Thread: UA vs Mage's

UA vs Mage's

So i was just world pvp-ing, i know its so rare hard to beleive it still exists, and there was a 80 mage flying around on his mount above me, so i throw up UA and corrp and CoA before he notices and starts flying up, and INSTANTLY UA gets removed! while he was on his mount and there was no damaging debuff that affected him .... i thought must have been seeing things, and then i saw it happen again, and again, and again.

Am i missing something here? do they have a talent that insta removes it while flying on a mount? or is this a bug that needs to be reported?

Re: UA vs Mage's

This is definitely strange. Mages can't remove magic without iceblock(which definitely can't be done mounted), and if they could you'd see the silence/damage affect from UA. On that note, i think aura swapping is the only thing that can be done while mounted by any class.

Were all dots removed when he flew upward, or just UA?

This sounds like a bug... unless blizzard implemented some system to remove dots from an enemy on a mount if they fly away out of combat to be fair to non-dotting QQers who are sick of dying because they go afk too low to the ground.

Slightly off topic... UA on mages and rogues... anyone else think iceblock should trigger the silence effect (can't really do damage since they're iceblocked) and CloS should cause the dispell damage (even if its just a 10% chance)?

Even more off topic... anyone ever found someone afk on a mount too high to reach, dropped a portal on the ground under them, flew up to them, dismounted, throw up as many dots as you can, and then portal right before you hit the ground so you dont die? Its awesome and hilarious!

going from your replys backwards, i do the portal trick all the time to people, and no the UA would tick 1 tick on the mage and then instantly remove its self but he didn't take the dispell damge or silence and my CoA and Corr stayed on him and he didn't fly that high up from me just high enough that he was out of m range and coudln't cast anymore but i could still target him

Yeah, that's strange. Definitely sounds like a bug. I have yet to see it, hopefully it was just that one occurrence. It would suck to have one less dot to gank unsuspecting floaters. (:

this is why i try not to pvp ever cause i makes me really hate the game. i was fighting another lock, and i was on a flyer and he dotted me wit 2 dots but i started flying up up up up up up up till i hit the ceiling, and i still had like 4k health after teh dots were off me, then i see the lock coming up on his flyer gets next to me, dots me up and he falls, i die pretty fast and on my way down falling, i see him on his flyer, almost impossible for him to get to the ground and live / get within range to use his portal and get back on his mount and fly back up in the air, leading me to beleive that he re-mounted in mid air.....

how many times to do see shit in PVP that just make u question....

Quote Originally Posted by Bambikiller
    this is why i try not to pvp ever cause i makes me really hate the game. i was fighting another lock, and i was on a flyer and he dotted me wit 2 dots but i started flying up up up up up up up till i hit the ceiling, and i still had like 4k health after teh dots were off me, then i see the lock coming up on his flyer gets next to me, dots me up and he falls, i die pretty fast and on my way down falling, i see him on his flyer, almost impossible for him to get to the ground and live / get within range to use his portal and get back on his mount and fly back up in the air, leading me to beleive that he re-mounted in mid air.....

how many times to do see shit in PVP that just make u question....
    sounds like you got out played

Look at Mage Armor too, reduces duration of magical debuffs by 50%. So fair.

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-793881.jpg
    Farming Resist Sets & Attunements > Instance Gating

but if u reduce it by 50% it should still do more then 1 tick and then off, its like a 12 second tick or something like that