Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic disc priest

Hello everyone,

Wanted to ask if with around 1300 SP(self buffed) and around 580 mana regen(also self buffed) I could start doing some heroics, because in my realm it's really hard to get people to do normals anymore, and btw what are the "easiest" heroics in a priest POV?

TIA

Re: Heroic disc priest

I don't see how at 80 you only have 1300 sp...did you get improved inner fire? Improved prayer of spirit? are you in ALL greens? I don't think you can heal any heroics with stats like that unless dps can burn fast enough for you to spam cast everything and drink after every pull. Make sure your spec is appropriate and try to get crafted items to boost stats till you can get heroic gear.

So around what SP is needed for healing heroics?

3-400 more?

I can't remember but I think I had more in TBC...

I started with around 1500ish on the easier heroics (UK, Nexus)

Think I was 1500 SP, 19% crit, 400ish regen and 16k mana when I started and had no issues at all.

What are the rest of your stats besides SP and regen? (regen is probably the least required stat to do well in heroics as Disc btw).

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

631 mana regen, 13% crit and 15.8k mana pool.

Ok thanks all for the answers, gonna buy/craft more items and keep trying to get into normal instances.

You can easily heal most heroics, remember that holy gets 25% of their spirit as sp - hence why your sp seems that low.

From my own experience as a disc priest, Int/Sp > Mp5.
    Int is almost translated into pure mana regen as you get a percentage of your mana from Rapture. I've only got around 1600 sp in a mix of 25man and 10man gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    I don't see how at 80 you only have 1300 sp...did you get improved inner fire? Improved prayer of spirit? are you in ALL greens? I don't think you can heal any heroics with stats like that unless dps can burn fast enough for you to spam cast everything and drink after every pull. Make sure your spec is appropriate and try to get crafted items to boost stats till you can get heroic gear.
    Improved prayer of spirit? Lol.

I had 1300SP at 70 with middle content gear so kinda poor for 80.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    As disc?

The only people who played as disc in TBC were those who played in arena. And then it wasn't the stat to stack. It came after Res, Stam and Regen.

I'm aware of that, but obviously it would be alot easier to reach 1300sp as holy.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    1300 SP was like 2700 healing... t6 level, not "middle content"

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    1300 SP was like 2700 healing... t6 level, not "middle content"
    more like 2300 healing.

Indeed. T5/T6.

2k Healing was achievable by badge loot alone.

Honestly I think as disc with that amount of sp you will probally be ok for some heroics. Even more important than sp is confidence in what you are doing ;D

I started at 1380 SP (found it hard to replace my t6 garbage and spirit whore gear), and roughly 18% crit (22 with Renewed Hope )

Learn your abilities, which to use when (situational awareness is greater than any stat combination ever will be) and you'll pull through.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I started doing heroic with crap pvp gear ( savage set ), i had hard time.

Now i'm at 1600sp and 630 mp5, 10% crit. I can do all heroics with ease.

Maybe it's personnal but my favorite stat is the mana regen. Don't need lot of SP when you never run out of mana on bosses ( shadowfiend not included )

1700 after a respecc was heroic level to me...runs a lot smoother. really depends on the group. If tank is geared or making you work more thus using your mana, or if dps are silly wasting you mana by not limiting thier damage, and as mentioned..the dps race verse your mana life. dps really should be pulling minimum 1200+ if tank and healer are geared, but ideally 1500+ and 2k+ for the harder fights....atleast helps it to be farming status.

MP5 is very usefull. my discipline priest is now 400+ battle regen self buffed. 600+ in raids. first goal should be 300 MP5 for heroics.(disciplien thinking anywayz)

I've healed heroics in shadow priest gear, specced shadow. I'd imagine Disc is just fine to heal anything >.>