Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Advertising - Reporting bad ads

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador
    Not sure if this really qualifies to be poster here or not but....
    On the twitter feed, There are these "sponsored tweets" that keep being posted that go to random crap. Is that intentional? It's led me to take it off my followed list.

https://twitter.com/MMOChampionNews It's the top one on that list (currently, until another actual news post gets made I guess) if anyone's curious what I'm talking about.
    We have a twitter account? o.o

Seems to be that way. If it's not really MMO Champ's that's a whole other problem that probably needs to be dealt with I would guess.

This has been happening with many of the ads that pop out (not popup) or rather resize larger. They have been shifting in front of the top left of the screen and blocking all the quick links so that every time you go to drag your mouse out to them it enlarges. It never happens to me with any of the ads that do not have a mouse over enlarge.

Ads are one thing, but once they start to interfere with browsing they just become obnoxious. Getting bigger when I mouse over them is a real pain. The banner even when in its normal spot is right under the logout link. It pops up every time one of the mouse over adds are there, and it does not go away until I click the part to put it back. This usually causes me to have to drag my mouse around the ad so that I end up not making the same mistake twice. When it is shifted over to the left I have to refresh the page just to click the few links it covers.

It not only happens on my computers but also at my library. IE explorer 7, 8, and Google Chrome. USA east coast. It can happen on the first page I load or the 100th.

Please do not allow this anymore or fix it if it is a bug. It is making your site unpleasant to visit.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I only see the MLG ad at the top next to the mmo logo, and the MLG ad down the left side, but those aren't really intrusive.

Guns don't kill people, Stobe Ads kills people by seizure.
    /shudder So... scarrrrryy....

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

<WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Received an injected ad while on the Blue Tracker.

Popupdialog advising need AV.

Upon 'x' out of popup; redirected to a website designed to look like a windows folder.

redirects to:

**************DO NOT FOLLOW THIS LINK***************************************
    Link removed

*intentionally broke the link. remove the --- after http://

15+ Year Old Account

Streetfighter ad on the main page is hovering over the topics. It is very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer
    Streetfighter ad on the main page is hovering over the topics. It is very annoying.
    Yeh I've been getting this too, perfectly covers up the Latest News/Latest Forum Posts bit.. and no close button, just a Rollover to Expand feature which makes it even worse :\

Very annoying ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

There's a Lloydstsb ad on the front page eating the news too.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS
    There's a Lloydstsb ad on the front page eating the news too.
    The lloyds TSB add seems to eat the news on Firefox but not on i.e.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't the current ads from "Game:Duell" fall under the category gambling? I think atleast the sidebar one does (€10 free!)

I dont have anything against gambling but they're just very annoying with the constant scrolling and blinking so I'll take any excuse to get them blocked :P

also Sony Ericcsons 'battle fingers' ad is quite annoying as it doubles in size on mouse-over

meh.. I guess I could give that noscript thing a try

10+ Year Old Account
    The battle fingers ad has been demolished, one way to make stuff die quicker is to post the source code of the ad here, so bibi or a mod can block it

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    <embed src="http://cdn-video.adconion.com/components/campaignloader/1.4/loader.swf" flashvars="cfghash=2e5e&amp;configcallback=amgCmpCfg_2e5e" bgcolor="#ffffff" quality="high" width="600" wmode="transparent" height="300" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Silly ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    its back D:

it's starting again

this time, I think it's coming from those payless shoe ads

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 11:58 AM ----------

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's from those damn shoe ads.

and it's REALLY annoying
    Last edited by User Name; 2010-08-05 at 05:50 PM.

Suggetion

Its tooo goood but I feeel its tooo improve now it is only my feel
    its goood also
    I dont have anything against gambling but they're just very annoying with the constant scrolling and blinking so I'll take any excuse to get them blocked :P

also Sony Ericcsons 'battle fingers' ad is quite annoying as it doubles in size on mouse-over

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else getting a really annoying add on the front page for something called "HUNTED"

It intends to have only user initiated audio, but will play about a half second before it cuts out.
    it is a flash banner add that covers the top of the site.

would this be grounds to e-mail you boub?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunataria View Post
    anyone else getting a really annoying add on the front page for something called "HUNTED"

It intends to have only user initiated audio, but will play about a half second before it cuts out.
    it is a flash banner add that covers the top of the site.

would this be grounds to e-mail you boub?
    I was just coming here to report the same ad. Covers the entire top banner and plays a trailer for that game. It isn't giving me a properties option when I right click it either to get the location. Url on taskbar on mouseover is pwn.curse.com although I could have sworn it said something different the first time I looked. Clicking on the banner leads to Gamestop.com if that helps at all.

Also this is like the first banner ad I have came across on MMO-C that I haven't been able to kill with ABP. Sadface.

Edit: No-scripting Adtechus.com killed the ad so I assume that is the source site.
    Last edited by conscript; 2010-08-16 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a ad covering the whole top of my banner type thing where it says "Welcome X, notification my profile ect" and i cannot click on any of them. I am using firefox and cant really tell what to do, is there a fix for this?