Thread: Help my DPS

Help my DPS

I am a deep destro lock with semi decent gear yet in 5 man i am between 1.8-2k dps and in 10 man and 25 man i am not breaking 3k unless i really lay on the aoe.

my gear and specs are as follows http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&n=Yousathra
    my rotation is corr/immo/conflag/coa/incenx3/cb/conflag rinse repeat

please help

Re: Help my DPS

couple of things.

if u dont have the following in your raid you cant maximize your dps - ret pally, shad priest, elem shaman, moonkin.

the lack of those will significantly affect your dps. i see you arent soft hit capped so u lose some dps even with moonkin or SP. in your spec CB should be your first cast.

personally i cant pull off great dps as deep destro and i respec and re-glyph constantly and test on target dummies. i always go back to 0 41 30 with felguard. i also tend to raid in a group missing moonkin and elemental shaman but still consistently hit 4k on most 25 man fights. my felguard almost always does 900-1k dps as we have plenty of melee buffs.

oddly in 25 mans i can up my dps by 1000 by playing on desktop computer with nice video card over my laptop. doesnt seem to make much difference in 5 and 10 mans.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I dont know what glyphs you are using but..recommend COA, Conflag, immo...
    Try dropping corruption out of rotation...there is a big debate whether or not this will help dps...I know for hybrids at times its better and others its not.

Edit: also take the points out of improved soul leech and put them in unholy power

I'm currently working on my alt lock now and I am playing with destro specs at the moment. The thing you might want to do is use elements instead of agony. Corruption tends to proc MC for me nicely, does higher damage and you are saving the gcd for more incinerates. The extra 10% damage all the time, as opposed to the little bit of uptime you lose on MC from agony should easily make up for it, at least that is what I have found. Also, it means you don't tend to miss conflag or CB as often right when they are off CD.

I think you may want to change your rotation to:

COA/CB/Immo/Conflag/Incinerate

You certainly do not want to use COE as Gog mentioned.

You may also want to drop shadow fury and points in Soul Leech/Improved soul leech to fill out fire and brimstone.

Quote Originally Posted by yousathra
    I am a deep destro lock with semi decent gear yet in 5 man i am between 1.8-2k dps and in 10 man and 25 man i am not breaking 3k unless i really lay on the aoe.

my gear and specs are as follows http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&n=Yousathra
    my rotation is corr/immo/conflag/coa/incenx3/cb/conflag rinse repeat

please help
    For a start id like to question your glyphs used, you should be using the following for deep destro;
    * Glyph of Conflagerate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.
    * Glyph of Imp - Increases the damage done by your Imp's Firebolt spell by 10%.
    * Glyph of Agony - Increases the duration of your Curse of Agony by 4 sec. (easier rotation and more dpm than corruption)

Ive noticed you gone for pet mana regeneration over Rank 10 *Fire and Brimstone*. In my opinion, F & B should be taken instead, with the new update from 3.0.8 and conflag
    Glyph of Conflagerate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.
    With 2 x conflag i find this much more useful as dps output, i rarely seem to lifetap with a Shadow Preist in my group.

My rotation has been giving me 6k-7.1k.
    CoA>Immolate>(Instant) Conflagerate > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate til immolate near finish ( > conflag, *you should be able to clip this, perfect rotation gives a second conflag for a massive boost in dps)

I hope this at least helps you out a bit.
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

Quote Originally Posted by ceyara
    My rotation has been giving me 6k-7.1k.
    CoA>Immolate>(Instant) Conflagerate > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate til immolate near finish ( > conflag, *you should be able to clip this, perfect rotation gives a second conflag for a massive boost in dps)
    Hi, I am deep destruction and i am still not able to get the dps over 4.6k on patchwerk fight in a 25man raid with moonkin/prist/pala.... I really would like to see some numbers from you if its possible tanx. My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fire&n=Pezhman

I have never ever reached >5k i would like to know how u manage to do it.

Keep in mind my guildies have almost same gear as me, and i am easily beaten by Hunters/rogues/mages/Spriest on Patchwerk. I usually manage 4k but if i bust my fingers and dont miss any conflagrate/CB cooldowns i can do 4.6k So i wonder if its me that doing something wrong or is it blizzard that fucked deep destruction warlocks ?

We have 2 other locks 0/41/30 and they doing a bit better then me but not by much they usually end up top 8. btw i recently respecced to change things a bit like removing points from F & B and get corruption in rotations but the result was the same. i had the hero head before havent gemed the new one yet.

Go affliction ...
    end of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Pezhman
    Hi, I am deep destruction and i am still not able to get the dps over 4.6k on patchwerk fight in a 25man raid with moonkin/prist/pala.... I really would like to see some numbers from you if its possible tanx. My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fire&n=Pezhman

I have never ever reached >5k i would like to know how u manage to do it.

Keep in mind my guildies have almost same gear as me, and i am easily beaten by Hunters/rogues/mages/Spriest on Patchwerk. I usually manage 4k but if i bust my fingers and dont miss any conflagrate/CB cooldowns i can do 4.6k So i wonder if its me that doing something wrong or is it blizzard that fucked deep destruction warlocks ?

We have 2 other locks 0/41/30 and they doing a bit better then me but not by much they usually end up top 8. btw i recently respecced to change things a bit like removing points from F & B and get corruption in rotations but the result was the same. i had the hero head before havent gemed the new one yet.
    Most of the really high dps numbers are due to bloodlust and heroism, potions of speed...if you do not have those you will more than likely not break 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie
    I think you may want to change your rotation to:

COA/CB/Immo/Conflag/Incinerate

You certainly do not want to use COE as Gog mentioned.

You may also want to drop shadow fury and points in Soul Leech/Improved soul leech to fill out fire and brimstone.
    He is correct about COE...it does not stack with boomkin/DK damage buff abilities.

But in a 5 man instance if I do not have boomkin or dk should I do corr and coe or still just coa cb immo cf spam incen

Quote Originally Posted by yousathra
    But in a 5 man instance if I do not have boomkin or dk should I do corr and coe or still just coa cb immo cf spam incen
    coa, corr

I tend to use CoE if theres any real need for it, like a caster in the group, pallies appreciate it too. I'f its just me casting I use CoA however, 2 second ticks rock for proccing MC.

Deleted

I dont know how you guys cant reach higher than 3k in a 25 man raid. I reached 5.5k dps on 10 man patchwerk. I think I will break like 6-7k on naxx25 tonight.

These numbers are ofc not overall, these numbers are during bl and such things like that.

even though, i cant beat a fury warrior in my guild, he is insane!

I'm reading the forums for quite some time and one thing bothers me to the point that i decided to post in this thread.

Why people keep posting "I did 5,5k+ dps" while this is made with potion on Bl/hero? Sure it looks nice but I can claim that my lock does 9k+ dps when I mesure dps of my Cb,Inc,Inc combo during heroism+backdraft while I score 3 consecutive crits. It looks nice does it? Still its not even remotly close to what my class can do during whole encounter.

My best result on patchwork pre 3.0.8 was 4,6k dps with 0/17/54 (no Conf). This gave me 4th place in overal dmg bellow hunters 5-5,2k. Overal dmg I do in Nax 25 is betwen 3-3,8k depending on an encounter.

so, with some of the statements in here, is CoE completely useless for destro locks when not grouped with a paly tank or ever? Should I ALWAYS be using CoA?

right now, against bosses my progression is CoE>Corr>Immolate>Conf>CB>Inc (w trinket) x3>Conf then repeat back to the Corr.

In a raid if you have a DK with unholy presence, or a boomkin with 13% dmg increase, there is no need to apply COE.

Both classes and specs are essential for a successful raid.