High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Naxx10 - Heigan Phase 1 damage

The other night during phase 1 of Heigan, I was tanking and got hit for 15,000 a few times. My combat log must have something turned off because it wasn't showing what was hitting me.

I thought I was in the safe area on section 3, but I might have been a little too close to 4, and got hit by the 4 splash.

According to WoWwiki (as shown below) the splash should only be doing between 6000 and 7000 damage. (edit to fix damage range)

Was it having the disease (Decrepit Fever) at the same time as being hit by the eruption that caused it to do 15,000?

* Spell Disruption:

This is a 20-yard aura around Heigan the Unclean. It will increase cast times by 300%.

* Decrepit Fever:

This is a disease applied to a random player which will do 3,000 Nature damage every 3 seconds and reduce the maximum hit points of every player within 20 yards by 50%.

* Eruption:

Three quarters of the remaining area of the room will be hit by eruption every few seconds during Phase Two. Does 6650 to 7350 Nature damage on a hit. Near the edge of a safe spot players will only be hit once. In the middle of unsafe spots they will be hit multiple times which is generally fatal.

Since the fever is supposed to reduce my hit points by 50%, but I still saw 29,000 on my player icon....could there be a bug that doubled the damage instead of lowering my health?

Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?

And yes I know I should not have gotten hit by the eruption, but I have a bad habit of getting too close.

Re: Naxx10 - Heigan Phase 1 damage

I'm not 100% sure but since the disease decreases your hp to 50% and I guess your around 30k hp? could that be any possiblity ? Cause really I'm probably very wrong but I'm also tired :<

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asazen
    I'm not 100% sure but since the disease decreases your hp to 50% and I guess your around 30k hp? could that be any possiblity ? Cause really I'm probably very wrong but I'm also tired :<
    Yea, I was around 29,000 or 30,000 hit points. That's what I think, that rather than lowering my health bar to 15,000 and doing 6000-7000 damage, my health bar remained at ~30,000 and the damage got doubled.

Deleted

I'm guessing that the disease was already decursed when you looked at your health bar. When the disease is decursed, your max. health goes back to normal but your actual life stays as it was (I think, am healer, not melee)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It could also be that when "Decrepit Fever" is applied, it actually does it's job by first doing 50% of your health in damage as it lowers the maximum hp.

Deleted

Maybe the 'hit' wasnt a 15k hit exactly, but ur hp being halved and it came up on ur screen as '15k',

Either the disease or two overlapping eruptions.

Our healers see this all the time. Someone near you got the disease, your hp dipped. Since your health bar still shows full, you don't notice it. Disease gets cleared, your hp go back up to normal, but you are still at half. You never take a hit, your hp just drop. Nothing you can do about it. Your healers just need to be aware you are going to dip like that. Thats why he hits like a girl.
    Chaar - 80 Mage - Silvermoon
    Takhisis - 80 Deathknight - Silvermoon
    Velassra - 80 Priest - Silvermoon
    Kront - 80 Warrior - Silvermoon

heigan dont hits like a girl

girl hits harder....

All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"