Divine shield wtf?

Give Divine Shield A Cast Time (Source)

I enjoyed the fact that you feel up to four seconds is reasonable.

Ok, what? 4 second cast time on bubble? I dont what retarded paladin said anything like that, but..........
    What?!

4 second cast time for 12 seconds of immunity?

WHAT?!

Discuss.

Re: Divine shield wtf?

QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeness83
    Give Divine Shield A Cast Time (Source)

I enjoyed the fact that you feel up to four seconds is reasonable.

Ok, what? 4 second cast time on bubble? I dont what retarded paladin said anything like that, but..........
    What?!

4 second cast time for 12 seconds of immunity?

WHAT?!

QQ
    Fixed it for you

Yeah its qq, that takes away about 20% of our pvp survivability. Its like taking the ability to run like a douche bag away from druids and priests.

well I understand, I'm not like dissing u or anything.

But if they do add the casting time, they might give the damange back upto 100% again?

Ummm yeah, not gonna happen. :
    Nice work on adding an extra line to Eyonix quote that he didn´t type, making the whole message do a 180.

Source http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...97491637&sid=1

15+ Year Old Account

4 seconds is a little much. 1.5 i could handle.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

He was commenting on the original posters suggestion, it appeared to be said in jest.

Paladins are vary much balanced around Divine Shield, in face even with it Paladins have limited survivability in PvP, ATM they are a bit over powered but only because Burst damage is out of control. Divine Shield gives them 18 Second of complete freedom that no other caster has and if used properly can vary easily make or break a match for them. Why is it that no one remembers Season 1, when all the same "Bubble QQ" posts were made. By the end of Season 2 almost everyone had all but forgotten Paladins in favor of Druids or Priests

My opinion is that if Divine Shield receives a cast time, all similar abilities should receive the same cast time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

i think divine shield should be usable only out of combat

there you go

Quote Originally Posted by Cain

there you go
    this..

3 words tbh...
    1)Get
    2)A
    3)Priest

This won't happen, its a retarded idea from someone who is annoyed that they couldn't kill a paladin as quickly as they had wanted in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    He was commenting on the original posters suggestion, it appeared to be said in jest.

Paladins are vary much balanced around Divine Shield, in face even with it Paladins have limited survivability in PvP, ATM they are a bit over powered but only because Burst damage is out of control. Divine Shield gives them 18 Second of complete freedom that no other caster has and if used properly can vary easily make or break a match for them. Why is it that no one remembers Season 1, when all the same "Bubble QQ" posts were made. By the end of Season 2 almost everyone had all but forgotten Paladins in favor of Druids or Priests

My opinion is that if Divine Shield receives a cast time, all similar abilities should receive the same cast time.
    Then you should also give all those similar abilites the option of doing something when immune.

Iceblock - just sit and chill and hope for a heal.

Deterrance - pretty much the same, well you can put out a trap, and the immunity only lasts for 5 seconds... and only from the front.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cain

there you go
    And destroy the spells usefulness in PvE as well... You sir are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Clame
    3 words tbh...
    1)Get
    2)A
    3)Priest
    Agreed... Or better yet, DPS Paladin force a bubble, wait 18 Sec then kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin
    This won't happen, its a retarded idea from someone who is annoyed that they couldn't kill a paladin as quickly as they had wanted in PvP.
    Bingo! We have a winner. Everyone made the same claims about Paladins in S1, they quickly faded a few weeks in to Season 2 when Priest and Druids made their push in the Arenas with their new found PvP Gear and higher Resil/Health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

And destroy the spells usefulness in PvE as well... You sir are an idiot.

Agreed... Or better yet, DPS Paladin force a bubble, wait 18 Sec then kill them.

Bingo! We have a winner. Everyone made the same claims about Paladins in S1, they quickly faded a few weeks in to Season 2 when Priest and Druids made their push in the Arenas with their new found PvP Gear and higher Resil/Health.
    DS has never lasted 18 sec and prolly never will it has always been 12 sec

Bélthazor Destruction Warlock
    Greviouz Retribution Paladin

This must be a joke.
    After the 50% dmg done nerf in devine shield this retarded change suggested by a lolbloom druid would be way to much.This skill would transform into an avenging wrath TBC version for arenas.

It's quite likely that this is exactly what's going to happen (again).

Warrior / Paladin was never OP back in S1 due to the things they nerfed at the time (BoSac, BoF and the like), it was simply because Warriors (and melees in general) were able to dish out massive burst with the PvE-gear and craftable Weapons available whilst their Paladin healer was the only healing class that could not be bursted down that easily. A reasonably well played Paladin will get away at least once - no matter what.

Once Resilience and HP went up, the offensive support of for example shamans or the insane survivability and mana efficiency of Priests and Druids were much more desirable than the initial survivability of an otherwise very vulnerable Paladin. Beinc CC'ed to oblivion or manaburned within the initial minute of a match is something every Arena-healing Paladin knows by heart.

The only real advantages the healing Paladin received with LK are a vastly superior mana pool (if he is able to DP unpurged, unfocused and not sacrificing a teammate due to insufficient HPS) and, properly specced, additional Stun-protection and the ability to kite rather well.

What all players do not (and will never ever) understand is that Divine Shield is an integral part of a Paladins toolkit. A Paladin is no longer the "healing fortress" he represented in lvl 60 PvP pre BC who stands right in the middle of the battle and just takes the hits. But still, he is not able to get away from what's hurting him like a Druid (or even Shaman nowadays) and he has not even half the priests arsenal for self-protection. Once you nail him down (and that's easier as some people think) he will die sooner than any other healing class. That alone justifies his "I'll live this one time"-Button.

Of course, this perspective is quite distorted at the moment with massive burst-dmg dominating PvP and rogues being able to kill whatever healer they like within the initial ChS / KS unless they get out of the stun and away asap. But believe me - even the little advantage that Paladins have wearing plate is no more than cosmetics as long as you still get 10k Ambushes or even 9,5k Kittycat Ferocious Bites on ~ 22k AC. And once the Priest/Shaman/Druid survives the initial burst they are way better of than the Paladin.

Divine Shield should last 30s and incur no penalties.

Holy Light reduces the time by 3s
    Holy Shock reduces the time by 2s
    FoL reduces the time by 1s cast, 2s instant

Hammer of Justice and Repentance reduces the time by 5s

Hammer of Righteousness, Avenger's Shield and Holy Shield reduces the time by 6s

Crusader Strike and Judgments reduces the time by 8s

Divine Storm and Consecration reduces the time by 10s

Or make the cool down only three minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clame
    3 words tbh...
    1)Get
    2)A
    3)Priest
    im sorry i cant do that whilst stunned.

Nah man. That shit wasn't luck. This was divine intervention.

WRONG. This shit doesn't just HAPPEN. What happened here was a fuckin miracle and I WANT YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT!

Moral of the story here is I didn't see Joules take no four mother fuckin seconds to cast a mother fuckin bubble.