Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just had an ad screaming a crappy Holiday jingle at me..but I couldn't do anything but reload the site, since it was magically invisible.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I was using Adblock plus and started to get ads on MMOC even with it enabled. Started to take forever for pages to load. Downloaded uBlock Origin and it's blocking them again. Site is once again usable!
    The ads only start loading after the page is loaded as far as I know. What exactly was taking forever to load? The page should load, then the ads start loading without impacting your usage of the page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The ads only start loading after the page is loaded as far as I know. What exactly was taking forever to load? The page should load, then the ads start loading without impacting your usage of the page.
    Idk. I wasn't able to click anything until the ads loaded. That is with chrome. MS Edge with only Adblock seems to work brilliantly. MMOC is extremely fast using it. (almost makes me gag to thing a MS browser is working better than Chrome or Firefox atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Idk. I wasn't able to click anything until the ads loaded. That is with chrome. MS Edge with only Adblock seems to work brilliantly. MMOC is extremely fast using it. (almost makes me gag to thing a MS browser is working better than Chrome or Firefox atm).
    Hm, so could you scroll during that time? The ads shouldn't stop you from clicking anything, but I'm not sure if they were or if that tab was hanging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, so could you scroll during that time? The ads shouldn't stop you from clicking anything, but I'm not sure if they were or if that tab was hanging.
    No, couldn't scroll either. So yeah, it may be an ad causing pages to hang. Edge is starting to grow on me a little now so I'm probably gonna stick with it for a bit. Everything loads so quick and feels smooth since I started using it. Chrome is working okay now that it's running uBlock Origin but MMOC still feels slightly slower than usual using it.

mmo-champion is one of my homepage tabs that opens every time I go there for the past like few weeks, it starts to download something from

Vap4iad3.lijit.com

tries to download containertag.js

anyone know what the fuck this is, its really annoying I always tell it to not download It, but it happens everytime.

Its happening on edge browser, and google chrome,

Just had an invisible ad talking about computers blaring in my ears..that was fun.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

This place alone has caused me to install multiple ad and popup blockers throughout my time coming here. It's ridiculous how intrusive the site can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as Fabled: Invisible ad starts blaring away without any way of stopping it except to close the tab. Can't have this open at work in that case. I don't as a rule mind ads but the auto-execute stuff keeps me away from a lot of sites.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Same as above. Invisible ad that starts playing audio. Sometimes take a minute or two before it starts on an already open page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holysack View Post
    Same as above. Invisible ad that starts playing audio. Sometimes take a minute or two before it starts on an already open page.
    Same

Disgusting.

They're Best Buy ads that seem to go nuts, I've seen them play in the bottom square primarily and 90% of the video is cut off (as if only the top left corner is being shown, for example). Next ad never appears afterwards either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just had a covergirl ad and now some other random ad playing with no visuals, just audio. It's really annoying and disruptive. I will NOT visit the site as long as these ads are playing.

Sorry about the audio ads, definitely not intended. Working on getting them removed.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-12-07 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an advert, but realted to videos. theres a video on the home page in one of the news posts that keeps auto playing when ever i reload the page, anyway i can stop this?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Not an advert, but realted to videos. theres a video on the home page in one of the news posts that keeps auto playing when ever i reload the page, anyway i can stop this?
    Definitely not intended. Is it the Artifact weapon trait stream? Do you have VideoDownloadHelper or some other extension installed that may be causing it?

Definitely not intended. Is it the Artifact weapon trait stream? Do you have VideoDownloadHelper or some other extension installed that may be causing it?
    I have no extensions and some twitch streams embedded in the front page seem to autoplay randomly (firefox)

Can you screen your ads better? Maybe work on a different system? I've had a consistently bad ad experience here for years so i have to keep adblock on 99.99% of the time. At best it's just intrusive or autoplay stuff, at worst malware.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah its that video! no the only extension i have installed on chrome is adblock and infinity tab. this is the first video thats ever auto played for me. its probably just chrome doing something wrong, probably nothing i can change :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    yeah its that video! no the only extension i have installed on chrome is adblock and infinity tab. this is the first video thats ever auto played for me. its probably just chrome doing something wrong, probably nothing i can change :P
    Does it happen every single page reload? If you disable those two extensions does it still happen? We have had a couple reports but I haven't been able to track down a common cause. They are specifically embedded with autoplay disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    I have no extensions and some twitch streams embedded in the front page seem to autoplay randomly (firefox)

Can you screen your ads better? Maybe work on a different system? I've had a consistently bad ad experience here for years so i have to keep adblock on 99.99% of the time. At best it's just intrusive or autoplay stuff, at worst malware.
    Adblock is an extension though? Unfortunately our ads come through many networks and are somewhat targeted, so there is no way we could manually check the tens of thousands of different ads that run. We do our best to remove any that are inappropriate or autoplay with sound, but that mostly relies on user reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it happen every single page reload? If you disable those two extensions does it still happen? We have had a couple reports but I haven't been able to track down a common cause. They are specifically embedded with autoplay disabled.

Adblock is an extension though? Unfortunately our ads come through many networks and are somewhat targeted, so there is no way we could manually check the tens of thousands of different ads that run. We do our best to remove any that are inappropriate or autoplay with sound, but that mostly relies on user reports.

not every page reload, maybe 25%
    dragonmaw - EU