Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock's Raid Relevance

I was reading yet another thread on the warlock wow forum explaining how affliction warlocks are the only true mensch and everybody else is an unskilled noob & affliction is always the best spec.

To press the point someone posted this link: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/wrl/6/0

Well as for me this proves the opposite.
    There are indeed fights where demo or destruction fare better than affliction such as Gothik & Faerlina.

In addition what is even more interesting is the comparison with all classes.

It shows that:

- the dps difference between affliction/demo/destru is minimal as compared to the difference between the top ranked class and the locks.
    For example for Loatheb the affliction does 73% of the damage of the warrior, and the demo 71%.

- Warlocks do not make it to the top 10 in 9 out of 16 bosses and barely make it 10th one time and 9th one time.
    Can we still say consider warlocks a dps class? As for me we'd better enjoy being taken to raids while we can.

Reactor

Re: Warlock's Raid Relevance

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni
    - Warlocks do not make it to the top 10 in 9 out of 16 bosses and barely make it 10th one time and 9th one time.
    Can we still say consider warlocks a dps class? As for me we'd better enjoy being taken to raids while we can.
    Are you trying to make a joke? Because if so, I don't get it.

Deleted

I created an account just because of this topic...
    The answer to your "warlock DPS isn't top 5 like every time" is learn 2 play? I mean, come onnnnnnnnn....

I pull a 4.5k dps on Patchwerk with this; http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...rollbane&n=Emy
    Affliction specced, now, where it's not top, it's pretty okay and top 5 dps.

Reactor

Quote Originally Posted by Emy
    learn 2 play
    ^ This.

Don't believe every stupid article you see online. Warlocks are still a force to be reckoned with, no matter which tree you spec into.

Warlocks can be considered as a DPS class, cause they are it. I'm always in top 3 of my raids with my dps and I'm not even used to play affliction.

There are so much things you can read on the internet, not everything is true.

I hit 4.9k dps on Patchwerk the other day (not my greatest on that fight), but I still was something like 9th highest dpser. Which does make me kinda sad I guess. Got beat by various classes.

Altho, top in our guild on virtually every fight is an Afflic lock. I'll probably spec back Afflic soon, just testing out new conflag gylphs.
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

Warlocks are fine right now in PvE(at least on boss fights).
    People saying the opposite just don't know what they are talking about or are bad players.
    Of course, you won't deal any Dmg as a former 1-Button-Destro-Lock in BC unwilling to push some more buttons in order to deal Dmg.
    Warlock is a little bit more complex than other Dps classes maybe, but if you know how to handle it, you can deal much more Dmg than
    other classes. My Dps on Patchwerk is 4-5k and on Thaddius I sometimes scratch the 7k mark from below(depending on server lag).

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron
    Warlocks are fine right now in PvE(at least on boss fights).
    People saying the opposite just don't know what they are talking about or are bad players.
    Of course, you won't deal any Dmg as a former 1-Button-Destro-Lock in BC unwilling to push some more buttons in order to deal Dmg.
    Warlock is a little bit more complex than other Dps classes maybe, but if you know how to handle it, you can deal much more Dmg than
    other classes. My Dps on Patchwerk is 4-5k and on Thaddius I sometimes scratch the 7k mark from below(depending on server lag).

Not saying they aint fine, but like I said, I was 5k dps on patch, and 9th best. Thats kinda bad when hybrids beat you :P In equal gear and skill.
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

I raid felguard/fire and ive been getting in top3 a lot, especailly since last patch.

I manage to pull just about 3.5k dps on movement fights, and hit 4.3k on patchwerk.

In terms of damage, i think blizzard intend to boost demonology next patch to make it competive with affliction (i dont think it needs it, but im not complaining), if thats anything subsantial i have no reason to moan.

I see the reason you think warlocks are useless, we provide less damage than equally geared alternatives, and our debuffs and buffs dont stack with anything. Im especially worried about dual spec, once that hits, why theyd want a pure DPS class that does medoicre damage over a shammy who can spec dependent on whats needed for the fight, i dont know.

But yeh, atm, happy raider here (even more happy if demo gets some love <3 )

In my guild (sarth+3 long ago down) as a warlock i'm always in top5 dpsers, total damage in instance is always 1st, 3-4 first places on bosses in naxx 25.

Patchwerk dps is about 5400 (affliction).

5-51-15 is also good, and next raid will try 0-41-30. Everything seems fine to me.
    Hear this voice from deep inside
    It’s the call of your heart
    Close your eyes and you will find
    Passage out of the dark (C)

Just rolled afflicion from destruction, and when u get the right rotation+glyphs u can
    do idd insane damage, i manage to put out 500 more dps then i did average on destro

So its partely true, but when u do sarth 3d it is a bit of a problem and the rotation can
    get very chaotic with all encounters arround u, but for naxx or even maly it works perfect
    EverQuest (2000-2002)
    Lineage 2 (2004-2007)
    World of Warcraft (2005-Present)
    Age of Conan (2008-2009)
    AION (2009 - 3m)

i dont understand how some of you locks are so low on dps

im pulling 6k+ on patchwerk and i still need a few best in slot upgrades

i top every boss fight but gothik, and thaddius cause of our op warrior

affliction is my dps spec of choice with immo/agony/sl glyphs and 56/0/15 spec

its all in rotation and not clipping dots. some ui mods help a lot with this but
    mainly its just learning the class and how to push the most out of it

Ok, I don't know why everyone is always freaking out that their DPS isn't as high as everyone elses... If you're pulling atleast 4-5 maybe 6k who cares what place you are at?? It helps the raid, end of story. It's not always about yourself, its about everyone else.

I think probably, except for a few fights, the sad part is you can beat any WTLK encounter if all of your dps just averages 2500. From what I'm seeing on fights, locks are usually up top , mixed with a good warrior, mage, or rogue(even though they are supposed to be low pve dmg), and occasionally some shammy comes out of no where n lays down the smack. Oh, and lets have a moment of silence for the departed Hunter top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    I think probably, except for a few fights, the sad part is you can beat any WTLK encounter if all of your dps just averages 2500. From what I'm seeing on fights, locks are usually up top , mixed with a good warrior, mage, or rogue(even though they are supposed to be low pve dmg), and occasionally some shammy comes out of no where n lays down the smack. Oh, and lets have a moment of silence for the departed Hunter top dps.
    GL on Sarth3D with an average of 2.5k dps

Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo
    i dont understand how some of you locks are so low on dps

im pulling 6k+ on patchwerk and i still need a few best in slot upgrades

i top every boss fight but gothik, and thaddius cause of our op warrior

affliction is my dps spec of choice with immo/agony/sl glyphs and 56/0/15 spec

its all in rotation and not clipping dots. some ui mods help a lot with this but
    mainly its just learning the class and how to push the most out of it
    WWS pls
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

I wanted to go for 6k this week myself, but with 2 second lag it ended up 3.5k dps. -_-

i would take a lock in a raid any time.....SS is just to good to pass :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emy
    I created an account just because of this topic...
    The answer to your "warlock DPS isn't top 5 like every time" is learn 2 play? I mean, come onnnnnnnnn....

I pull a 4.5k dps on Patchwerk with this; http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...rollbane&n=Emy
    Affliction specced, now, where it's not top, it's pretty okay and top 5 dps.
    I can understand both sides of this argeument..

saying "look at my patchwork DPS / threat / healing" = meaningless

anyone can sit still for 3-4 mins and spam a rotation; hell patch work is just like a trianing dummy in Ironforge. Having said that comments like "L2play" can be valid, but are there any stat links? Atleast someone mentioned WWS.

Warlocks affliction is harder to maintain as there are more dots than there use to be, and numerous boss now require you to actualy think and move (Unlike patchwork who drops epics like a broken candy machine)

voodoo is correct though, you should be less worried about your "rank" on the DPS chart and be more worried with your actual DPS. IF the raid leader takes 0 warlocks because 4 mages are better DPS because of thier class, well your RL is retarded. If your getting subbed over another warlock, then think about it and see what they are doing that your not. At the end of the day, warlocks have changed but no tthat much. It is normaly the players who change, that cry OP and blame thier class..

As the old saying goes, a bad workman will always blame is his tools for he is one himself.

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Oh, and lets have a moment of silence for the departed Hunter top dps.
    21 one steady shot salute. aka the entire hunter dps rotation pre-nerf.