Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Attunement for Ulduar?

basically just want to check if someone here knows what attunement we will need to enter/complete Ulduar. I have found few things like certain achivements and reputation on forums but none of it seems to be confirmed so if you have link to something official (blue post... etc) I would be greatful if you post it here.

thx
    World of What?
    Never heard of...

Re: Attunement for Ulduar?

I thought Blizz was getting rid of attunement for raids....aside from having to be able to fly to get there. If my memory serves me correctly you need to to get to the Ulduar portal which is up and to the right if you're facing the HoS portal.

Apparently it's up on the PTR, why not copy your char and go check?

15+ Year Old Account

I do believe they stated they are essentially done with attunements so I wouldn't expect one for Ulduar. Achievements will never be a requirement for anything as they are elective. Reputation could be believeable if it wasn't god awful Sons of Hodir rep.

They should make the attunement that you have to do Heroic HoL without dying to Lightning Nova on Loken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrane
    Apparently it's up on the PTR, why not copy your char and go check?
    What the hell are you talking about?
    You may now kiss the ring.

What the hell are you talking about?
    Been wondering the same thing... can't be true, still gotta check tho.
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

Champion of the Frozen Wastes achievement would be a realistic enough entry requirement^^

But you need to kill Saph to get the key for the Eye. Isn't that sort of attunement? I know it is just one person, but like Kara one key is needed to get in
    "Peace is a lie"

Everyone had to have it back in the days.

Require 16/18 achievements for or the entirety of glory of the raider complete imo

Quote Originally Posted by hnd
    Require 16/18 achievements for or the entirety of glory of the raider complete imo
    That's exactly what Blizz is trying not to do and asking for such a feat makes it even worse than the past attunements we had in BC. Bad idea imo
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

Well, heroic: glory or regular I mean. I said 16/18 because some are difficult to do due to circumstances beyond anyone's control(ie lag) and some prove that you and your raid aren't completely lacking. I know they won't ever do it, and I doubt uludar will really be that challenging, but one can dream.

Deleted

It's alright to call bad ideas bad, and stupid ideas stupid.

An attunement like the BWL or Naxxramas (Old) one wouldn't really be over the top. But I think the closest they'll do to an attunement is having Heroic HoL completed.

I could see them making you complete the Sons of Hodir chain. Not be exalted or anything, just the quest chain that basically establishes the lore for Ulduar.

If anything it will probably be like the key from sapphiron for malygos. That is to say, only one person in the raid needs it to enter.

Wouldn't make sense to remove all TBC attunements and then bring it back for WotLK.

no. If anything there will be a teleport or 2 in Dalaran for those without flying mount. a summoning stone before each boss. a vendor at the start of the instance that sells all the dropps in the instance for 20 Linen Cloth each.

approved by Blizzards World of Warcraft testing crew consisting of 20 well fed 5 year olds in a vote 19-1.
    it wa later discovered that the one voting against was a 6 year old with intellect buff and was therefore removed from the testing crew since his IQ was above the average WoW players.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    no. If anything there will be a teleport or 2 in Dalaran for those without flying mount. a summoning stone before each boss. a vendor at the start of the instance that sells all the dropps in the instance for 20 Linen Cloth each.
    ^^
    This will help a lot i think.
    +1

Attunements should be implemented however remain Guild wide such as Malygos. It was a pain to re-attune new members for BT then for them to dump it really upset us. However I think a guild that kills X boss gets the attunement to kill another boss. Whether its in another dungeon OR if it's same dungeon requiring a guild to summon him.

I don't really think there will be any kind of achievement to enter
    ''Most powerful is he who controls his own power.''