Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Mutilate Raiding for dummies.

After raiding as Mutilate spec 51/13/7 since WOTLK, I've pretty much have grown to love the spec. Imo it requires a lot more attention and spur of the moment actions than the other specs whilst paying attention to your surroundings (i.e. fissure, flame wall, etc.).

Anyways, I am posting to ask if anybody have tried Mutilate on the PTR? I tried for a few minutes last night and realized a (small increase) in DPS on the Heroic Raid dummy. Sorry, I do not have WWS or recount screen shots, but I am most confident the DPS was not maximized due to a number of missing glyphs:

-Glyph of HfB (another 3% increase)
    -Glyph of Mutilate (w/ 4 set T7 brings down required energy of Mutilate to 52)

I am wondering if any other Mutilate rogues have tested (and can show me screenshots) of their DPS with proper glyphs? Also, the spec I was trying out was:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...0&version=9626

I sacrificed Relentless Strikes (Suicidal) to get 10% haste. I hate having to spec out of something so important to get the 10% haste. What do you guys think?

My rotation:
    1. Garrote
    2. HfB
    3. SnD
    4. Mutilate up to 4 or 5 combo pts
    5. Envenom
    6. Mutilate up to 4 or 5 combo pts
    7. Rupture
    8. Repeat steps 2,4-7

I generally let Rupture tick all the way through before reapplying it, but I made sure I only refreshed HfB only when needed -- there were times where I was able to Mutilate up to 4-5 combo pts and use envenom twice before I had to refresh Rupture & HfB (due to lucky crits for +2 energy).

I do not have access to armory website from my work but I have linked my gear through Armory Lite:
    http://armorylite.com/us/Burning+Blade/Blurr

Future of Mutilate --

Glyphs: Rupture, HfB, Mutilate.
    Daggers: Slow / Slow
    Spec: Same, more on 10% Haste vs. Relentless Strikes below. (we may even have to take 1/2 or 2/2 Imp. Slice and Dice, depending on T8 set bonuses)

First, I run IP/IP/Evis, So I love haste and fast daggers, right now. However with the poison changes a slow dagger is much more potent than a fast dagger, but we're going to lose a lot of Focused Attacks procs, and Glyph of Slice and Dice - cramming our rotation. This is primarily why Relentless Strikes is going to be so valuable.

I don't think losing RS is possible really. On my Patchwerk kill tonight, it was 52% of my energy regen, and I'm using 2xWD. I was missing WF, but even then with 1.4 speed daggers it's HALF of my energy return.

Indeed not taking Relentless Strikes never seem cleaver. It have always been a must in my book, and with reason :x
    I don't know if i agree with daggers being slow/slow, a medium or fast offhand dagger will never be bad, it seems likely to me that its just whatever dagger is highest leveled one would want to wield, which would currently make it dual Sinister Revenge that you want to have in store for when 3.1 hits.
    And there is always the chance that we have to keep the Slice and Dice glyph if we lose too much energy regernation, going from 1.4 base speed to 1.8. I don't know if it have been comfirmed that we can skip that glyph yet, but it seems highly likely.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Hopefully the reduced cost of mutilate from glyph will compensate for the loss of focused attack regeneration switching to slower weapons. It should, because i know plenty of people using SR/WD right now and they're not having an issue with energy regeneration.

so I'm curious to if further testing into 10% vs Relentless Strikes has been done...?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurrr
    so I'm curious to if further testing into 10% vs Relentless Strikes has been done...?
    I've made the (ever-so-easy) modification to the Roguecraft Spreadsheet and found that - Yes, taking 10% haste grants more DPS than Relentless Strikes, by a very marginal degree. However the slight increase is impossible because the Slice and Dice uptime dropped below 100%. Meaning that the rotation to keep Slice and Dice up 100% of the time would lower the DPS so much and would cancel out that increase by some exponent. All-in-all, stick with Slow / Slow and Relentless Strikes in 3.1 (thus far.)

Note: I believe I conducted the test with Sinister Revenge x2, perhaps with a medium speed dagger (Murder, currently) we would see a 100% uptime in Slice and Dice and that marginal increase. I don't know.. keep Relentless Strikes or go Combat if you really want that haste :x.

So now with IP being on a PPM and the Envenom glyph (don't consume deadly posion stacks), it would be in our best interest to get the hardest hitting weapon possible now which would also be the slowest weapon out there. Any thoughts?
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder
    So now with IP being on a PPM and the Envenom glyph (don't consume deadly posion stacks), it would be in our best interest to get the hardest hitting weapon possible now which would also be the slowest weapon out there. Any thoughts?
    Pretty much. The energy return from FA is pretty much a push with regards to the extra damage from your Mutilates, so it really comes down to which dagger has the best stats (or is a whole tier ahead, like SR).

Deleted

Re: Mutilate Raiding and various info.

i don't clearly understand Adriana's post? 51-18-2 will rule in 3.1 for muti rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasok
    51-18-2 will rule in 3.1 for muti rogues?
    That post was made a few weeks ago and since then Aldriana has stated that 51/13/7 is significantly better than 51/18/2.

honestly man thank u so much, ive just recently lvled my rogue from lvl 19 , im at 72 now , but i was sub for most of his life and didnt rly know much about the other tree's, i respecced muti the other day and was finding it a big change, im slowly getting used to it now but this thread will help me so much, im still finding it difficult to keep an eye on hfb when were doing boss's in heroics, but i guess practice will fix that , and those addons should help alot to , thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw
    That post was made a few weeks ago and since then Aldriana has stated that 51/13/7 is significantly better than 51/18/2.
    So the standard cookie-build will still be the way to go?
    With the change of TtT to MP instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya
    So the standard cookie-build will still be the way to go?
    With the change of TtT to MP instead?
    Apparently so unless you have cycle stability issues then you would take a point out of precision, put it into imp. snd and just make the lost hit % up through gear.

What do you guys think of 52/12/7? Any input? I seem to do better DPS with it in Naxx.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...iend&n=Barlokk

Vigor in PvE is bad, I know it's a very short and lacking answer but it's the truth.

Hi Grindfreak.

I wanna ask u and others what u think about the engineering glove enchant.
    Im currently using it and it gives me 340 haste for 10 secs on a 1 min cd.
    I like it and i think its debatable if i should definetly get the 44 ap glove enchant.

What is your thoughts on that?

I tried to sum up all the posts above, but I'm still a bit confused... stop me if I'm wrong.
    Spec won't change from the classic 51\13\7, with TtT given up in favor of Master Poisoner.
    Glyphs will be HfB, Rupture and Mutilate.
    But what about weapons and poisons? Best will be Slow\Slow or the highest iLvl you can catch? And for poison will we go for Ip\Dp or vice versa?

Thanks in advance!

OH has a slight preference for fast, but it's not enough to break tier (ilvl) for unless the higher one is really poorly itemized. It's Instant main, Deadly off for sure.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mutilate Raiding 3.1 and various info.

It should be up to date now.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."