Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arena rating system changes, Blue posts

A lot of the Ulduar/New Factions etc... look like they could be legit. They seems to be well thought out, if they are fake, and whoever made them seems to have put a lot of effort into making them look effective.

C
    x

IMO someone got a hold of the official patch notes and added a bunch of crap to them. The official patch notes should only have general info like ulduar and some bugfixes.

Whomever created these notes really did their homework, then. A lot of these changed were subtle comments from Blizzard about possibly happening, not mention many simple bugs.

I have to agree with some of the more recent posts here....most of this is probably real. In fact, 100% of the time I see patch notes that don't look like they are written by a 5-year-old, the majority of it is true. And what's more, what isn't true could have just been things that Blizzard changed in development and/or PTR since the time the notes were possibly leaked. The only thing I really have a hard time believing is that there is a new raid in Dragonblight. If Blizzard only announces this prior to the PTR launch, then I'm buying into these notes hook line and sinker.

Too many too stupid changes (read: "imba" buffs) and weird phrasing to be true :P
    Especially the Potency Rating contradicts some blue posts on stat variety.

Removed "Brew of the Year" as criteria for the "Brewmaster" meta achievement.
    haha they wish

Druids
    - Shapeshifting no longer costs mana, but there is now a 3 second cooldown.
    ROFL
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

- Kick: Damage dealt significantly increased.
    Definitely not real, I mean Blizzard would never phrase a change like adding high damage to kick like this, since like all standard interrupts it deals no damage at all. Changing kick and not the other abilities also makes no sense at all.

Also whoever wrote that clearly has a thing against prot warriors, I laughed when I got to the warrior section. Sweeping buffs across the board for nearly every class, even many who don't need it, then they completely crush the fun aspects of prot tree by making warbringer and critical block useless, nerfing shield wall so it's now worse than the (talented) paladin ability and for some reason removing Fury threat reduction.

And the druid shapeshifting change? Erm, right.

Edit: Just realised something else that I forgot to mention that's even worse.

Warbringer: Reduces the rage cost of your Charge, Intercept and Intervene abilities by 100%.
    Reduces the rage cost of charge! From what, 0 to 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbrland
    I sure seem to recall a post in TBC that MMO-Champion denied as being true to only later (after official Blizzard statements) say "oh yeah turns out that this stuff was true". I am sure that this is the standard responce to something that has been leaked.

I look forward to the "official" information and see how these match up...
    MMO-Champion = Not an official fansite. (And I'm pretty sure I never announced that something was fake just to correct it later, maybe the Sunwell Loot which I confirmed by myself a week later, and it was before any Blizzard announcement)

1. These notes lack a few important things introduced to 3.1 that aren't announced yet.
    2. Patch 3.1 isn't the next PTR Patch
    3. Never heard any rumor on the Ruby Sanctum, and I hear a lot of stuff.
    4. Chaos Bolt piercing through immunity again? GC said they won't do that. New bags after introducing new mounts / pets / token mechanics? New gems added only to the alliance faction? Also, Blizzard doesn't really announce stuff like "new ring enchants in Ulduar", etc ...

Ok let's pretend that they're not fake, there is 1% chance that they're real.

well, new sanctum raids are pretty much a nobrainer, 5 portals = 5 different encounters. To manage that they need to add at least one every (major) content patch if their goal is to release new expansions more often (as was suggested some time ago in a blizzcast if im not mistaken). And i doubt they'd want to cream in more than one in such a patch as it would devalue its fun/flare factor.

but yes, alot of the stuff reeks of 'fake'. The shadows are all wrong etc. Still alot of it are hopefully getting implemented (like crystalsong forest hubs and rep gain from BG marks).
    And coming to Potency - would make it quite godly for rogues? They really need to take another look at spell penetration either way.

eh, most of these fake patch notes answer major requests by the community

some are simply lol, tho

What is the min/max amount of points able to be lost/won now?
    not true we just met a team and lost 10 points but they won 26

I personally think some of these things will come true. There is some very likely things in there and some that are just well...never to happen. Some were mentioned by Boub. There are a couple of others like meta having a 1 sec cast, molten core affecting shadow AND fire damage, turning in marks for rep(unlikely, but still possible) and my fav:
    druid forms no longer cost mana but now have a 3 sec cooldown. LOL!

Aoe Death Grip made me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

I sure seem to recall a post in TBC that MMO-Champion denied as being true to only later (after official Blizzard statements) say "oh yeah turns out that this stuff was true". I am sure that this is the standard responce to something that has been leaked.

I look forward to the "official" information and see how these match up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    MMO-Champion = Not an official fansite. (And I'm pretty sure I never announced that something was fake just to correct it later, maybe the Sunwell Loot which I confirmed by myself a week later, and it was before any Blizzard announcement)

1. These notes lack a few important things introduced to 3.1 that aren't announced yet.
    2. Patch 3.1 isn't the next PTR Patch
    3. Never heard any rumor on the Ruby Sanctum, and I hear a lot of stuff.
    4. Chaos Bolt piercing through immunity again? GC said they won't do that. New bags after introducing new mounts / pets / token mechanics? New gems added only to the alliance faction? Also, Blizzard doesn't really announce stuff like "new ring enchants in Ulduar", etc ...

Ok let's pretend that they're not fake, there is 1% chance that they're real.
    Well, however you want to interpret this. I didnt remember EXACT details, however something was assumed fake, then revealed to be the truth. Give me a break it was awhile ago, lol.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=88.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrus
    well, new sanctum raids are pretty much a nobrainer, 5 portals = 5 different encounters.
    You're thinking too simple. The reds, greens and bronzes are currently, as one ingame faction, working with the mortal races (including the players) to stop Malygos and later take care of Arthas. We don't fight them, despite most of their NPCs in the old world being hostile. The blacks are there, too, but I doubt you'd tell Nalice to her face that you just killed Sartharion. There's not even direct explanation why you can simply access the Obsidian Sanctum that easily, and Nalice not complaining. A rather 'simple' explanation would be that the blacks are currently at odds with each other, the followers of Neltharion and the ones who are working for Sintharia (who, while she was still alive, created the twilight dragons, probably without Neltharion's knowledge), and it's fine with Nalice as a follower of Neltharion that you deal with those rogue black dragons and their creations.
    But, big but, there is hardly a way those other portals under the temple will lead to another raid encounter, except maybe, big maybe, another raid on the blues. Though I doubt that, "friendly" blue dragons like Kalecgos and Tyrigosa will probably take over the Blue Dragonflight and end the Nexus War.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Well, however you want to interpret this. I didnt remember EXACT details, however something was assumed fake, then revealed to be the truth. Give me a break it was awhile ago, lol.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=88.0
    Holy sh... That's OLD. And not even 2 months after I opened the site, I can blame it on the lack of experience

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Holy sh... That's OLD. And not even 2 months after I opened the site, I can blame it on the lack of experience
    I await any PAYING job offers that you wish to offer me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Aoe Death Grip made me lol
    What really made me laugh was 10 second cooldown on regular Death Grip. It's obvious these yahoos don't play PvP! XD

Others which just had me dying laughing were:
    - Pets
    o Exotic pets have had their health increased slightly.
    o Exotic pets can no longer be dodged or parried.
    Completely contradicts what Blizzard has been saying all along about Exotic Pets not being significantly better than regular pets. Just additional options for BM hunters.

- Crusader Strike: Now Instantly causes 125% weapon damage as holy damage and increases all holy damage done to the target by 2% for 6 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
    We just got rid of Judgement of the Crusader (and thank god for that!) Why would we want to get it back?

- Searing Pain: No longer causes a high amount of threat. Damage increased for all ranks.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And these are in addition the the changes quoted by others as being ridiculous, like the change to Chaos Bolt.

And looking through the list of just class changes, the utter lack of major nerfs to any class is a huge sign of how fake these patch notes are.

The bags going from 20->22 and 22->24, i would hardly doubt it, because they said the bigger our bags are, the bigger the strain on the server since it need to keep more information, even the currency tab is currently working like an invisible bag since they cannot add all old tokens to it or it would make it too big or something.

@Potency again: As i stated, that they combine the penetration ratings, i have nothing against that. It's the addition of Haste in it that makes it so weird (as well as the horrible name they gave for it).
    Yeah, Haste isnt good for melee and the blues have told us about it, But its currently one of the prime Caster stats, all casters want haste especially in arenas where it affects your GCD. If they were to include Haste into Potency, then you would not only see Arcane Mages shooting 6k instants, but you would see them shooting 6k instants that negates any amounts of Arcane Resist you may stack. So i'm pretty sure when they said they would change haste for melee that it would be something along the lines of better scaling, with possible GCD reduction.

Also, when they add a new raid that contains a faction, they include a whole new faction for it, they just dont take an existing faction and give it a second purpose.

They said a new mark turnin quest that requires AV marks would be avaible in 3.1, so there are chances they do indeed add Rep turnin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Sure, bag size are the prime reason for lag (everywhere) ;D

Can some answer me what purpose those profession's bags serve as currently I have no need to "nerf" my general space for whatever items I might pick up and not sold (vendor) it immediately?

I still believe that Blizz should add one profession slot to carry it around and at least 3 - 4 bank profession slots.

Haven't Blizz also stated that they will rework ammo pouches/quivers for Hunters. (Probably to give Hunters 1 slot back for "general purpose".)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    So i'm pretty sure when they said they would change haste for melee that it would be something along the lines of better scaling, with possible GCD reduction.
    I'm not so sure if a melee/physical GCD reduction would do that much. Enhancers and retadins already benefit from that reduction, as their 'specials' are spells already (don't know how it affects hunters)
    And most physical DDs, except cats and maybe hunters, don't rely on special attacks that much anyway. Rogues, for example, are capped by the energy regeneration, of course haste works towards the several talents to generate energy on hit, but a lowered GCD wouldn't do much. The warriors' rage not that hard-capped, but still similar. Enhancers rely on WF and Static Shock procs, so autohits, benefits from haste of course but GCD reduction doesn't affect this, used abilities like shocks and Stormstrike have a CD. Don't know retadins that much, but I guess it's quite similar.

When you think something is fake, it doesn't make it fake.
    You may consider it fake, but you can't claim it to be fake.

These patch notes may as well be some raw work-in-progress patch notes that walk all over Blizzard's corporate e-mail. They may have had these only for 20 minutes and then got banned by headquarters (or whoever is in charge of approval). That still doesn't make them fake.

You may as well call all PTR patch notes fake, because they are never the same as they go to the live servers.