Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Arena rating system changes, Blue posts

I believe Boubouille made the right call. and while yes, the mods/admins on here are wrong on occasion, it happens VERY infrequently.

to me the patch notes are very very obviously fake. both from some of the actual changes listed, and also if you read through them, the wording in a lot of places is "amateurish" for lack of a better description.

and while some (maybe even the majority) of the changes listed might be included in 3.1 that does not change the fact I STRONGLY believe the list to be someone's fantasy list they made up based off their own observations and wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by spido
    eh, most of these fake patch notes answer major requests by the community

some are simply lol, tho
    Doesn't anyone remember the fake 2.4 patch notes? They were exactly like these ones, changes that make sense mixed in with some crazy ones.

Or was it patch 2.3? Whatever, either way it's happened before.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    I'm not so sure if a melee/physical GCD reduction would do that much. Enhancers and retadins already benefit from that reduction, as their 'specials' are spells already (don't know how it affects hunters)
    And most physical DDs, except cats and maybe hunters, don't rely on special attacks that much anyway. Rogues, for example, are capped by the energy regeneration, of course haste works towards the several talents to generate energy on hit, but a lowered GCD wouldn't do much. The warriors' rage not that hard-capped, but still similar. Enhancers rely on WF and Static Shock procs, so autohits, benefits from haste of course but GCD reduction doesn't affect this, used abilities like shocks and Stormstrike have a CD. Don't know retadins that much, but I guess it's quite similar.
    Paladins and Death Knights both rely heavily on special attacks. Neither use terribly many attacks that actually generate anything from haste, Death Knights especially are capped by the rune regeneration of 10s.

That said, Paladins would probably benefit most if haste affected GCD on everything, while Death Knights would benefit the least (they've got such a haste effect, which is useless because you don't gain anything from it)

Quote Originally Posted by hariizy
    not true we just met a team and lost 10 points but they won 26
    Had same thing exept other team lost 27/28 and we won 0. Also I've been wondering if someone was having problews such as winning 0-2 points but losing 21-25 ?

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Doesn't anyone remember the fake 2.4 patch notes? They were exactly like these ones, changes that make sense mixed in with some crazy ones.

Here's the thing; very few things in here make sense. The class section betrays a complete failure of understanding of fundamental class mechanics. The warrior section in particular is laughable in every imaginable way and believe me I laughed heartily at it. The rest reads like a QQ'ers wishlist: see removal of brew of the month from meta achievement, and a complete casual mention of allowing full customization of the ui - something which they repeatedly stated they would leave up to the mod designers.
    The obvious stuff is ... well obvious. Ulduar. Dual specs. No-brainers really.

Don't be sheep people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark
    These patch notes may as well be some raw work-in-progress patch notes that walk all over Blizzard's corporate e-mail. They may have had these only for 20 minutes and then got banned by headquarters (or whoever is in charge of approval). That still doesn't make them fake.
    Hmmm. 3 weeks for a corporation to compile changes from several different teams for a major content patch just after Christmas/New Years.

Can I have some of what you're smoking ?  ;D

See this close after christmas / new years I don't think the teams working on the changes are even at a point that they can submit their changes to the next tier/branch of their development tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark
    You may as well call all PTR patch notes fake, because they are never the same as they go to the live servers.
    Of course not. They are usaully 2 builds ahead of the build put on the PTR. And just because the PTR patch notes are incorrect occasionaly does not make these patch notes any more real.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBearkin
    Don't be sheep people.
    QFT. Some of these changes are things Blizzard have stated they will never do. Others consitute a patch of an estimated 10GB size. Which would be expanion level changes.

Especially since the last word we found about the next patch was that it was to be 3.09 not 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11

Actually, I think it now happens all the time, for every single major patch around

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheBearkin
    Here's the thing; very few things in here make sense. The class section betrays a complete failure of understanding of fundamental class mechanics. The warrior section in particular is laughable in every imaginable way and believe me I laughed heartily at it.
    The DK buffs to Death Grip would be absolutely overpowered; 10sec cooldown on it, wtf? The changes to warlock talents make absolutely no sense at all, like f.ex. searing pain changes..There is no use for it now, and we don't need a third fire spell, we are spamming incinerate already (as destruction locks). And so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow
    Of course not. They are usaully 2 builds ahead of the build put on the PTR. And just because the PTR patch notes are incorrect occasionaly does not make these patch notes any more real.
    As well as it doesn't make them fake.

You guys make it sound like when you see stupid changes in here that Blizzard would never make a stupid change. The fact that there are changes that make a lot of sense along with stupid ones that don't make sense scream of very convincing Blizzard brainstorming. Regardless of the outcome, the answer will definitely be "some of it is true". And whatever isn't true, will still only be speculation if what isnt there didn't make it to PTR notes per Blizzard, or were truly made up.

Again, the person who wrote these notes, non-announced stuff fake or not, deserves a pat on the back for really doing his homework and reading well up on specifically what a lot of intellegent forum-goes (I know, almost an oxymoron) have been asking for. A lot of these make sense, and if any moron tries to link back to posts where Blizzard refused to change something (like how they believe the retarded Brew of the Year ach would still be left in the meta), let me just bring up a few examples off the top of my head..which are far from the whole list. And if you need sources, this must be your first time browsing anything WoW related on the internet.

Frozen Shadoweave nerf
    PvP -> PvE transfers
    Rank req on old honor rank gear to keep them equipped

They say here the cap for Winning/Loosing is 24points while yesterday a team won 25 against us.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdingway
    You guys make it sound like when you see stupid changes in here that Blizzard would never make a stupid change.
    True, but Blizzard rarely makes stupid changes that cater to the players' stupid ideas. The pure mass of those makes this list very fake. A brainstorming list would look different.

Regardless of the outcome, the answer will definitely be "some of it is true".
    Of course, exactly that certain stuff that was already known, and I don't just mean Ulduar and Dualspec.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    True, but Blizzard rarely makes stupid changes that cater to the players' stupid ideas. The pure mass of those makes this list very fake. A brainstorming list would look different.
    A lot of stupid changes from Blizzard; they won't usually say it came from the players, but their own ideas and if players happen to parrot their change (the players we would call stupid), bonus.

Please blizzard stop to did stupid things, the arena system was fine, now it's a bulls***!_!