Improved demonic tactics broken ???

Hello fellas,
    i was experimenting with some specs these days and tried demo aswell....

First i did:
    -Spec down to Felguard without speccing Improved demonic tactics.
    then:
    -Let the Felguard beat on a dummy for ~15minutes

Result: Critchance of white hits ~20%

Second i did:
    -Spec down to Felguard with Improved demonic tactics.
    then:
    -Let the Felguard beat on a dummy for ~15minutes

Result: Critchance of white hits ~20%

So what went wrong ? Is the talent just broken ?
    It says: "Increases your summoned demons critical strike chance equal to 30% of your critical strike chance"
    Hmm... would Blizz actually mean my melee-critchance ?... in any other talent regarding critchances, it says spell-critchance specifically.
    Would i actually benefit from leader of the pack and other meleecrit-improving buffs to give 30% of it to my Felguard ??? i dont really think so.

thoughts plz

Re: Improved demonic tactics broken ???

Well its hard to make an observation without you stating what your own crit rating % is on person. Since you haven't been playing a demo I'm going to say around 13% in which your not going to really see to much of a difference. I personally only spec'd 2 training into it and Majority of the crits I see come from his Cleave. Also its consistant enough to keep a constant raid buff up having 28% unbuffed atm. So raid buffed in the 30's. So not sure if you let him run oom and he wasn't using cleave as often or what?

my lock:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...d&n=Destromath

my basic question was: does my felguard benefit from my spell or melee critchance ?

my meleecritchance is 17% unbuffed, which would boost my felguards critchance by 5,1%
    my spellcritchance is 22% unbuffed, which would boost my felguards critchance by 6,6%

letting my felguard hit for 15minutes, statistics should be quite ok i think.

but still. i did not see any difference in my felguard´s critchance.
    in either case, my felguard´s critchance should be significantly higher when speccing Improved demonic tactics which would boost my felguards critchance by 5,1% (+5,1% beeing a total boost of more than 25%)

thanks for answering

I'd post this on dmg dealing or bug report official forums. I'm not aware of any known issue on it. I do know that even in 10's meta/ruin spec will keep pact up nearly full time if he can be attacking.

Ran a similar test w' glyph of searing pain once...casted 500 times each run and the crit chance came out less than 1% different on the before/after.

Given the bugs that plague our class I wouldn't be suprised if a few things were broken.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

As far as there being a bug with Improved Demonic Tactics- I can not confirm. Demonic Empathy clearly states that it only works with abilities and spells, aka not melee. I am not saying the same is the case with Improved Demonic Tactics, but I am saying I have seen worse from Blizz.

My thought is if you feel this is a real issue, document your information with your crit rating using a tool like wow web stats. Show it on the "known bugs" forum on wow's main forums with a link and see if it helps. Usually if you open a ticket GM's will tell you to post there about every conflict anyways. :P