Need Help Blood DPS

I'll start with an armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&n=Macdibblet

Alright so i just specced to 51/0/20 and in the past i have been 51/13/7
    I was told that the spec i currently have (51/0/20) is actually superior so i've been trying it out and i am missing something as i have trouble keeping up with others with the same spec and inferior gear.

It's been a while since i played this toon so can someone give some suggestions on rotations or possibly a better way to itemize my gear.

Thanks for any help

Re: Need Help Blood DPS

IT,PS,HS,HS,OB,DC,DC,OB,HS,HS,HS

It's the rotation I use on bosses and single targets. Add shell into the rotation for magic resistance and put pestilence in after plague strike for multiple targets. I stay on top of my meters at boos fights and during trash. 1900 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Deathtap
    I stay on top of my meters at boos fights and during trash. 1900 dps
    Yikes.

I stay on top of my meters at boos fights and during trash. 1900 dps
    I totally agree with the Yikes man...only 1900 dps as blood??? I guess the first question would be how bad is your gear?
    I mean I am sitting in full 10man equivilent or better and on trash I pull around 2.5k-3kdps, and on bosses like the most recent one I have done as 51/0/20 which was KT on heroic, I pulled just over 3500dps.

Just thought about this: I guess depending if you are just hitting 80 and starting to raid with this spec, then I can understand the 1900dps, but if you were getting gear from heroics and what not it should still be at least around 2200-2500 for bosses.

Yeah I hit 80 just a bit ago. Getting my heroic gear right now and heading into naxx with the guild. I dodn't want my guild to carry me through naxx so I trying to get the gear to be somewhat useful.

IT,PS,HS,HS,OB,DC,DC,OB,HS,HS,HS

It's the rotation I use on bosses and single targets. Add shell into the rotation for magic resistance and put pestilence in after plague strike for multiple targets. I stay on top of my meters at boos fights and during trash. 1900 dps
    first of all thats the wrong rotation for a 50/0/21 sepc, or other variation of it, you lose your diseases after the fist OB then it becomes useless, that rotation is for the spec that i currently use, 51/13/7, on Sath 25 man last night i pulled 3500 dps even with my crap gear, how that guy is getting 1900 as blood even with crap gear is pretty bad.
    Edit: forgot armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Heethledgerr
    31.2k hp and 29k armor in Frost Presence

I'm still the standard 51/13/7 spec and hold pretty respectable dps. 4200 dps on patchwork last week. Rotation is pretty much the same as everyone has posted. once i get runic power up tho i use dancing blade, start a normal rotation, then use that thing which refreshes all your runes to get in 2 extra oblits and 4 more heart strikes, by the end of which the blade is gone and you start again.

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ore&n=Protocol

Thats my char, dps should improve a lil bit now as i have a few new items, but as people have said, 1900 is very low dps for any class unless your tanking.

Took a look at your gear, ic no reason why you shouldn't be seeing 3k single target dps, and 4k+ on trash/multimobs. I would suggest you consider going back to your other blood build. Blade scales better and gargs were nerf'd in 3.0.8. If you time it right u get your full runic bar, fresh IT/PS, and all the runes up...u pop blades then hammer out Obliterates, RuneMastery to reload ..repeat on the obliterates and finally pop bloodtap at the end for one more. I had all pre-naxx gear and doing this on heroic bosses 3-4k was np. Inside raid enviroments with all the buffs up, there is no reason a 200/213 lvl geared blood DK can't do 4k single target, and you'll prolly see 5-6k spikes on trash np.

My rotation was basically as someone posted above IT-PS-HS-OB
    --Never use anything other than Heartstrike to eat ur blood runes, cept perhaps a deathstrike if your about to die and healing is a big issue..but thats really a stopgap attack.
    --If you get lucky enough to have Runestrike fire up while ur not taking for whatever reason, use it ..don't waste that swing. Yes they have nerfed RS back, but its far from worthless.
    --Obliterate is your friend. Use it early and often.
    --Use extra mobs that u pestilenced to run ur diseases back onto you MainTarget when u can. Pestilence has no CD now, u save urself 1 rune by doing this ..which means one more Heartstrike or Obliterate.
    --If you can't track ur Buffs easily consider an addon like Power Aura Classic. U need to know evertime u have a "Free" deathcoil up and use it. You should also be dumping RP all the time via deathcoil unless u know u are going to pop Blades within the next 15secs or so.

Thats all i can remember off the top of my head, I went deep frost a couple wks ago to tank so I am already forgetting stuff sadly. Looking forward to duel spec when i can setup for the best of both worlds. A heavy dps build and a heavy tank build. That being said...2k single target as a frost tank is nothing to sneeze at

gluck

Quote Originally Posted by Cottenmouth
    first of all thats the wrong rotation for a 50/0/21 sepc, or other variation of it, you lose your diseases after the fist OB then it becomes useless, that rotation is for the spec that i currently use, 51/13/7, on Sath 25 man last night i pulled 3500 dps even with my crap gear, how that guy is getting 1900 as blood even with crap gear is pretty bad.
    Edit: forgot armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Heethledgerr
    I'm not a 50/0/21 spec. My sig shows the spec I currently am. My diseases are not up after my first OB, IT still has about 3 seconds on the ticker and PS still has about 4 to 5. I can still get off about 3 heart strikes before I need to swing OB. Granted and I will give you this I was the 17/0/54 build just a few days ago. I recently respec'd to blood after the patch and I'm still tweaking my build and getting the rotation finalized, so I'm 100% confident that even in my lack luster gear after a few weeks I should easily nail 2100 dps easily. Sucks I can't play wow as much as I would like to and when I do play it's around off peak hours so I have to do what I can. Thanks to some of you pointing at what I may be doing wrong. That's why I love this place.

OB > IT > PS > HS > HS > DC > HS > HS > DC > HS > HS > OB

I like this spec better as well, the only thing that bums me out is the occasional oblit that doesn't have diseases to nom nom nom.

I'd ignore the opinion of anyone doing under 3.5k dps. I'd also be skeptical of anyone claiming to do 3.5k on KT, since the first 3+ minutes involves getting 2-3 shots in on a mob.

51/0/20 takes an actual awareness of what runes are what. The more simplistic mind should stick to 51/13/7.

Where are you guys getting your numbers from? 3k single target? Yea, maybe 25man raid buffed and geared.

1900 self buffed single target in non-25man gear isn't bad at all. Thats roughly what I see myself. I'm sitting at 2100 self buffed, 2500 10man buffed.

Seriously though, I swear people just inflat numbers. That or you just assume that everyone is completely buffed and geared out..

@tanked: Ya well, people gotta enlarge their e-penis, eh?

But if he JUST hit 80, I really don't see the problem.
    Get some gear dude, and then let's talk.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    @tanked: Ya well, people gotta enlarge their e-penis, eh?

But if he JUST hit 80, I really don't see the problem.
    Get some gear dude, and then let's talk.
    lol yea.

I checked the OP's armory link, his gear is pretty good. So 1900 seems about right if he is just self buffed.

Well, if someone tells me he is doing 4.5k dps at patchwerk, i automaticly assume its the 25 man version. As for the OP, 25 patchwerk makes me do the above mentioned dps. I dont know the numbers self buffed. I use the 51/13/7 spec. I Could try to use the 51/0/20 tough, maybe my dps will even go higher :P

Quote Originally Posted by tanked
    Where are you guys getting your numbers from? 3k single target? Yea, maybe 25man raid buffed and geared.

1900 self buffed single target in non-25man gear isn't bad at all. Thats roughly what I see myself. I'm sitting at 2100 self buffed, 2500 10man buffed.

Seriously though, I swear people just inflat numbers. That or you just assume that everyone is completely buffed and geared out..
    Last heroic i ran be4 i spec'd frost to tank was a heroic DTK, first boss i hit 4k on in a sub 1min takedown. King Dred was just a bit lower cause of the fears. 3.3-3.5k ish. If your running 51/13/7, and doing a proper rotation with the right glyphs 4k outside a 25man isnt a pipe dream even in lvl 187/200 gear. If i remember right I did have might up and was rocking around 5k AP on that run with everyones buffs up (hunter AP buff, pally, HoW, etc..).

If u run without any str/AP/crit love in your group, run a bad rotation, and miss alot of attacks cause ur not hit and exp(dodge) capped ..then i can see why your gunna be talking 2k dps. Nothing wrong with 2k btw, thats healthy dps which can clear all ingame content atm ..but why settle for 2k, when u can have 3 or 4k

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain
    I'll start with an armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&n=Macdibblet

Alright so i just specced to 51/0/20 and in the past i have been 51/13/7
    I was told that the spec i currently have (51/0/20) is actually superior so i've been trying it out and i am missing something as i have trouble keeping up with others with the same spec and inferior gear.

It's been a while since i played this toon so can someone give some suggestions on rotations or possibly a better way to itemize my gear.

Thanks for any help
    You got it wrong mate... The new theory about 51/0/20 beating 51/13/7 consist of a rotation with NO disease. So to start with, the 2 pts in epidemic are a waste. It has been tested and everyone that did test it over at EJ said that a diseaseless rotation beats the standard rotation by a bit. On top of it it gives you more time to dump RP.
    OB - HS - HS - OB - DUMP
    HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - HS-

Quote Originally Posted by tanked

First day of hitting 80 with my DK I was doing 2500 dps in 5 mans so anyone with less fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Insan
    Well, if someone tells me he is doing 4.5k dps at patchwerk, i automaticly assume its the 25 man version. As for the OP, 25 patchwerk makes me do the above mentioned dps. I dont know the numbers self buffed. I use the 51/13/7 spec. I Could try to use the 51/0/20 tough, maybe my dps will even go higher :P

I don't see 4.5k dps on patch with crit that low