Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Blue posts, Blizzcast Episode 7

Quote Originally Posted by yhtomitn64
    So what you are saying is you are in this for the loot. You are not in this for progression, gameplay/mechanics or the social aspect?
    The four really have very little to do with each other.

Yes I like gear. Who doesn't? I only bother to worry about doing things when they are going to help me or my friends gear up. If they don't do that then they are pointless to me.

I could give a crap less about "progression". I don't care what I prove to the community. I think the fact that most guilds only worry about progression is what turns a lot of people off to raiding.

I don't need to be the most uber in game play and mechanics in this game honestly do suck for the most part.

I do care about the social aspect, but the social aspect of beating OS with 3 drakes up is just a joke. There is nothing social about it. Its simply putting up with 24 other people for long enough to get something accomplished. I get enough of that in the game called life. I want to actually enjoy what I'm doing when it comes to raiding not just holding my tongue long enough to ignore 24 people.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    you sir are a hypocrite.. you tell him that wanting blizzard to ban people on RP realms for not RPing is selfish.. yet you say that you want the game to be enjoyable by YOU all the time.. which is the exact same thing.
    No its not. Not at all. Yes I want the game to be enjoyable by me, but I'm not demanding Blizzard ban people to make it more enjoyable to me. If you don't see the difference you are the true hypocrite.

RP realms are made for.. duh RP.. if you aren't going to role play, why did you roll on an RP realm? Blizzard specifically states that RP realms have a strict rule-set. if you dont like it go roll on another server or be punished..
    People roll on various servers for very different reasons. As I have said, if everyone rolled on a RP server just to RP the servers would be empty.

same argument for rolling on a PVP server then crying about being ganked.
    Ganking is an acceptable player based aspect of a pvp server. Banning people for being OOC is not player based nor is it acceptable.

@the lore is pointless/dont care about lore comment... go back to playing FPS... or if you like quests that tell you to collect 10 things for no apparent reason go play KOREAN MMORPG #73 aka "Maple Story" or something ...
    I don't really pay attention to what the quest says other than quest helper telling me to go there and kill this then when it says complete I turn it in.

the game IS the lore. you are immersed in the world of warcraft.. without lore the game would be unplayable
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlander_III maybe? THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Plenty of people play this game that don't give a crap about the lore for many different reasons. I would say the vast majority are in this camp actually. If you say it is unplayable for them then please explain why they are playing it.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    Kinda. You should consider yourself lucky that you can voice your opinion. Almost every other company will never, ever, ever listen to any single word any of their players will say. Blizzard is an EXCEPTION in all this and LISTENS to us an TALKS with us. Do you have any idea how valuable that is?
    Actually I don't agree at all. Mythic, who is arguably Blizzard's biggest competitor, has a LONG tradition of always listening to players. The class leads were even players that were consulted for their ideas. I don't know how it works in WAR, but DAoC had a much better attitude when it came to listening to players. Other games have failed at listening to players at their ABSOLUTE detriment (these games include UO, SWG, EQ, EQ2 for starters).

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Those minor % matter 10x more than lore. Lore is pointless. Most of the story lines they dream up any good writer could do 100x better. If you like watered down story lines with pointless characters and horrible plot points go buy yourself a Stephen King novel.

Because requiring people to level a RP server every time they break the "RP rules" would probably leave that server completely barren?

You want Blizzard to ban people for not playing the game the way YOU think it should be played? Who the hell are you?

I really wish they would stop spending time on lore and start spending time on making a fun and playable game. I don't give a crap about lore. If I want to get into a story line I can go watch a video. I play this game because it is fun to actually PLAY the game, and making it more fun to PLAY the game is 10000x more important to me then giving it a mediocre story line.
    Just... lol ... :P

The only people who care so much about the "minor %'s" are people who are too obsessed with game mechanics and fail to see the big picture.

I wish Ghostcrawler would stop wasting his time posting on the forum, when most of the people don't have the wisdom to see the bigger picture past "he does 5% more damage then me, and despite everyone saying Nax is so EASY that is a MAJOR WORLD CRISES" -

If raids are so easy, why do people care so much about minor descrepencies? Its more of a personal 'I'm the best' Thing.

And I will include my own class in this, the amount of whining due to CoH nerfing is unreal. They are going to quieten the unruly masses with 3.1 buffs when Priests are already very good healers.

As for the whole RP thing? It is a Roleplaying realm. By choosing it as your realm you are saying you you WILL respect the RP rules. I'm not forcing people ot play my way. What a silly, silly arguement you have.

And RP realms are not some stupid PvE-Lite realm for guilds who want to look like great PvE guilds on a realm where most people don't care if you've killed Sarth 3 Drakes.

Finally, the lore is what made this game great, and more people enoy the lore in this game then even know, care or are even BOTHERED by all the silly things people are whining about on online forums.

Really don't turn this into a Theorycrafters vs Loremasters debate, because more people enjoy Arthas and the Lich King and his story then their spells doing xy% more then someone else. And Blizzard devs do not need people whining on forums to work out huge imabalances.

I don't really pay attention to what the quest says other than quest helper telling me to go there and kill this then when it says complete I turn it in.
    Seriously, your loss.

Blizzard spend a lot of their development time on the lore and the storylines and the characters. You are missing out on a big part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    Seriously, your loss.

Blizzard spend a lot of their development time on the lore and the storylines and the characters. You are missing out on a big part of the game.
    I am missing out on nothing. I could care less about the storyline of the game. The storyline of WoW is crap anyways. If I wanted to play a game for the storyline I'd go pick up the latest FF (or any other game made by Square Enix other than FFXI) because they actually know how to write storyline. Blizzard sucks at it. I have plenty of fun in this game without paying attention to their pathetic attempts at "lore". I don't have any issue with people that enjoy the lore until they start trying to shove that lore down people's throats. When people that enjoy the lore start saying stupid crap like DKs shouldn't be gnomes, because the LORE doesn't support it, it starts to piss me off. When people say stupider stuff like ban that dude because he was OOC it pisses me off more. If you don't like them being OOC then put them on ignore. I don't like people spamming trade with stupidity on normal servers and that is the only option I have.

So somebody who doesn't read any of the quest lore and just goes around with questhelper telling them exactly what to do thinks the lore is crap and Blizzard suck at storytelling? *yawn*

And I am not forcing Lore down peoples throats, unless they play on a Role-Playing realm which has Role-Playing rules *gasp*

I guess you are one of these people who want forsaken druids or something stupid and think Blizzard is lame for not doing it?

Not worth my time really Daez to despite this with you, simply put, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    So get the fuck rid of PVP? Easy solution.
    I <3 your thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    So get the fuck rid of PVP? Easy solution.
    Yes, get rid of PvP so we can have rogues go back to stroking their recount-lubed epeen. They're so lonely right now

Quote Originally Posted by Drslump
    I think Metzen is referring to Caine (From the TV show "Kung Fu" who roams the wild West) and not Kane (unsure which reference).
    Probably more likely the original Cain of Cain and Abel fame, who was (depending on your theological interpretation) cursed by God to roam the earth for eternity for the crime of fratricide. Vampire the Gathering had Cain as the father of Vampirism.

As to the quotes from GC, I really don't know why anyone from Blizzard bothers. They go to absolute pains to point out that they listen to all input from players, that they take that input and it affects their development, but that ultimately they are going to be the ones making the decisions because they have the overall picture in mind, and immediately people start posting OMG BLIZZ don't listen and don't care about us and want class X to be the whipping boy of WOW OMG oneoneone1111!!.

They should just take the approach Apple takes to development- tell nobody a damn thing until they're ready to release and take no frikkin input from anyone. Let's face it, we're all total addicts of this game, they'd lose no customers and they wouldn't have to deal with the snot-nosed little me-me-me OMG NERF kiddies that post every time they actually give us some insight into how they do things.

I am missing out on nothing. I could care less about the storyline of the game. The storyline of WoW is crap anyways. If I wanted to play a game for the storyline I'd go pick up the latest FF (or any other game made by Square Enix other than FFXI) because they actually know how to write storyline. Blizzard sucks at it. I have plenty of fun in this game without paying attention to their pathetic attempts at "lore". I don't have any issue with people that enjoy the lore until they start trying to shove that lore down people's throats. When people that enjoy the lore start saying stupid crap like DKs shouldn't be gnomes, because the LORE doesn't support it, it starts to piss me off. When people say stupider stuff like ban that dude because he was OOC it pisses me off more. If you don't like them being OOC then put them on ignore. I don't like people spamming trade with stupidity on normal servers and that is the only option I have.
    i understand your frustration to some degree but you are wrong in saying that blizzard is shitty at creating great lore. i agree that blizzard has become a bit lazy. but its much better than most of the BC quests and story. i guess the reason you are playing is to PVP. no offence to the "only" pvp players out there but most of you guys dont care about lore at all.

I am missing out on nothing. I could care less about the storyline of the game. The storyline of WoW is crap anyways. If I wanted to play a game for the storyline I'd go pick up the latest FF (or any other game made by Square Enix other than FFXI) because they actually know how to write storyline.
    Your argument would've been quite convincing if you'd at least picked a game series with well written storylines.

15+ Year Old Account

The reason I actually love Metzens stories is cause anyone who takes an interest can find a story they like in the Warcraft Universe. Yes we have our Cliche's but that's another good reason, just cause it's a cliche doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Plus i'm hoping that they really bring the old gods up as the REAL evil in Azeroth. Fighting humanoid bosses is great but fighting a boss that fills an entire room? not just flying orbs but tentacles instead flying everywhere!

The way i've seen the lore in WotLK so far is really a well put together segway into something bigger than our little emo bad guy. I have a feeling he's not even the tip of the Iceberg (get it? ).

Nethaera: Up next we have "The Story So Far" with Community Team Member Crygil with Senior Vice President of Creative Development Christ Metzen.
    no wonder WoW sells so well, they apparently have the new messias in their development team :

No its not. Not at all. Yes I want the game to be enjoyable by me, but I'm not demanding Blizzard ban people to make it more enjoyable to me. If you don't see the difference you are the true hypocrite.

People roll on various servers for very different reasons. As I have said, if everyone rolled on a RP server just to RP the servers would be empty.

Ganking is an acceptable player based aspect of a pvp server. Banning people for being OOC is not player based nor is it acceptable.

Plenty of people play this game that don't give a crap about the lore for many different reasons. I would say the vast majority are in this camp actually. If you say it is unplayable for them then please explain why they are playing it.
    who pissed in this guys cheerios? seriously. RP servers were created to give the players that want to RP a place to do so, sure its failed in many ways, but to say "Banning people for being OOC is not acceptable" is your OPINION, its against policy I say ban them. I would not expect to be banned for using a racial slur given the amount of crap GM's have to sift through on a daily basis but it would be acceptable to me if someone DID its against the policy.

Myself? I agree with you on alot of your realist points. RP servers would be nigh empty if they enforced the policy to the T. There is no way blizz could enforce that kind of rule anyway. I know a ton of players that blow through quests simply to get to max level fast, I also know alot of players who really ENJOY questing as crazy as that sounds to you and me. Part of the reason WoW has been such a well received game for so long is appeals to players of many demographics, let them play the game the way they see fit and you play the game the way you see fit.

As for the lore bit, I didnt believe I cared about lore or anything until I fought a few bosses on beta that were simple white boxes with white box spell attacks and no battle dialog/music/sound. It felt like I was back to the days of playing space invaders. The game has a very shallow and hollow feel to it striped of the lore/look/sound. How did you pick your first class for instance? based on what someone told you? or what you wanted to play based on the LORE inspired description? (sure to be fair they can be quite misleading/outdated but that decription is what blizz INTENDED this game to "feel" like class wise)

Please god dont be a troll...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    They need to start kicking OOC'rs off of the RP realms, and getting out the ban stick. Even a temp ban for being OOC (like a day, or a week on subsequent offences) would help so much.
    No. Why would you ban people for not being in Character, all the time.
    If people are plain rude while you are doing some RP, or shouting random S**T in /S /Y then yea, ban away...
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

(not quoting his posts since they are long and really pointless)

this: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore/ is probably what you want warcraft to be.

It's just a game.