Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow Priest raid importance

Her trash DPS is pretty low for an Spriest; DP and Mind Sear should easily have her above 4k for a full run. FPS could be responsible for most of her problems.

First things first. Shadowpriests are a hybrid class. They should dominate on certain fights that are caster/dot friendly. Patchwerk is not one that a spriest should be toppin the charts. Pure dps classes should be winning here no contest. Sapph is an easy fight for spriest to win since there dots continue to tick while sapph goes into air phase and they can dps until the last second when u must hide behind an ice block.

2nd a hunter spec'd survival is a loss of dps. As a pure dps class I would rather have my hunter be MM or BM to do more dmg and let the spriest worry about givin the raid buff.

3rd some guilds have a lot of melee. You have an enhance shammy dk (Unholy blood or frost) ret pally fury/arms warrior and rogues. This can mean a lot of melee in one raid. So having a replenishment buff be available from a ranged player is great. Having to many melee can mean a lot of extra dmg to be healer as opposed to a ranged dps.

shadowpriests are not the necessity that they were before, get over it. I raided all through bc as the "mana battery" and i loved it in some aspects but i'm very glad that most roles can be filled by multiple classes. Shadowpriest dps is about the same as other hybrids and they are a great choice for the replenishment buff, the best in my honest opionion but hey i might be a lil biased.

I raid as holy now but i do miss the days of meltin bosses faces

With her gear, she should be putting out those kinds of numbers without the Misery bug. It's really hard, even from a WWS, to say why she might be low on the meters.

The one thing I will say is that her SW count seems really low, which makes me wonder how tight her rotation is. I usually cast that around a dozen times on a fight like Patch, just because I'll have 1.5 sec gaps in my "rotation" with nothing else useful to throw in there before MB is off cooldown. So I wonder what she does in those cases. Stand there? Try to clip a MF? Refresh VE every time? Every single moment in a fight like Patch should be used for something, the question is what she's using it for.

Also, if you have really good DKs/rogues/mages (that WWS really doesn't reflect any of the above, but that warlock looks pretty hoss), they probably will be beating her. "Pure" DPS classes (those that have no other role to spec into but DPS) should always top the meters in an "equally geared/equally skilled" scenario, and Blizz really doesn't know how to balance out DKs (my guild cleared Naxx last night, all around the same gear level, most of the DPS was 3-3.5k DPS on Patch, our DKs were 3.6k and 5.1k), so expect to get beat by the good ones. Honestly, SPriests should probably just be sitting at the top of the hybrid DPS, so as long as she's close to the pure DPS classes and beating the shamans and druids and whatnot, she's in good shape.

Also just curious, i see that she only cast dispersion 3-4 times. Not that thats a bad thing, but is she having mana issues through the fights?

No, she never has mana issues. I think she tends to use dispersion in situations where shes going to take some spike damage. I think normally she stays in for Sapph's breath to dps, and dispersions through it (I could be wrong).

SW: death is one of those things we tried number crunching, and alot of forums we read said to just drop it from the rotation completely and clip a MF. Dummy DPS said it ended up being better in the long run, but I cant say whether its true for raid dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    2nd a hunter spec'd survival is a loss of dps. As a pure dps class I would rather have my hunter be MM or BM to do more dmg and let the spriest worry about givin the raid buff.
    Think you better update your information on hunter specs post-3.0.8

Hmm okay since you mentioned a target dummy, what was her dps on that with only her self buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004
    Hmm okay since you mentioned a target dummy, what was her dps on that with only her self buffs?
    Target dummy dps, no buffs at all, no lag... Probably around 2300.
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

Quote Originally Posted by Circumstance
    Target dummy dps, no buffs at all, no lag... Probably around 2300.
    Probably or?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball
    Probably or?
    We did it a couple nights ago, and the reason I say probably is because she would parse it for 5 minutes, and did it about 10 times. Normally, it ran mid to high 2200s, it would spike, and sometimes it would drop.

Well if shes able to pull 2.3k dps on a dummy. Then there is no reason that she wouldnt at the very least be on the top 5. However lag/fps issues would play a factor prolly in nax.

Edit: And im guessing she is using the +SP flask correct? Or atleast the proper elixirs?

Okay, i'll reformat her machine, and buy her a new card tonight. We'll get this weeks WWS for patchwerk, and I'll bump this with the new link asap. All i can say is I hope its the FPS >.< because we are running out of reasons lol.

2) Our moonkin takes imp fairy fire, and I don't believe his DPS is hurting much for it.
    If he does not cast it - then the talent gives them 3% crit as long as the feral druid keeps FF up.

If he casts it then it is a massive DPS waste - 1GCD per 45 seconds or so - for that mere 3% crit and misery will be up anyway.

In other words. Slap him for casting it with SP in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    If he does not cast it - then the talent gives them 3% crit as long as the feral druid keeps FF up.

If he casts it then it is a massive DPS waste - 1GCD per 45 seconds or so - for that mere 3% crit and misery will be up anyway.

In other words. Slap him for casting it with SP in the raid.
    Rofls. Anyways, good luck. And i hope that it fixes it. Im guessing that yall use separate comps. Is your better and have more fps? If so u could let her use urs for a raid or for a boss atleast to see if that is indeed the problem.

You would hope to see her Dots ticking close to 146 times on that report. She is in the 79-89 range. This tells me she is letting her dots fall off and not immediately refreshing them.

Mind Blast was cast 16 times. It would be possible for her to cast 50 times, not realistic but possible.

Forget SW, Keep the DoTs up! MB more. Don't be afraid to clip MF to do the previous.

GL :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004
    Well if shes able to pull 2.3k dps on a dummy. Then there is no reason that she wouldnt at the very least be on the top 5. However lag/fps issues would play a factor prolly in nax.

Edit: And im guessing she is using the +SP flask correct? Or atleast the proper elixirs?
    Yes, SP flask / destro pots and she re-gemmed recently away from crit to pick up more SP.

rgr. Well bud i hope the comp update helps her out.

She is 5/5 valorous, with plenty of best in slot, and the rest is damn near close (valorous isnt always BiS, but shes a chick, and chicks dig angel stuff). She's probably our 2nd best geared member in the guild
    through wws i pulled her up on the armory.. sure her gear itself is pretty solid but i noticed 2 things... she has great crit but very very little haste and why in the hell are her belt and gloves gemmed with spell pen?????? thats useless for pve... and is she should try taking sw death out of her rotation and check her glyphs.. she should be using Glyph of sw pain, glyph of shadows and either glyph of MF or sw death and then only use it when mob/boss is below 35% and everything else is on CD and no dots need to be refreshed.

Yeah I'm starting to think the lack of haste stacked is affecting her dps output. Since I by far am less geared with 0 best in slot items yet on target dummies still pull 2.5k dps. If she's only matching my dps the only conclusion I can come to is either haste or fps is the issue I normally run 30-40 frames in raid. This is my armory for the comparison. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Archnemesis
    Also on further inspection it seems as though after going through ticks per spell cast averaging roughly 3 seconds per tick that she is slack on her rotations about 10 ticks short on devouring plague roughly 1 1/4 a spell cast same would go for VT which is is also short about 2 full spell casts. This could be a sign of fps induced speed bumps between spell casts which shorts her some damage.

Now, this isn't a post to complain about DPS, but a post to question why most of the shadow priest buffs have been given to other classes in the raid now.
    "Bring the Player, not the Class" -- Blizzard Entertainment.