Herald of the Titans TheramoreIsTheBomb's Avatar

Add a "writing/fanfic" thread for all things not Warcraft for Offtopic.

As topic says.

"We are the Forsaken. We will slaughter anyone who stands in our way." Join the #BombSquad today.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    As topic says.
    I would support this, especially if we change it to just a writing / fanfiction / Prose section. Not really places here to share what you write though. As well, even the Warcraft thread of it is quickly forgotten - there is one.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Just because there isn't a cookie you like doesn't mean there is no cookies (Content discussion)
    Three expansions in dust; Cata: 1-2 hrs, MoP: 40-60 min, WoD: 60 min (own experience).

How about slash fic? I have this great Lorna Crowley/Chromie slash boiling inside me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How about slash fic? I have this great Lorna Crowley/Chromie slash boiling inside me.
    Wouldn't mind anything, except, maybe would say a no go for erotic, though, hehe.
    Just because there isn't a cookie you like doesn't mean there is no cookies (Content discussion)
    Three expansions in dust; Cata: 1-2 hrs, MoP: 40-60 min, WoD: 60 min (own experience).

Amazing idea. I just can't imagine what our community (especially at lore section) would cook up, if given a space to share their creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Amazing idea. I just can't imagine what our community (especially at lore section) would cook up, if given a space to share their creations.
    The lore section is sadly bound as well, but could be cool to see them being allowed to share theirs a bit better as well. I myself, got a good amount of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    As topic says.
    pretty sure the lore subsection is for that purpose....
    sin'dorei ride draenei mounts into battle.
    sin'dorei drink tea from only the finest draenei skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    pretty sure the lore subsection is for that purpose....
    But it isn't wide enough, lore section is just for one universe.

I would love a place here to see the work of others'. Fellow writers and lore nerds could also collaborate to keep the foundation of their fiction's fiction solid and therefore more enjoyably believable. Unless you want to do alternate timeline stuff, that's cool too.

I would think the Chat Zone would be ideal for this sort of thing. Could make either a general thread for all non-warcraft fanfic, or make threads for specific fandoms. That way people could share their stuff and have convos about various things pertaining to the topic but not have to stay strictly on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I would think the Chat Zone would be ideal for this sort of thing. Could make either a general thread for all non-warcraft fanfic, or make threads for specific fandoms. That way people could share their stuff and have convos about various things pertaining to the topic but not have to stay strictly on topic.
    Wouldn't that end up spamming the chat section? I mean, if each story needs a thread, and then a mega thread for general talk of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wouldn't that end up spamming the chat section? I mean, if each story needs a thread, and then a mega thread for general talk of it?
    Not each story. Each fandom. So like a thread for Dragon Age Fan Fic, a Thread for Pokemon Fanfic, etc. Or even just one thread for all non-warcraft fanfic would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not each story. Each fandom. So like a thread for Dragon Age Fan Fic, a Thread for Pokemon Fanfic, etc. Or even just one thread for all non-warcraft fanfic would work as well.
    Don't think a thread for all the fandoms alone, would have to be one for each realm.

I feel like (this is just an opinion, I promise) it would be so scarcely used, more of a niche thing. May be better to have a different existing forum for them to go into- I understand wanting it for better organization and things to not get lost, but I still think it would be one of the slowest sections with not very high demand for it's existence.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I feel like (this is just an opinion, I promise) it would be so scarcely used, more of a niche thing. May be better to have a different existing forum for them to go into- I understand wanting it for better organization and things to not get lost, but I still think it would be one of the slowest sections with not very high demand for it's existence.
    I know, Splenda. It is more of convenience, I know as we've talked about a while back as well. It would be awesome but wouldn't have enough people. One can dream, can we not?