Thread: Gurubashi Arena

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gurubashi Arena

It says Wrath of the Lich King because it was during the WLK presentation they went over the Catacombs and why they never implemented it.

It is highly, highly unlikely that the catacombs will EVER be implemented in any similarity to their internal death-match development. Content like this gets developed and scrapped all the time, so just because they have this partial map layout and had at one time a system for how the battleground would play out doesn't mean there is any inclination to actually release it.

Some things just get phased out as WoW progresses. The Gurubashi arena is probably one of those things.

myeh you're probably right there Brasko, but seeing blizz reusing trolls in every expansion, i still have high hopes for them revamping gurubashi arena into something wonderful and sincerely hope blizz rediscovers it's once mastered creativity.

Does any1 have thoughts about Azshara crater being used in an upcoming expansion ? ( Mealstrom )
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Azshara_Crater

Any other opinions about whats to become of Gurubashi and revamping old world or canceled content ?

Reminds me of that goblin race track.. where was that already..
    A carmaggedon-destroyable-vehicule-race with healing/dpsing the vehicle..

15+ Year Old Account

The bet thing is possible.....if it's a 1g maximum bid and on a "daily" quest thing :P

Deleted

make it non aggroble mobs like there was in MgT

About "Any other opinions about whats to become of Gurubashi and revamping old world or canceled content?"

I still love the Gurubashi arena and still go there sometimes(not for ganking, trust me)

I would like to see the Gurubashi arena being "ressurected", maybe somewhere in northrend?
    It would have the same concept, open the chest, only this time it will hold level 80 loot(not too good obviously), maybe some gold and once again an item that you have to collect 12 of to obtain a trinket with the same function as the last one, only updated. Instead of shielding yourself for 1k dmg it could shield you for, 4k?

I belive that most people go there because it´s fun in itself having some almost outdoor pvp feeling, and not for the items, that would just be something that causes people to actually be drawn to the same place at the same time for battle.

The arena could be placed in like, Sholozar for example? This time it would be a new arena with some fashion and a red inviting carpet.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

I would love a revamp of world pvp. Raiding X-roads and Tarren Mill again would be fun. Get some sort of objective there, or make it a daily world PvP or somewhat.

Personally, i liked everything about the original WoW much, much, much better. I think that the gurubashi arena should be amped to make it sort of a raid encounter pvp area where teams are put into the battle as sort of a tournament thing. Two teams will start off going for the treasure and the other team will do the same thing. as winners start to climb the tournament ladder they would face the other winning team and fight for a better treasure, such as a gladiator's piece or maybe some honor points tokens. I think that would make me want to gurubashi again.

BTW< does any1 even still go to the gurubashi? i know some were still there in TBC because i was leveling my warlock and i stopped by a few times.
    FALCON PUNCH!!!

I think a lot of people like this idea just because it would add more to the <60 content. Personally, I would love to see a mid-level murloc dungeon or something, but I don't think that will ever happen. Otherwise, I don't think changing the Guru arena is the way to go, there are plenty of empty areas to add something without removing one of the only FFA arenas in the game.

...And if you're looking for an arena-like PvE encounter, there are rumors of one in 3.1.0 in Ulduar...

It´s sad that people needs to get something in order to do something that they enjoy in the game
    Ofcourse this doesn´t apply to everyone, but thats quite common.

I was thinking about this revamp of world pvp, and I have a few ideas tbh. First of all more daily pvp quests for world pvp, and one of them could simply be: Kill 20 people in [random zone] (and they need to be at the same level, otherwise it wont count in the quest). This could be anywhere, everyone would ofcourse get the same zone. In azeroth, northrend, or outlands.

I was aswell thinking about a tabard that you somehow should be able to get, something like "Tabard of the slayer" or whatever, quite a silly name I guess But anyway, this tabard should give you this equip: Increases the honor gained from killing other players at your level x5 in any outdoor zone.

Aswell this equip could grant you a special token when you kill someone outdoor(not in a bg!) Like, Badge of honor, or something. These tokens could be required for buying a special set of gear, metagems, or just turning them in for more honor. Just an idea about causing people to get out of the bgs.
    - Lightdoom

gurubashi remake in northrend would be awesome imo, perhaps add a 15 minute timer in the zone where it's gonna be planted so ppl know the chest is going to spawn, mass world pvp inc ?

Yeah I´m pretty sure that the majority of people would love it, unless it would create lots of lagg just like wintergrasp. Thats possible to solve though I guess. Indeed a lot of people would like to go to this arena ever third hour (imo). This arena should be atleast twice as large with as earlier mentioned some glamour, maybe some pillar or a bridge (blades edge bridge) since that´s in a lot of peoples perspective creates a larger skill amount.

Would be fun if this arena possebly could appeal people to come there and as you said for example "bet", or farm honor in some way there in small groups.

Maybe some sort of system in a look-alike arena were you could sign up to play a battle against another team down there, the sign would cost lets say 20gold or more /each player, then the battle would start and the teams would be the only ones able to enter in some sort of way. Others as you mentioned could bet on a team, and the winner team gets the gold the other team used to sign up for + their own gold back. heh, just a crazy idea But would be fun and entertaining imo
    - Lightdoom