Can you not cast CoH while in malygos votrex anymore?

I was doing a run of malygos today first time since the patch and for some reason while in the vortex i'm not able to cast CoH at all? Did they change this or anyone know what the deal is?

Re: Can you not cast CoH while in malygos votrex anymore?

Im not sure what the deal is, but ive also heard the same thing from our healers as well. Hopefully its just a bug atm.

Yeah, Just asked a druid in my guild. He can't use wild growth either during the vortex.

I can confirm, tested on both 10man and 25man Malygos. Every attempt to cast CoH during vortex resulted in "Invalid Target". I am going to assume the druids casting wild growth are getting the same message.

15+ Year Old Account

Was able to once or twice on this weeks malygos, but overall yes - it seemed like the damn spell was bugged in there.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

From the sounds of things, it seems as though the problem is using them while phased. Perhaps the targeting of them has become bugged and they think that the other player you are targeting is in another "phase".

Still, no way to know without further testing. I assumed you reported it to a GM?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    From the sounds of things, it seems as though the problem is using them while phased. Perhaps the targeting of them has become bugged and they think that the other player you are targeting is in another "phase".

Still, no way to know without further testing. I assumed you reported it to a GM?
    I thought the same. Tried targeting self and that also doesn't work.

I believe I was able to cast it on myself but not anyone else... in any case I have a different approach to vortex than spamming CoH anyways... First you spam to have everyone at full health as he flys up being sure to get 3-5 renews on multiple people. I then cast PoM on someone without a renew who has natural low health (mage or someone with bun stam). I then cast PoM during vortex on myself and cast 1 CoH on myself (pretty sure this worked) Any SoL procs I cast on however is lowest and as we drop from Vortex I cast another CoH on myself.

Doing this pretty much ensured everyone didnt get below 75% health (most of the time)... I find PoM a far better spell to use when everyone will be taking consistent regular damage than CoH anyways.

If anything the CoH nerf has shown how CoH wasn't as great as we thought. It's a good spell but there are plenty of other things we can do to raid heal very effectively. We just relied on it too much without much thought.

Report it, a lot.

Eventually it will become a known issue and be ignored for a while.

It is a a series of new bugs in the vortex.
    WG and CoH is not castable of people caught in the vortex.
    Prayer of Mending has a very high chance of simply vanishing after proccing.

You can however cast WG/COH on people not inside the vortex, like a recalled warlock or a blinked mage. This will allow you to autotarget people inside the vortex as expected.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

There was a fun bug with Mirror Images as well, I don't know if its still there.

R.I.P. YARG

Confirmed today, you cannot cast CoH in vortex, even on yourself as I thought you could... my mistake.