Deleted

What staff to take?

So I'm a big fan of staves ;D, and already had staff of restraint, but received damnation yesterday because noone else needed so I rolled.

Now let's make a quick comparison,

Staff of Restraint:

+ 85 stamina
    + 108 intellect
    + 84 spirit
    68 critrating
    461 spellpower

Damnation:

+ 111 stamina
    + 86 intellect
    + 85 spirit
    91 critrating
    461 spellpower

so with staff of restraint I gain 22 intellect over damnation.

and with damnation I gain 26 stamina, 1 spirit and 23 critrating, but lose 22 intellect.

So should I go with the intellect or the crit, considering I have 24.9% crit and 20.2k mana with damnation and around 24.4% crit and 20.6k mana with staff of restraint.

Re: What staff to take?

Staves ftw! :>

So you end up choosing between 0.5% crit or 400 mana having a quick look at ur gear id go for 400 mana. I dont know alot of disc priests, but from my personal experience id go for mana. So that would be restraint.

Do like me and use Restraint for the look 8)

since stats-wise there are no staves that can compare to dagger/mace or even maexx-fist + offhand, just go for the one that looks cooler
    (which is clearly damnation !!)

Deleted

actually statwise I think staves are higher then a mainhand/offhand combo, it's usually on the spellpower part that staves are a bit lackluster.

edit: and mainhand/offhand allow for better personal gearing. like going with a crit mainhand and haste offhand.

Damnation is considered by many as the best staff in the game dps and healing wise. The difference in int is less than one healing spell. In the maly fight that extra stam will be nice, and I'm guessing there will be more fights in Ulduar with raid wide dmg done. If you are disc Damnation by far, but as holy it's pretty much a toss up. Do you want one more cast or more survivability/crit? I generally would go with survivability/crit but everyone plays the game differently. What I'm trying to say is you can't go wrong with either.

Deleted

I'm leaning more towards damnation, mostly for the dark looks ;D

And I agree with starlaxboy, survivability is an important point when it comes to progression raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlaxboy
    Damnation is considered by many as the best staff in the game dps and healing wise. The difference in int is less than one healing spell. In the maly fight that extra stam will be nice, and I'm guessing there will be more fights in Ulduar with raid wide dmg done. If you are disc Damnation by far, but as holy it's pretty much a toss up. Do you want one more cast or more survivability/crit? I generally would go with survivability/crit but everyone plays the game differently. What I'm trying to say is you can't go wrong with either.
    Flat Int > Flat crit, in that with Kings and Mental Strength, it gives 72% of the effect of flat crit, with the addition of more mana: (More max-mana, more Rapture, Shadow Fiend, Replenishment, Mana Tide... and the overpowered Arcane Torrent), so as far as Discipline goes, I'd take Restraint, myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    Do like me and use Restraint for the look 8)
    /signed

Such a beautiful stick >.>

Well I'm happy with torch/matriarchs spawn. (hell all of them are kinda good)

but as a Disc priest wouldn't the best be Spire of sunset?

I have to admit I do like wandering round with Charmed cierge - it's a kind of weird looking candlebra. Its interesting I reckon.

But for looks - I think I want an undeath carrier.

Deleted

So damnation is a throughput staff and restraint a longevity staff

Restraint indeed...
    Too bad I'm locked with the gay KT25 Mace, I wanted to equip a kickass looking staff >

take bloodboil staff. if any1 disrespects you, hit him in the teeth with the staff. end of story