How much dps is the "Mirror of Truth"s proc worth?

Greetings all, question for ya. I've been using the old Ret standby trinket of "The Mirror of Truth" (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40684), as well as "The Extract of Necromantic Power" (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40373) as my trinkets for a bit now. I've recently completed my Nobles deck for the wonderful Greatness trinket, and am wondering which trinket I should keep.

For those unaware, the Extract of Necromantic Power isn't actually that bad of a piece for us- it procs off Consecrate and Righteous Vengeance, and over a raid night makes up for about 1.5% of my total dps (which is usually around 4000-5000, average for partial 25man Naxx Gear, pending fight + trash). It is NOT affected by spellpower, but IS affected by crit.

So, basically my question is thus: is the proc from Mirror of Truth worth more than 11 crit rating + 1.5% of my dps? Granted Mirror of Truth seems like it would scale where Extract of Necromantic Power wont- however, it seems like the damage is always going to be pretty constant with the Extract of Necromantic Power , whereas the random nature of the Mirror of Truth proc means that sometimes the extra AP might be wasted on poor timing of CDs.

Anyway, we are probably only talking a 10-20 dps difference either way, I thought I'd just get some feedback from the community. Thanks!
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: How much dps is the "Mirror of Truth"s proc worth?

mirror increases all the attacks you use. greatness and mirror can proc together increasing ap for about 1800ap. so lets say you have 4k with might. with procs and beserking on weapon(if your smart) you have over 2k extra ap.

do i need to say more?

Deleted

Replace the Extract of Necromantic power. Should you get a double-proc during AW/BL, the dps increase should be quite significant.

So on the random chance that they both proc at once is worth it? Unless I'm mistaken here, the MoT is worth around 100 AP (1PPM, 10 sec duration)- is 100 AP worth 1.5% total dps + 11 crit rating? Still not sure I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Endarius
    So on the random chance that they both proc at once is worth it? Unless I'm mistaken here, the MoT is worth around 100 AP (1PPM, 10 sec duration)- is 100 AP worth 1.5% total dps + 11 crit rating? Still not sure I'm convinced.
    You said you have both, so go do some tests to see which is better. Not that hard to figure these things out. And 1.5% of your total damage isn't that much. You could enchant your weapon with Deathfrost and see that.

I'd personally drop the mirror.

If you like, go download Rawr, it's a standalone program that very accurately shows you what upgrades you can look forward to, and while I wont swear by it, based on only having it for a week now, it seems pretty spot on.

It's missing a few things, like the Icebreaker enchant (Which annoys me, my dps has gone up by about 2% as compared to when I was using Massacre, but that could just be luck. I'd like to have a definitive answer.)

According to Rawr on MY character, Greatness is the best trinket I could possibly have.

Necromantic power comes in at 27th, and Mirror at 34th, a total difference of ~3 DPS.

Either way you go, you aren't gambling. Greatness is phenomenal, it's about 100 dps stronger than either mirror or necromantic.

Edit: Sorry about that, I forgot to tell the program that I'm running consecration whenver the GCD allows it, which makes a huge difference between the two trinkets, more like 18 DPS in favor of the necromantic power.

15+ Year Old Account

did some WWS searching. seems it was a 30sec proc, but changed to a 1min. so change greatness for mirror

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    I'd personally drop the mirror.

If you like, go download Rawr, it's a standalone program that very accurately shows you what upgrades you can look forward to, and while I wont swear by it, based on only having it for a week now, it seems pretty spot on.

It's missing a few things, like the Icebreaker enchant (Which annoys me, my dps has gone up by about 2% as compared to when I was using Massacre, but that could just be luck. I'd like to have a definitive answer.)

According to Rawr on MY character, Greatness is the best trinket I could possibly have.

Necromantic power comes in at 27th, and Mirror at 34th, a total difference of ~3 DPS.
    Mirror is like 2. or 3. best trinket, its proc is not calculated in the newest rawr.
    See here:
    http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr/Thread/...ThreadId=45130

Thanks for all the replies folks- right now I'm leaning slightly towards the mirror, yet testing will have to occur. The thing is Dummy Tests are largely pointless with this, as the Extract will always perform better without the other raid buffs. However, as the AP scales...

I think as mentioned this is going to be approx a +3/-3 Dps modification either way- but at least this would let future Ret's know if the Extract is a trinket worth picking up or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Endarius
    Thanks for all the replies folks- right now I'm leaning slightly towards the mirror, yet testing will have to occur. The thing is Dummy Tests are largely pointless with this, as the Extract will always perform better without the other raid buffs. However, as the AP scales...

I think as mentioned this is going to be approx a +3/-3 Dps modification either way- but at least this would let future Ret's know if the Extract is a trinket worth picking up or not!
    I'm pretty sure all of the math has already been done on both these forums and EJ, with the 2 best trinkets being DMC: Greatness and Mirror, followed by Loatheb's Shadow and Bandit's Insignia (though some argue for FotFF). It's silly to take a trinket which is SP based, only procs off spells, and has a comparable ICD instead of taking a similar trinket that is AP based which also adds to SP through SoL. Don't forget you're primarily a melee class...you'd be surprised how many of our yellow abilities now count as physical damage...