Page 1 of 2
LastLast

shadow word :pain doing low dmg

hi , i dont know if there are other threads about this , but when i was on malygos yesterday and on thaddius today i noticed that sw didnt get the dmg increase from the buffs we get from those bosses, its quiet a bit of dps im loosing on it so just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this also, and if anyone knows if this is happening with other buffs, like trinkets .
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Re: shadow word :pain doing low dmg

known bug (see http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16845)

but with the "a more powerful spell is active"bug when trying to overcast swp fixed, its not really an issue anymore. just overcast your swp at the time you gained those buffs.

Did you cast SW:P before or after these buffs were applied? What buffs do you specifically mean? Are we talking Imp Scorch for example?

SW:P will on calculate the buffs at time of casting, the MF refresh doesn't apply new stacks of SW or Imp Scorch... it will however recalculate temp SP gains from trinkets and the like.

Kinda need more info to understand what problem you noticed.

Because it's also really important to top dps on those two fights....

thanks for the answers, i wasnt refreshing it when i got those buffs, i was just using mindflay to refresh it . Nezoia i didnt mean it in that way , i just used those fights as an example as i noticed it on them first, but if its not gaining bonus dmg from those , then what else isnt it gaining from, so plz try and make your reply/answer a bit more helpfull , thanks

DoTs don't gain the bonus damage from lol abilities like Power Spark or Positive/Negative Charge, unless they are reapplied.

And as people said, Pain & Suffering is failing to read from the current modifiers (Temporary buffs, and/or Shadow Weaving).

But the dps on those fights are super irrelevant for overall performance, so I don't understand why anyone would even bother to think about it.

Obviously the issue with P&S is there, but that's been reported since WotLK beta, and Blizzard is yet to fix it...

this might be a silly question, but recent I've gone into fights with

VT - MB - MF - DP and then SWP once I have 5 stacks of vun. Is this the right way to start as it's like 5-6 secs before SWP goes up...

Yes, getting 5 stacks before applying SW:P up is alpha&omega. How you do it it's up to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    But the dps on those fights are super irrelevant for overall performance, so I don't understand why anyone would even bother to think about it.
    Yes, why would people want their class to have correct maths when doing dps, it's so totally ungraspable by mortal's mind and shouldn't be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Yes, why would people want their class to have correct maths when doing dps, it's so totally ungraspable by mortal's mind and shouldn't be brought up.
    /agree
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

It's the discussion of a very marginal dps increase of a single ability, on TWO encounters in the game.

And the hard part about those encounters is not dps, it's correct movement/positioning.

1. He pointed out that he noticed SW:P doing low damage during the encounter... I don't read where it says "shit on this encounter I can't do enough dps, whats going on".

2. He clarified his question by stating that he just happen to notice it on this encounter and wanted to know why it was occuring.

I'm not sure how your replies were constructive.

It's the discussion of a very marginal dps increase of a single ability, on TWO encounters in the game.
    Well it does not work properly, it totally doesn't mater even if it's 1dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Well it does not work properly, it totally doesn't mater even if it's 1dps increase.
    So should we start to bitch about VT and Dev.P. not checking per tick either?

Or how about we check up on our warlock friends, who got FOUR (can be five) debuffs up with ZERO benefit from it as well?

I wouldn't be surprised if Haunt refreshment of Corruption got same bug as SW:P.

So should we start to bitch about VT and Dev.P. not checking per tick either?

Or how about we check up on our warlock friends, who got FOUR (can be five) debuffs up with ZERO benefit from it as well?

I wouldn't be surprised if Haunt refreshment of Corruption got same bug as SW:P.

if vt and dp arnt working as intended then yes we should , and if locks are dealing with the same issue then it is a problem that should be fixed, however thats for locks to bring up , this is priest forum.
    Anyway thanks to the ppl who decided to reply to this thread and answer my question.

The thing is, the spells ARE working as intended. And they removed the no-override error for SW:P in 3.0.8

I guess it's just for efficiency reasons they don't recalculate dot damage on a tick to tick basis, which would have been much more convenient.

It used to do that though didn't it? Not with regard to your current spellpower, but unless I'm mistaken it used to check for debuffs like Improved Shadow Bolt and Shadow Weaving for each tick.

We want that.

Nope, it never did. The community reported it as a bug in beta, but Blizzard never confirmed if they found it intended behaviour or not.

Most likely, because they can't deside. And because the technology used for P&S , and warlock's Haunt (which is a direct copy of Deadly Poison), is not up to date with how we'd like it to work.

I thought that all the elitist self absorbed pricks like Nezoia here died when Curse and Nihilum joined forces for a mass suicide attempt.
    Guess i was wrong

Atleast I'm elite, and you're non-elite. Win situation for me.