Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lock PVP after 3.0.8?

Any feedback yet?

I seem to be dying a bit faster now against huntards and DKs.

Demon Armor - as predicted - is worthless.. yeah we get a bit of extra armor but the lack of spell power from Fel Armor just drags the fight out longer with the same result - we lose. I guess at least now we have a chance to go oom.

Not a QQ - just sharing experiences. Chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Re: Lock PVP after 3.0.8?

Good part - I'm approaching 1000 resilience

Bad part -still die in 4 seconds

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HavocLock
    Any feedback yet?

I seem to be dying a bit faster now against huntards and DKs.

Demon Armor - as predicted - is worthless.. yeah we get a bit of extra armor but the lack of spell power from Fel Armor just drags the fight out longer with the same result - we lose. I guess at least now we have a chance to go oom.

Not a QQ - just sharing experiences. Chime in.

Well thing about hunters is now almost 90% of them are MM and SV witch hits a lot harder in the terms of "Burst damage" then BM ever did.. Sure we were immune to fear as BM but it only takes me about a few seconds to clip 10-15k damage as MM/SV then i get feared wait 4 seconds break fear with trinkets then finish you off with another hail of arrows.

Another thing to keep in Mind that a lot of the SV/MM builds pick up Aimed Shot were NONE of the popular BM specs had Aimed Shot, witch nerfs the hell out of all your healing abilities.

Remember the Old adage? "Watch what you wish for you might just get it."
    Warlocks and other classes QQ'ed about BM Spec and Bestial Wrath being immune to CC and they nerfed it, funny thing is they over all made hunters deadlier in PvP and now you got something new to QQ about. You should have left BM alone it was a gimp PvP spec but a high end PvE spec. Well live and learn right ?

As for DK's they no idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

If only retard BLZ could let locks detarget when using cirlce. Not only is hunterpets faster and hit like hell, once you teleport it just shoots after you and the use of the circle is pretty much pointless in terms of utility vs hunters.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I do seem to be lasting a bit longer against rogues - not much but enough to survive CoS and a stun or two.

I agree with the hunters - we helped push them into a better pvp spec. Just need a bit more pvp balancing and it should be better.
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    If only retard BLZ could let locks detarget when using cirlce. Not only is hunterpets faster and hit like hell, once you teleport it just shoots after you and the use of the circle is pretty much pointless in terms of utility vs hunters.
    Its not vanish/invis ability, it works on the same principle as "Blink" and "Shadow Step"

Pro-Tip: Telaport behind the hunter they wont turn and shoot automatically same with any caster for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocLock
    I do seem to be lasting a bit longer against rogues - not much but enough to survive CoS and a stun or two.

I agree with the hunters - we helped push them into a better pvp spec. Just need a bit more pvp balancing and it should be better.
    The the only thing that will help with hunters at this point is Resil (to push crits off some) and HP, Armor wont help at all since Both MM and SV relies on Chim Shot (Nature Damage) or Explosive Shot(Fire Damage) and Arcane Shot(Arcane Damage) if there is a talent to reduse Magic Damage you might consider it but armor is pretty pointless since the hunters weakest 2 shots anymore are Physical (Aimed/Steady)

Go Blizzard for giving one of the strongest ranged class almost 100% Armor penetration ?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Its not vanish/invis ability, it works on the same principle as "Blink" and "Shadow Step"

Pro-Tip: Telaport behind the hunter they wont turn and shoot automatically same with any caster for that matter.

The the only thing that will help with hunters at this point is Resil (to push crits off some) and HP, Armor wont help at all since Both MM and SV relies on Chim Shot (Nature Damage) or Explosive Shot(Fire Damage) and Arcane Shot(Arcane Damage) if there is a talent to reduse Magic Damage you might consider it but armor is pretty pointless since the hunters weakest 2 shots anymore are Physical (Aimed/Steady)

Go Blizzard for giving one of the strongest ranged class almost 100% Armor penetration ?
    Yea I can always manuever so the teleport ends up behind the hunter, especially in Arena *doh*
    "Hi mr Hunter, would it be too much trouble if I could just walk past you and place a circle behind you before we start? K, thank you very much"
    Btw, its the pet that the detarget is for.
    So if the class that both players and BLZ agree is the most broken this "rule" must apply or? *doh #2*

Pro-Tip *doh*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'm at 23000hp with 800 resil.. not gonna get too much better short of arena gear and thats pretty much impossible for now.
    Nerf teabagging!

Oh no... one of you abilities is near useless vs. a specific class. That's strange a lot of mine are too......
    *shrug*

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ3ster
    Oh no... one of you abilities is near useless vs. a specific class. That's strange a lot of mine are too......
    *shrug*
    So are some of mine :P

Im not arguing the ability viability or usage i was pointing out that the mechanic was based on the same principle, thus it is expected by players and Blizzard to behave a certain way.

As for a deaggro for the hunter pet, sure fine put it in I will even support it. But it would not help at all since the pet would turn and attack as soon as the next shot is fired. *doh?*

Well since the change of Glyph of Conflagrate ive seen my survival go up. The Fel Hunter glyph is also a big help. I am able to last a lot longer vs every class.

So try out destruction if you haven't since patch.

the increased pet health is nice, they now have to actually try and control my druid when they want to kill my pet
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

15+ Year Old Account

Making demonic circle break stuns undoubtfully bring a huge risk for inbalance.

What can be done that wont are:
    * Castable on the move
    * Nonvisilble for the opposing players
    * Detarget the lock

Those 3 things would fix the two mainissues with demon circle. Being 95% defensive spell (no offense use, limits fun and playstyle) and actually work as a lifesaver as intended.
    I agree with BLZ that Demonic Circle will fix alot, but they need to go all the way with its utility. At the moment its a uncut diamond with limited use, most due to precast demanding that we stand still.

Edit:
    *shrug*
    Cos very few classes suffers as much as locks vs hunters. Thats why. We have cloth (0% with their penetration), can't IB or Blink on demand. No class should be able to dominate another without breakign a sweat. Having a rough time vs some, sure but not get steamrolled.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Edit:Cos very few classes suffers as much as locks vs hunters. Thats why. We have cloth (0% with their penetration), can't IB or Blink on demand. No class should be able to dominate another without breakign a sweat. Having a rough time vs some, sure but not get steamrolled.
    Kind of like Warlocks did Pre-Wrath ? Warlocks were King of PvP thou all of BC no class had a hope at killing you 1v1, now most every class can kill a warlock and some class/spec combos have a advantage over you. Hummm... sounds pretty balanced to me. Warrior/Pal/DK/Rogues/Sham pretty much dominate hunters we live with it. If you do decent vs 7-8 of the 10 classes you may wanna accept that there are classes you will have problems with and avoid fights with them were your at a disadvantage.

Your class needs some help but i think Blizzard is taking it slow because they don't want the godlike warlocks of pre-wrath to return. Welcome to the world of the hunter, Pre-BC we were gods of PvP, and have suffered ever since, only recently reached a point that hunters are semi-decent again in PvP still need help vs Melee. If they go as slow with you guys as they did with us you should be close to balanced in about 12-16 months.

15+ Year Old Account

I dont like to compare with other seasons op/non-op classes cos its pointless. I never embrace the idea that many seem to have "this and that class were op last time and deserver to suck".
    Not at all saying you belong to them but in general too many ppl reason like that.

I also believe that BLZ always work to make it balance but that still doesn't justify BLZ retardedly long responsetime to things they themselves regard as broken. Like burst atm.
    BLZ limit themselves by being to afraid to change stuff without 3 months of testing.
    Now that PvP is fucked up, what's the harm with making changes that are less tested, lets say a month. I mean, can Arena get more fucked that it already is? No it cant and for that I rly disslike BLZ's philosophy regarding changes.

The only outcome of this is that its balanced to being playable for all classes around May-June and that will end up with the fixed burst classes continue to semiown cos they got full deadlygear compared to the broken classes and warlocks and such will find it very hard to find a partner among specific classes cos they already enjoy a wellgeared and wellsynched team with the currently op classes.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I dont like to compare with other seasons op/non-op classes cos its pointless. I never embrace the idea that many seem to have "this and that class were op last time and deserver to suck".
    Not at all saying you belong to them but in general too many ppl reason like that.

I also believe that BLZ always work to make it balance but that still doesn't justify BLZ retardedly long responsetime to things they themselves regard as broken. Like burst atm.
    BLZ limit themselves by being to afraid to change stuff without 3 months of testing.
    Now that PvP is fucked up, what's the harm with making changes that are less tested, lets say a month. I mean, can Arena get more fucked that it already is? No it cant and for that I rly disslike BLZ's philosophy regarding changes.

The only outcome of this is that its balanced to being playable for all classes around May-June and that will end up with the fixed burst classes continue to semiown cos they got full deadlygear compared to the broken classes and warlocks and such will find it very hard to find a partner among specific classes cos they already enjoy a wellgeared and wellsynched team with the currently op classes.
    I agree warlocks need to be fixed, how that should be done, i don't know. I am leery of suggesting Nerfs/Buffs based on a admittedly broken system.

I don't think that any class should be overpowered, and i don't agree that any class should be underpowered because at some point in the past they were overpowered. But you have to give people time to try to work out bugs, warlocks had a hell of a free ride in BC and now have to work hard. The reason warlocks are in such a bad position now is the fact that previously warlock survivability was way to high, and it would make sense that Blizzard is going slow and be cautious with giving Warlocks to many survivability tools.

As for Blizzard taking to long, it has taken them years of work on some classes so don't expect thing to get fixed quickly. If your not in it for the "long haul" then you should start leveling your next toon.

More importantly what is overpowered? For the general conotation that warlocks were overpowered in BC people seem to be unaware that warlocks had a 10% representation in arenas which was BELOW AVERAGE.

Now that warlocks make up 1% of 2000+ teams (not exagerrating) it's "you're fine L2P".

Warlocks will always be considered overpowered as long as they make up more than 1% of arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Kind of like Warlocks did Pre-Wrath ? Warlocks were King of PvP thou all of BC no class had a hope at killing you 1v1, now most every class can kill a warlock and some class/spec combos have a advantage over you. Hummm... sounds pretty balanced to me. Warrior/Pal/DK/Rogues/Sham pretty much dominate hunters we live with it. If you do decent vs 7-8 of the 10 classes you may wanna accept that there are classes you will have problems with and avoid fights with them were your at a disadvantage.

Your class needs some help but i think Blizzard is taking it slow because they don't want the godlike warlocks of pre-wrath to return. Welcome to the world of the hunter, Pre-BC we were gods of PvP, and have suffered ever since, only recently reached a point that hunters are semi-decent again in PvP still need help vs Melee. If they go as slow with you guys as they did with us you should be close to balanced in about 12-16 months.
    Are you fucking serious? Warlocks were only OP for like 1 season, and even then Rogues, Warriors and to some agree Hunters still ate us yet they never get nerfed hard. The only reason we did well beyond that is because of the synergy with Resto Druids, completely different story with a Resto Shama/Holy Priest.

Its because of clowns like you the class is bad as it is, leave our class alone I am so sick of this shit all the time. No there is no justification for Warlocks being this bad because of 1 season, Rogues dominated S2 and are still dominating to this day... that you see if blatantly unfair.

seriously, all i ever hear anymore is that locks we soo amazing all throught BC cause they were the Gods of 1v1 PVP!!!11 Arenas and BG's are not 1v1 and blizz "doesnt balance around 1v1"

why does everyone always forget mage/rog, rog/priest, druid/war!! dru/rog, R/M/P, W/D/R, Rog/Rog/Druid, and dont get me started on 5v5.

Top classes in s4?
    1.Druid
    2.Warrior
    3.Rogue
    4.Mage
    5.Lock

and none of that l2p crap. like the best warlocks in the world that get into sk100 need to l2p.

new changes are ok, but without fel armor i dont think we can compete with the dmg of other classes. id love to have old felarmor and stam back. i think that would go a long way.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If there was no justification for it then why did blizzard come down so hard on warlocks? And your claims that Warriors/Rogues/Hunters dominated you there is more speculation then anything, any real PvP speced warlock would eat any of those classes for breakfast and still have room for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    Are you fucking serious? Warlocks were only OP for like 1 season, and even then Rogues, Warriors and to some agree Hunters still ate us yet they never get nerfed hard. The only reason we did well beyond that is because of the synergy with Resto Druids, completely different story with a Resto Shama/Holy Priest.

Its because of clowns like you the class is bad as it is, leave our class alone I am so sick of this shit all the time. No there is no justification for Warlocks being this bad because of 1 season, Rogues dominated S2 and are still dominating to this day... that you see if blatantly unfair.
    First off to claim the warlocks were not overpowered in BC compared to any other class is being blind, and second of all to claim that other classes such as rogues, or Hunters, Warriors for that matter were better then you is just an outright fabrication. Maybe just as effective but none of them were heads and shoulders above the others.

http://vhairi.blogspot.com

Maybe YOU got your ass kicked by Hunters/Warrior/Rogues but the statistics paint a vary different picture. If you go over all the Data on Vhairi's website you will see at no point in S2-S4 did warlocks ever get dominated by any other class some classes did well against you (Warrior/Rogues). And in fact one of the classes you brought up "Hunters" never were really viable at all in any of the seasons that you were being "eaten". Season 1 is general considered a "throw away" season since there was a number of changes that went in to effect afterward, Burst Damage was a major problem and Win Trading was just horrible in S1-2.

This isn't a discussion about the arena this is about warlock PvP viability in general, some classes do better in BG wile other do better in the Arena. Even Warlocks will tell you that SL/SL was overpowered and made PvP no fun, your obviously not one of them your entitled to your openion but if you are going to claim that Warlocks were not to good you need to bring up evidence to back up your claim.