Healing Focus/Silent Resolve

I put my Priest on a shelf a little while before LK was released and i've decided to dust him off recently. I apologize if this has been asked before. Can anyone give me some information on these two talents? I thought I heard that these two talents are useless. Is threat no longer an issue?
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

Re: Healing Focus/Silent Resolve

Silent Resolve: useless , and tanks do insane amount of threat these days.

Healing Focus: They changed how pushback works, alot of people don't mind raiding without the talent. I'd say it's up to you if you want the extra pushback reduction or not.

From the way it seems, Healing Focus would only scratch off a split second or so of casting time reduction

As far as Silent Resolve goes, I figured as much but wanted to confirm.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

I always spec into Healing Focus / Improved Shadowform. Pushback is bad, and it'll most likely be worse in harder content.

All talents still stack with conc aura, nothing changed there. You are still immune to pushback with talents and aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishypants
    I'm pretty sure they don't stack...
    They do, one is a buff, another is a passive talent.

They stack. You are push-back immune with bouth.

I appreciate the information. Try asking this in Allakhazam and get flamed.

Honestly if you're getting hit enough to need pushback reduction, you're probably doing something wrong.

You are actually wrong, you are looking at priest talents from the raid point of view - but that is not the hole game.
    PvE is just one of the games aspects - some people prefer it most but some of them does not like pve or just don't have enough time for it.
    From the pvp point of view both of that talents are must have.
    Actually there is no useless talents any more - all of them has its power in some situation PvE(raid, solo), PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Honestly if you're getting hit enough to need pushback reduction, you're probably doing something wrong.
    Nobody cares about current content anyway, Ulduar may have a few important encounters with massively pushback (Gurtogg Bloodboil anyone?), so it's important to know why the talent is still worth having in your build.

Current content is a joke you could heal with a 30/30/21 build.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Nobody cares about current content anyway, Ulduar may have a few important encounters with massively pushback (Gurtogg Bloodboil anyone?), so it's important to know why the talent is still worth having in your build.

Nez is cheating :< I want 81 talent points too!
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Oh fuck, my secret is out!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

uh..bloodboil i never needed pushback resistance

anyways yea, as has been stated now-a-days you need neither of those talents. if you magically pull aggro somehow then just fade and you will be fine by the time it wears off, and especially with the new pushback mechanics you dont need healing focus
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

If you only facerolled your CoH button , then yes you didden't had to have pushback resistance.

15+ Year Old Account

well when pom and coh are the most effective spells for that fight, its easy to do so
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right