Problem with dps

I have a problem with my dps in raids 10/25 and heroics =/

Last night i was doing ONLY 3k dps on patch in naxx 25 while another mage did like 3.8k dps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Hand&n=Jefkee link to my armory and i know i specced 1 talent wrong the dragon breath should be in imp scorch but that cant really make 800 dps difference?

anyway my stats and the other mages stats arent really that different from each other

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Hand&n=psykizz this is the mages armory that pulled out 3.8k dps

i dont know what im doing wrong or its cause of the pvp gears i use or its something wrong in my rotation i really dont know if anyone could help me i would be pleased

Re: Problem with dps

Without knowing the raid make-up, my first thing I notice is your hit is at 10%. Now if you have a SP or a Boomkin with IFF, EP and squidface you might be ok. Also the crit is a lot higher than yours so maybe he had a good RNG streak and proc'd a lot more pyros. What glyphs do you have? What is your rotation?
    "Peace is a lie"

- I use glyph of frostfire, glyph of imp scorch and glyph of molten armor.
    - its not only on patch also on other bosses, the starting is quite good but its after like 1-1:30 minutes had passed my dps is lowering and also my dps.
    - And for the setup we have 1 boomkin in the raid but not a spriest
    - and the rotation i use is mostly this:

LB - scorch - scorch - FFB - FFB - FFB and i trow another scorch when the time is at like between 0-6 seconds, and after i got pyro procc i mostly use another LB and do a scorch if its low on timer or FFB.

Apart from the fact that he has a lot more hit than you he also has more haste. However you're both way over the top with crit. It's enough for a FFB mage to be at ~600 crit rating, however you should aim for ~500 haste.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda
    Apart from the fact that he has a lot more hit than you he also has more haste. However you're both way over the top with crit. It's enough for a FFB mage to be at ~600 crit rating, however you should aim for ~500 haste.
    im having a bit more haste than him i got 116 haste and he got 73 and also i wouldnt have that much haste as i do now since im using haste pvp back, if i replace it i would have almost same haste as he does, tho if i check my recount hes casting like double LB's than me and having more pyro proccs with less ffb's.

I see some PvP gear on you which you may have switched to since original post... so none of this may apply...

His crit is almost 4.75% greater.... and from what I've seen this will indeed make a great deal of difference over time. In addition he has a 4 set Y7 bonus giving him 5% more crit damage and the 3% crit damage metagem.

The RNG of the FFB spec alone can account for 800dps difference... then add teh 4,75 crit... not only can he crit more.. but can crit more "2x in a row" for the Hot Streak proc... (not to mention more crits mean more mana conservation)

Also deciding which and when to pop CD"s can play a HUGE roll in DPS...

And the use of haste/damage pots...

Try popping a Potion of Wild Magic and a mana gem when Heroism is called, but save your IV/trinket/Comnbustion for after or before...

If you don't have Heroism... use a Haste potion instead later when your managem/trinket are back up.

In the end... you can look at recount to see how many casts of each spell areput out and how many crits/misses are happeneing ot both of you... and also a combat log reader liek WoWWrbStats can break down what went on in the fight...

If I was your raid leader, I wouldn't even take you to 25 person raids with your gear.... Get some hitrating, then come back if your dps still sucks. :
    /thread

From you comment it sounds like you do not keep living bomb up. Always refresh living bomb. Gives more DPS ans can proc a pyro also. It can crit on explosion
    "Peace is a lie"

My guess. He's popping his trinkets at an optimal cooldown. Try this

When the boss hits 35% and your raid pops here use this macro

/cast Combustion
    /cast Icy Veins
    /use Mark of the War Prisoner
    /use Mana Sapphire
    /cast Mirror Image

That can easily pump your DPS out. It just.. goes WTFBOOM! No joke. I still use my Hex Shrunken Head (cause I'm raid hit-capped without Gems or chanting for hit) So try and keep an On-Use Trinket to really pump out your DPS, that or the Illustration of the Dragon Soul. Utilizing your cooldowns is one of the key rules to magery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazura
    My guess. He's popping his trinkets at an optimal cooldown. Try this

When the boss hits 35% and your raid pops here use this macro

/cast Combustion
    /cast Icy Veins
    /use Mark of the War Prisoner
    /use Mana Sapphire
    /cast Mirror Image

That can easily pump your DPS out. It just.. goes WTFBOOM! No joke. I still use my Hex Shrunken Head (cause I'm raid hit-capped without Gems or chanting for hit) So try and keep an On-Use Trinket to really pump out your DPS, that or the Illustration of the Dragon Soul. Utilizing your cooldowns is one of the key rules to magery.
    When fighting a boss why wouldn't you pop them in the begining? Unless there is some % enrage. If you pop CD at start, you can get another round in many times.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    I see some PvP gear on you which you may have switched to since original post... so none of this may apply...

His crit is almost 4.75% greater.... and from what I've seen this will indeed make a great deal of difference over time. In addition he has a 4 set Y7 bonus giving him 5% more crit damage and the 3% crit damage metagem.

The RNG of the FFB spec alone can account for 800dps difference... then add teh 4,75 crit... not only can he crit more.. but can crit more "2x in a row" for the Hot Streak proc... (not to mention more crits mean more mana conservation)

Also deciding which and when to pop CD"s can play a HUGE roll in DPS...

And the use of haste/damage pots...

Try popping a Potion of Wild Magic and a mana gem when Heroism is called, but save your IV/trinket/Comnbustion for after or before...

If you don't have Heroism... use a Haste potion instead later when your managem/trinket are back up.

In the end... you can look at recount to see how many casts of each spell areput out and how many crits/misses are happeneing ot both of you... and also a combat log reader liek WoWWrbStats can break down what went on in the fight...
    I didnt change any of my gear yet, tho there are still pvp parts in it i could drop them for pve gear but that would leave me with even less crit than i allready have, and since i read the 4.75% can make difference it would even be more badly then i guess.

for cooldowns i mostly use trinket/combustion/mirror image and icy veins for when heroism is popped and since i didnt raid with 2 parts of valerous i should add the mana gem in my macro.