Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tier 8 Video, Arena Matchmaking, Blue Posts

Tier8 looks great.
    Btw, i was wondering are those the tiers the same as the ones in the WOTLK Collector's Edition Artbook ?.
    Because I found a picture off the "Shaman" T8 ?
    http://projectlore.com/wp-content/up.../plshammie.jpg
    ALTF4.

Warlock set looks like it's made out of wood (probably is by the looks of it) but all the sets look great.

Oh I'm getting so tired of this "bring the player, not the class" nonsense. Classes aren't just different skins to the same set of core abilities, and deliberately throwing out the unique tools each brings just so you don't have any boss encounter in which one of them might be reliant is silly and waters down the reason for having different classes in the first place.

Having to mind control the trainees for the raz fight is what makes it different and interesting. As it is in the 10 man with the channeling stones, the tanks are the ones who do that so you might as well just not bother with the mechanic in the first place and just have another tired tank rotation fight. We already will likely never see a fight where a warrior's spell reflect is needed, and I can image we will soon find things like spell steal or warlock tanking requirements to be extinct as well.

But when you have healers with 1k bonus healing and dps who can just barely manage to pump out 1500 dps on a tank and spank boss requesting invites to heroics and raids, you see the kind of imbeciles Blizzard is targeting this game towards now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezik
    lol, so much for blizz's hotfixes, and bug patch
    yeah they finally gave locks a summoning stone
    but when i just did voa 25man and we tryed to summon people with the stone
    it didnt work, couldnt summon a single person
    for blizz's rediculous payload, they can't even get it right
    worked just fine for us last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    Tier8 looks great.
    Btw, i was wondering are those the tiers the same as the ones in the WOTLK Collector's Edition Artbook ?.
    Because I found a picture off the "Shaman" T8 ?
    http://projectlore.com/wp-content/up.../plshammie.jpg
    More like T8 Paladin set.

The new arena system is NOT good, it's lame!
    Me and my partner in 2v2 done exactly the same games after the 3.08 patch, but I have 1400 personal rating when he has 1600.
    How will I be able to get hateful set, if i can't get my rating high when my friend is doing this easily?
    Actually, when we lost in a game, my personal rating got down alot, and my partner's rating got down a little, and when we won, the opposite.
    T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Zor
    The new arena system is NOT good, it's lame!
    Me and my partner in 2v2 done exactly the same games after the 3.08 patch, but I have 1400 personal rating when he has 1600.
    How will I be able to get hateful set, if i can't get my rating high when my friend is doing this easily?
    Actually, when we lost in a game, my personal rating got down alot, and my partner's rating got down a little, and when we won, the opposite.
    T_T
    Seems the new ghost rating thinks you suck. What do you intend to do about it? Improve? No, of course not. Whine. Alot. That's the real skill, making impact on arenas.

What class/spec do you play, and what class/spec does he?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

rofl, gg blizz ... portstones bugged out, or its just the AQ one?

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    You didnt read his post.

/sigh
    I did. However, he excluded the class/spec of him and his partner, he excluded info about how they usually do, who drops first, who survives, etc. You know, and the stuff Blizz count as "skill" (while I have no real idea just how it goes down, I believe it has something to do with the player's performance in the match, not just the win or loss of the team itself). How well geared is he? How well geared is his friend? Gear is taken in consideration as well. So... what else was there to read if not QQ? Without more info, it proves little knowledge about the real deal there.

then start to improve instead of that pally friend of you do all the work

The real info is him and his partner played the exact amount of same games together.

One of them can buy gear, the other cant.

That is freeking stupid.

How many other TEAM games do you see where one person gets punished if the team wins.

NONE

The system blows donky d*ck.

And has nothing to do with QQ.
    There are two ratings, good sir. Team rating, and personal rating. Now, the ghost rating is the third one, and it seems to be something between the two. Personal rating is gained by the player's performance. Not the team's performance, player's. That is something new, something that many people can't grasp. Personal rating is no longer based about how many games you played and won, it now is about HOW WELL you play in your team. Seems to me that his friend is carrying him trough, but the poster is afraid to say that, because usually these kinds of posts (such as yours) are made by exactly that kind of people. No real proof, no information, just QQ about how that is OP, that is stupid and how they are entitled for more.

I think the new t8 sets looks pretty awesome overall. Can't wait to see the missing class sets (especially paladin). My fiance is hoping to not look like a power ranger this time around haha. Oh and the priest set seems to be missing the rest of the hood. The glowing eyes look to be part of the lower/inner section of the hood, but in all the videos/ss the top half seems to be missing. If it's suppose to be anything like the picture from the WotLK CE art book then it's really going to be awesome. It looks odd otherwise.

Priest set from the art book: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/361/priestt8cc8.jpg
    So doesn't that look much better? I'm hoping that's it since my main is a priest and I really have loved showing her headpieces

Healers are like artists, no one appreciates them until they are dead.

Ooh, gief a hood for the priest set! That concept art is stunning, I wish they went ahead with that headpiece model.

My partner and i are at equal rating. What i don't understand is that when we lose against a team that is obviously better geared and higher rating, they gain 5 but we lose 14. Is this intended? Are you always supposed to lose more rating than you gain? I miss not feeling totally terrible about unequal matchups because we'd only lose a few points....

I like the sets. The warlock is really funny though, especially the head piece they ripped from Zul Farak, or maybe mage T0 and T1 set.

Arena is a complete joke.

Who would introduce a new rating system mid-season. seriously?

How do they expect a new rating system to help an already very unpopular aspect of PvP?

Is making arena casual like wotlk pve content a smart decision?

Why would they work on this when it very clear there are a ton of more pressing PvP related problems?

Do they really think a rating change makes arena more fun?

What other game or sport do players get penalized for winning?

All of the answers point to a complete blizz PvP failure with core ideas, who cares about the details when the ideas themselves are shit.

Ghostcrawler is a moron, they need to hire some one with actual ideas, he's turning this game into a casual retard festival.

Yea as i said.
    You play as a team, you win as a team. One person gets punished.
    Stupid system.
    Stupid because you cannot be carried trough anymore? Aww. Just as your team is rated (where the TEAMWORK is rated), you also get a personal rating (where YOUR INDIVIDUAL performance is rated). Your team might be uber, but that does not have to prevent you be the deadweight of the team due to inability or slacking. Hell, as long as the rest of the group is good, you can do 0 thousand and 469 dps in a 10 man Naxx. Yes, your group still kills the boss, but clearly you do not deserve the loot, because you are a dead weight for the group, only a slot filler and they could do just as well without you. I anticipate your next "BAWW IT STUPID" comment without backing up anything.

My partner and i are at equal rating. What i don't understand is that when we lose against a team that is obviously better geared and higher rating, they gain 5 but we lose 14. Is this intended? Are you always supposed to lose more rating than you gain? I miss not feeling totally terrible about unequal matchups because we'd only lose a few points....
    Possibly this is being done to seperate your team and the higher geared and rated one. While you are less geared, thus moved down, to be matched with about equally geared players. This is a rather complex system, which was not wise to implement in the middle of a season, and in time it should slowly stabilize. It requires huge amount of observational data about your performance, so it cannot be 100% correct towards you at the first week it went live.

MuTe

The new arena system DOES suck because of the following reason.

U wont be matched again vs ppl that have same teamrating anymore (to prevent "skilled" ppl at low ratings to pwn "bad" ppl with low ratings and farm there way up). Instead u will face teams with the same "invisible" skill level as you. The skill level will not only be based on gear, but also on, survivability, teamwork, kills, dmg/heals, tactics and stuff like that.

Now im a skilled player, its arguable ofc, but ive had 2.2k+ rating in all previous seasons, and multiple servers top teams. However, im at 1650 rating atm because im facing 2.2k teams.
    For the record, i play a Surv hunter with a Disc priest. Both have some savage, hatefull, and a few deadly's which can be obtained by farming 1650/1700 rating.

Because my skill and gear level is rated "high" i'm suppose to win vs 2.2k rated paladins and dk's. (and we face them all the time). When we win, we get 7 teamrating and like 12 personal, and the opponent loses like 15 teamrating. When we lose, i lose like 12 teamrating, but more like 17 personal. This way its really really hard to match your personal with your teams rating. As well its almost impossible to get your rating up. If i win 2 battles, and lose 1 ive gained nothing. This does not make any scense.

Also, i am farming gear so i can become better for arena. Instead im getting punished for having good gear, and i face ppl who are same "skilled", but have a way better combo like PALA/DK, PALA/Rogue etc. Sure i can find a better combo, but i though they wanted to make every spec/class valid for pve and pvp?

At the moment i will always face ppl that the arena system considers good, and ill never face bad players. Every arena match is a hard challenge, and the rating won is always low, and the rating lost is always high. The better gear i get, the more ill lose vs the really good teams, or really imbalanced setups.

If blizzards idea of this new system is to make arena more fun, then they really missed the ball here. Arena is really hard atm, and PVE is really easy. Nice balance indeed..

So what you basically say that you do not like challenge at high brackets? That you do not like to actually earn that rating? I thought the "skilled" people like a real challenge, facing just as good or better opponents.

The real info is him and his partner played the exact amount of same games together.

One of them can buy gear, the other cant.

That is freeking stupid.

How many other TEAM games do you see where one person gets punished if the team wins.

NONE

The system blows donky d*ck.

And has nothing to do with QQ.
    It's not stupid at all. If this example holds true often, it means shite players can't get carried by better ones into gear they don't deserve. *TEAM* exploitation is the behavior being addressed, so damn right that one guy gets to buy and the other doesn't.

If PR still doesn't improve after damage/healing/CC timing/damage avoidance noticeably improves, then there is a reason to complain.