PvP Discipline Spec and Gear Questions

I am starting to arena and bg some lately as there is alot of time left in the week after clearing NAX, OS, Malygos etc.. For some reason I'm having some difficulty finding a 'cookie-cutter' PvP Discipline build. Below is something I've put together to maximize survivability as well as offense abilities but not sure if I'm missing some key talents etc...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest=503322013052510252130023105120305130000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000& glyph=000000000000

Secondly I've made the crafted cloth PvP set and have a couple of pieces of the blue PvP badge gear for a grand total of 350 resilience, but I'm still getting destroyed by rogues, feral druids, pallies, actually almost any melee class. Also the PvP gear I got now (which I know is crap) is killing my other stats. Not sure if I'm better off just wearing my PVE gear for now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: PvP Discipline Spec and Gear Questions

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

this is my spec at the moment. from my experience i never ever will be able to pull out a greater heal and/or doing something else then healing, so offensive damage except of hots and maybe mindblast won't be really important or even possible. smite does burn your mana too fast anyway, so i'd just skip the 5 points in divine fury and put them into imp Renew as you can't heal yourself when roguestunned.

one key talent you missed in my opinion is definately Rapture, increasing your mana-effectiveness a lot.

my gear will be focused on crit, spellpower, intelligence (and resilience of course...). over all i think im going to get some balance between the two sets as i want and need the +50resi two times.

as i see the discipline tree is focused on gaining mana back from healing amounts, shields and your maximum mana (Rapture, Hymn of Hope), i can't see why to waste some points in spirit. mp5 won't be needed for a long time. just until it gets to the point again where the fights last at about an hour, but with all these 2dd combos out there massive burstheal and a huge manapool is more tempting for me, as i play really offensive.
    (we'll see what the by ghostcrawler mentionned "interesting priest changes" will change).

well this is my point of view and its fitting to my playstyle ^^

(pls excuse mistakes in there as english is not my mother tongue)

Black is what darkness looks like.

Spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=021205060305

Glyphs:
    Flash Heal
    Shield
    I still have the Dispel Glyph from pre-patch 3.0.8 so I will most likely switch since it got nerfed. (Will most likely go for the Inner Fire Glyph)

Gear: (I know there is another thread about this somewhere but I'll say it again)
    Go 2pcs Satin, 3pcs Mooncloth

Satin Hood -> Because socket bonus is +Resil
    Mooncloth Chest -> Same reason

The other pieces are up to you. I personally went for the satin gloves.

Gems:
    +8Resil +12Stam
    +9SP +8Resil

Meta:
    +26Stam +10% Stun Reduction

Thanks for the replies.

Don't worry : i'm 21k HP and 745 res and still getting PWNED by every DK, ret , arcane and rogue out there.

how are the DKs pwning you??? they, like paladins, should be your bread and butter. abolish/cure disease negates most of the DKs power, and dispel everything, and i mean EVERYTHING off the paladin, yourself and your partner and you are golden.

now, rogues and arcane mages...just lay down and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir
    Don't worry : i'm 21k HP and 745 res and still getting PWNED by every DK, ret , arcane and rogue out there.

23k hp 1000 resi, same problem as you :<

Quote Originally Posted by Egeslic
    how are the DKs pwning you??? they, like paladins, should be your bread and butter. abolish/cure disease negates most of the DKs power, and dispel everything, and i mean EVERYTHING off the paladin, yourself and your partner and you are golden.

now, rogues and arcane mages...just lay down and die.
    Rofl, clueless. Dks and holy palas are worse than rogues and arcane mages by FAR.

Most DK's and Ret pallys are very unskilled, thats why most of them are easy.

I can kite a DK without any problems, same for most ret palys.

Holy palys are a problem tho...

Hunters also seem to own my ass, viper sting = free win against priest team IMHO. The % burning changes did not change anything, actualy they made it much worse in a long run. Also mana burning almost any class as priest is usless / impossible ATM.

Ofc this may just be my lack of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    23k hp 1000 resi, same problem as you :<
    damn... looks promissing to gear up. If it's to get owned.

Hey, im playing with 670 resi and around 20k hp buffed. Doing 2vs2 with warlock and we do around 1700 rating which is okay our gear compared but i have to admit that im experiencing same problems as some of you, retri and pally teams is pretty easy to handle if u pain suppres their first burst and trinket the next, then u will be able to cc them throughout rest of fight
    Now to rogues and mages, its just meh cant really do anything.
    Nowadays if a rogue wears 2x epic daggers and understand to implement a gouge and blind in his stun rotation i am as sure to 100% sliced and diced in a matter of seconds

About the manaburn part, in 2vs2 against healer dps combo's it is really strong

Tell me if you found a way to survive a rogue attaking you, maybe even a rogue and mage :P
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What offspecc gear should you take? The mp5 or critt? im talking about the Hatefull offspecc-parts.....

Im kinda new to this and i like this thread, and how about those parts you can buy in wintergrasp? That wintergrasp trinket is nice...

The wintergrasp trinket is really nice and it do proc a lot, i dont know if it has an internal cooldown but anyways it is nice
    About boots, i mean that the wintergrasp ones have a kick effect which will help u get away, that can save your ass from a rogue fx, trinket his kidney and instantly fire away from him

Gear, spec and glyphs depend alot on what bracket and setup you play.

The Dispel Glyph is still superb in 2/3s, and also 5s if you don't play with another dispel class. I play 5s with a holy paladin (2 healer setup), so it's less important for me.

Same with talent build. I run with Improved Mana Burn and Divine Aegis, due to the bracket.

And max out resilience, as I'm still getting targetet 99% of the time. Currently running with 785 resilience, and 1700 spellpower with Inner Fire on.

834 resilience, 19k hp and around 1900 healing with Inner fire, and stille getting killed in a matter of seconds to rogues, arcane mages etc. etc., I think you know what i'm talking about... that's arenas nowadays.

How are you guys feeling about Silent resolve now?
    I mean, I find it kindda gimped now, since I took that talent in the begining due to my buffs gets dispelled, not because my renew/shield etc. got.
    I'm thinking of switching the 3 points into imp inner fire for the ekstra charges and sp, what do you like ?

I'm playing with a muti rogue, and i'm currently running the holy pvp spec with imp mana burn, and i'm feeling pretty well with that at the area we're playing (1550+), though I think i'll change to disc when we come higher.
    How do you feel about reflective shields now ?
    I dont know if its good or bad now, I mostly find it bad and waste of talent points, but dont know really, how are you guys with that ?

And last, some QQing, once again rogues... cant stand that a mutilate rogue has crippling, wound and mind-numbing poison on me... i'm just laying down when I get CS and see it's a mutilate rogue...

Same as you you omniscense, getting screwed by rogues too, I really think they should remove the 3 poisons thigie because mindnumbing crippling and wounds is just too much, as simply as that. The rogues has to choose which to use instead of getting all 3 offered.

Im fulll disc and considering to go away from reflective shields which I have right now
    Any suggestions or feedback on refelctive shieldzorz ?