Looking for addon: Effects/performance profile

Hey.

I've got myself a new computer, which makes me able to run on max. settings everywhere but in the bigger cities like Dalaran.

So I was wondering if there is an addon which makes it possible to make profiles for the effect-settings and then change them fast or even having an addon, which detects the different zones and changes the settings automatically.

Do any of you know such an addon or if there is any addon developers out there, maybe you can tell me if this is even possible?

- Snuzzer

Re: Looking for addon: Effects/performance profile

Hi,

This probably won't help much, but might point you in the right direction.

When I used to use Mazzle UI, he had a button on this that would change the addon profiles / video settings to increase your performance in cities.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

There are 2. The first is gfxToggle, which lets you save graphics settings and switch on a button/macro click/press. The second is DynamicPerformance, which like it says is a dynamic adjustment to (try to) keep you at a minimum fps setting. I prefer the second, but you described more the first.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    There are 2. The first is gfxToggle, which lets you save graphics settings and switch on a button/macro click/press. The second is DynamicPerformance, which like it says is a dynamic adjustment to (try to) keep you at a minimum fps setting. I prefer the second, but you described more the first.
    DynamicPerformance seems like a great addon, but sadly it doesn't work. It shows an error. gfxToggle works fine though. Thanks for your help!

If anybody knows an addon like DyanmicPerformance, please tell me, would be great tot ry it out. Until then, I'll stick with gfxToogle.

EDIT: gfxTogggle ain't working right. It doesn't change settings when I change zone.

15+ Year Old Account

maximum?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzer
    DynamicPerformance seems like a great addon, but sadly it doesn't work. It shows an error. gfxToggle works fine though. Thanks for your help!

If anybody knows an addon like DyanmicPerformance, please tell me, would be great tot ry it out. Until then, I'll stick with gfxToogle.

EDIT: gfxTogggle ain't working right. It doesn't change settings when I change zone.
    Look in the comments for DP, there's a link to a fixed one that works correctly (or was a while ago; I'll upload my copy if it's missing). And I never used the auto-zone feature of gfxT2, so I dunno. I macroed it and switched manually when I was going to go to Shatt (last time I used it).

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    maximum?
    It's defaulted at "27 fps." If your fps drops below that, it cranks back effects to get your back up there. If it's over that, it'll spike UP effects to make everything as pretty as possible till it's maxed everything you can adjust without a reload.

Look in the comments for DP, there's a link to a fixed one that works correctly (or was a while ago; I'll upload my copy if it's missing). And I never used the auto-zone feature of gfxT2, so I dunno. I macroed it and switched manually when I was going to go to Shatt (last time I used it).
    Please do so (upload your version), seems like the curse page of the old Dynamic Performance has been removed, so we can't see the comments, I'd love to have this addon

Quote Originally Posted by Hannesv
    Please do so (upload your version), seems like the curse page of the old Dynamic Performance has been removed, so we can't see the comments, I'd love to have this addon
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Awesome! Thank you very much mate!