Debating replacing tailoring

now i haven't dug through any blue posts trying to find hints toward tailoring boe/bop drops in Ulduar, but I'm currently an enchanter/tailor debating replacing tailoring with alchemy. did the math and it'd cost me about 800-1100 gold to get up to 400 alchemy straight from the AH, which isn't bad at all. i was looking for anyone who could find any sort of post or hint at tailoring being worth it in the future. currently all tailoring is giving me is my lightweave embroidery (a whole 1% of my DD in a 25) and less mats on my leg thread. not entirely worth it imo. any advice or info would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Debating replacing tailoring

well, cape enchant isnt bad and it can make quite a good pile of gold if you sell your cds

im a french canadian, so what?
    If you think i'm a small gnome, bend over so i can slap you.

Merlodicus

I have just dropped my tailoring for JC... And i think my embriodery on my cloak still procs... even though im not a tailor anymore. I'm not 100% sure wether tailoring will become anymore useful in the future but tbh for PvE/PvP... anything really... tailoring is only useful for the cheaper spellthread and embroidery... which tbh isnt really that good.

I had the same "dilemma", keep Tailoring or not. I desided already before LK to dump Tailoring and im very happy with that. You get better gear so fast in LK, its not like in TBC. Atm I have Enchanting+Herbing and I love it.

15+ Year Old Account

I think this question depends upon your style of play.

Are you an active raider, for whom good gear will be readily available via drops? Or are you less inclined to raid/pvp, in which case tailoring will be more viable as a means of keeping your gear competitive(ish)?

Alchemy isn't too expensive to level, true, but tailoring will be very expensive to re-level should new patterns become available which make tailoring viable again. Just a thought.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.