The all too common, "How to 'fix' my DPS".

Currently, I'm running the usual 54/0/17 Affliction spec. I've heavily researched each spec, attempting nearly all specs, but gain the best results from Affliction.I have run and cleared nearly every content (Excluding 3 Drake Sartharian 10/25 Man), I have somewhat decent gear for raiding, but struggle at obtaining high DPS in fights such as Patchwerk and Thaddius. While Hunters/Ret Pallys/Warriors are scraping around 8k+ Dps on say, Thaddius, I can only muster 6.1k~ and only 4.2k~ on Patchwerk.

My gear is the following: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Thedutchess
    I've tried other specs, but find them increasingly boring.

My rotation is SB, Haunt, UA, Immo, Corr, SL, CoA. Usually have Moonkin and on occasion Shadow Priest in raid.
    I use DoTimer, and my Dot rotation is fairly accurate, keeping them up doesn't seem to be a real issue with me.

Just wanted to see if I had a problem in my spec, an issue in my rotation, or if its just DoT uptimes.

Thanks for any replies in response. (Yes first post >.>)

*Edit*: I am currently using Imp as pet. I have CoA, Immo and SL as my Glyphs.

Re: The all too common, "How to 'fix' my DPS".

that dps is not that bad... use drain soul instead of shadow bolt under 25% and always use (fully buffed)doomguard on patchwerk and similar fights

I use DS @ 25% less, and usually use Infernal on Patch.

You said you're 54/0/17 and use an imp. Why not fit in 3 points for improved imp? I would lose death's embrace for improved imp because I always find the last 35% of fights to be really short because of execute/DS/HOW/kill shot spam. As for myself I tried using the imp as affliction, decided it ran out of mana too fast and went back to felhunter.

I don't really see the point in stressing the "dot rotation" seeing as after the initial 6 second window that you put them all up you obviously reapply them according to when they wear off.

Your dps is good. Honestly, you probably won't reach what wars and hunters put out just because those classes scale better, have overbudgeted 51 point talents in TG/Exp Shot, and better capability to put out dps in general.

in thadius man melee going to wtf with lock cuz we need wait stack buff for start trow dots again last time our war do Deep wound for 12k ... kinda nasty

okay @ first i would move 1 point to molten core, get it out of Amplify Curse oder Eradication

if u have a balance druid oder a shadowpriest in your raid hit cap is @ 11% get rid of ur ugly + hit trinket and get the HEAL trinket for Emblems it procs of Fel Armor

Get used to your rotations check your dot uptime via wws

@ the guy who mentioned not to skill death's embrace ... this the most stupid thing i've read for a long time

this the most stupid thing i've read for a long time
    Same here.