Holy Pally Raid Heals

Where do you find yourselves coming in on the healing meter rank and % wise. I usually find in a 25man 5 healer Naxx I am usually around 3rd, depending on what other heals we have, just wondering if this is about normal, or how other people are fairing XD

Ty ;D

Re: Holy Pally Raid Heals

depends what fight really...
    put me on 25 patchwerk with beacon and HL spamming and I am always number one...
    it's amazing how good we look when every other class isnt spamming aoe heals

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain
    depends what fight really...
    put me on 25 patchwerk with beacon and HL spamming and I am always number one...
    it's amazing how good we look when every other class isnt spamming aoe heals
    I hear that!

I find myself around first to third depending on the fight. Not spammin aoe heals is quite nice but our good healers performance haven't gone down (thank god), they just gotta work for them heals now :P

15+ Year Old Account

second right now because another guildie likes to spam JoL for himself to get more heals even tho we have a prot pally and 2 ret pallies in 25mans.

I generally beacon a tank and will HL OT and flash raid and Im always in top 3 even when I dont heal very much.

my skill comes from knowing when to heal rather than blowing my mana bar on every pull. Only time i spam anywhere in NAxx is patchwork and the instructor (obviously). Grobbulus sometimes requires me to be on top of my game, like sapphrion and Kel.(which is always the raids error)

Directly behind the shamans. Usually the ones that spam chain heal. Even if it's just on a single target. =/

I was 3rd for last weeks sarth3d. That's about where I hover with a shaman/druid ahead of me.

I'm usually #1 75% of the time followed by a priest or drood.

I pretty much stacked int, got the 4p t7 bonus, picked up the holy light libram and spam spam spam holy light. My overheal is amazing but I put out some crazy numbers.

if i'm in a 25man pug, i'm at the top... with a large margin between me and the rest of the healers.

If i'm in my guild's raid, i'm usually.... bottom, or one up. Our healers know how to heal, and with me being the only holy pally in the guild, with the rest AOE or HOT healers... i'm kinda at the bottom...

but my targets stay up...

And i've noticed that if i'm not with a guild raid, they have alot more deaths then when i'm there. I may not be at the top of the meters, but i do manage to keep people up.

My guild has a couple bomb priest and druid healers, so I'm usually fighting with them for the top 3 spots. I end up having a huge amount of over-healing, but my mana regen is so good it doesn't even matter. Not sure why I even bother to pick up mage biscuits anymore, hehe.
    WTF folder, indeed.

I did norm Naxx the other night for the first time. I was #1 healer w/ 44% of the healing done followed by a priest at 31% of the healing. And my overhealing was the same % as the priest at 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1313
    I'm usually #1 75% of the time followed by a priest or drood.

I pretty much stacked int, got the 4p t7 bonus, picked up the holy light libram and spam spam spam holy light. My overheal is amazing but I put out some crazy numbers.
    I have the same set up... I can spam HL an entire encounter and end up with at least 70-80% mana... Int stacking and the three mana reductions to HL is OP

I just put Beacon on MT and spam glyphed HL.. Always number 1.

Deleted

Does it matter where you are...will your e-peen ego be at peace if you top the meter....this thread is fail.

Holy Paladin

What do they bring to raids?
    +3% to crit targets (holy/ret)
    High crit % (I have 35% unbuffed, holy/ret)
    Beacon of Light
    Sacred Shield + its 50% to crit flash of light (castable on more than one person at once)
    Holy shock + holy shock talent for when it crits ( holy shock crit + instant flash of light or lower cast time holy light;; great to heal after a big burst damage)
    Spamming heals, without running low on mana; mana conservation/regen spells (mostly 80% mana at the end of boss fights)
    Stackability of haste trinkets/spells;; 1 - 1.3 second casts flash of light/ holy light (judgement of pure, 2x +SP/5xx haste trinkets)
    Divine Intervention (saves repair of yourself and the person it's casted on)
    Judgement Light/Wisdom
    Lay of Hands to be casted on target for bonus armor, or to get target/yourself 3k mana with glyph (almost = to ruinic mana pot that might be on CD) (casts it on prot pally tank during Loatheb, when prot pally runs low on mana)
    Cleanse/BoP/Blessings

What they suck at?
    AoE Heals (no beacon of light doesn't count and glyph of holy light sucks. if your constantly spamming holy light, your other healers aren't healing.)
    Can't remove curses

Paladin's job in Naxx:
    Heal the tanks, heal the raid when given the chance (makes Patchwork look like a chew toy with 80% mana left after he's downed)
    Keeps players in ice blocks alive during Kel'Thuzad fight
    Keeps players alive during Grobbulus fight, with cleanse/holy shock/sacred shield against injectors once in a safe zone to drop it
    Look pretty and shake their miracle fingers.

If your a Holy Paladin and want to be top healer, run a heroic instance. Otherwise it doesn't matter where you are on healing meters. Healing meters =/= dps meters. Top person on healing meter doesn't make them a better healer than the others.
    To really test yourself as a Holy Paladin, do heroics, that's where your doing everything possible to keep up tanks. Might be easy with a tank in raid epics, so downgrade to a tank in blues. Ofc, pick a tank with a brain.

it depends on the fight ie. 4 horse or patchwork near the top but its not that impt as making sure your healing assignment (if you have one ) stays up. if your on the mt and he stays alive thru the whole fight youve done you job so who the hell cares where you are on healing meters.