Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What's best to level 70-80?

I've got my priest to level 70. What's the fastest way to level to 80?

Re: What's best to level 70-80?

Why do people still get the impression that talent builds that do less damage and have worse regen, is better for leveling, when leveling is ... killing stuff -- something that requires doing damage, and costs mana, hence regen is nessary.

It's really obvious.

Shadow still melts faces extremely quickly and now you get aoe to help melt those faces. You can also probably solo the majority of 2-3 player quests by doing enough damage to burn down the mob while still healing yourself.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Why do people still get the impression that talent builds that do less damage and have worse regen, is better for leveling, when leveling is ... killing stuff -- something that requires doing damage, and costs mana, hence regen is nessary.

It's really obvious.
    Which is why I can see holy as obviously not being a choice unless all you want to do is pug instances constantly, but discipline may lack damage but at level 70 it arguably has the same amount of mana regen and lower mana costs than shadow with almost competitive damage.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

It's really obvious.
    I would say it's subjective more then anything else.but i wanted to ask what others thought about it

15+ Year Old Account

I leveled as discipline with 5/5 spirit tap and between reflective shield, dots, and nukes my damage/regen was ok. I wish I would of leveled as shadow (mainly for the +hit from talents, and more damage), but alas I didn't :P

Edit: I thought more about how slow it was to kill without my partner.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Which is why I can see holy as obviously not being a choice unless all you want to do is pug instances constantly, but discipline may lack damage but at level 70 it arguably has the same amount of mana regen and lower mana costs than shadow with almost competitive damage.
    I'm Disciplin 3-4 days a week, no the killing-mobs-abilities (aka. grinding) is utterly shit compared to shadow.

Smite, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    might be the same mana regen but if it takes 5 min to kill a same lvl mob whats the point. you will be at full mana but as shadow you could have been on your eighth mob. shadow does a ton more dps than disc. like said before if you only want to lvl in instances go healing spec, if you want to grind go shadow...

I leveled as Shadow. I had BT/Hyjal gear going in and I didn't start to replace until 65+ or something? Though tbh I could have been ignorant on upgrades because I didn't want to replace epics with greens so it wasn't that much of an advantage. I believe I sat and drank 4-5 times total leveling from 70-80 and it was probably because of imminent PvP.
    A buddy of mine leveled as Disc. He was usually teamed with a rogue but he did just fine solo. I believe he used Holy Nova whenever he could AoE, not sure.
    So I guess if your solo Shadow is probably the easiest/fastest. If your grouped up then it doesn't matter. Also, everyone gets Mind Sear at level 75 so AoE is np.