If you look enough, you'll find several very prominent members of the mage theorycraft constantly assume a 3% crit depression, though I haven't actually been able to find where they got the 3% number. I never got around to doing my 20000-hit mage trial to determine 1-roll versus 2-roll and how much crit depression had at +3lvls, I might try getting around to leveling my mage and doing that soon. I was unable to re-find a test that showed Ice Lance critting more crit than expected a low-level target, which shows that crit rating is increased against lower-level targets.

EDIT: A, not *the,* ice lance post concerning inflated crit rates versus lower-level targets. Observed +7% crit versus a target vastly below the caster. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...icId=108219860

Re: Dr. Boom

Just to throw this in...when you are are fighting higher level mobs than yourself..they do mitigate damage regardless of your spell hit..thus when fighting lower level mobs..they do not mitigate damages...I hope that clears up some points on level of mob.