SHOCKADIN BUILDS

any shockadin build floating around

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=000000000000

dunnno i was just messing with the talents tree mayby some1 alrdy has nice shockadin build?

Re: SHOCKADIN BUILDS

OOOOOOOR

Specc Ret or Holy.. this is a huge Pile of wank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

^this

Less specing to try and have fun, spec ret like Utal suggested and then get some cookie cutter build and dps rotation macro's right now and never try any thing different or non-traditional ever again!!

But from that talent build you posted i would drop JoWise and put more points into Holy Guidance and sanctified ret aura. Then if you just use your holy gear you should do a more DPS than a pure holy paladin will. Tho less than a ret paladin would do it does have the benifit of not having to far another set of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Of Doom
    Less specing to try and have fun, spec ret like Utal suggested and then get some cookie cutter build and dps rotation macro's right now and never try any thing different or non-traditional ever again!!
    If you're going to make a joke spec, then make a joke spec. But don't bring around your joke spec looking for suggestions on making it better. Because the obvious answer for making it better is to not make a joke spec.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

SHOCKADINS FTW! Don't listen to these guys, man. Shockadins are cool. They put out moderate dps. It's nothing great, but it isn't terribad. PLUS, when the shit hits the fan, they can heal almost as well as a holy pally can. People do not appreaciate a good utility spec anymore. Perhaps if the damn meters didn't rule the game, we could just all have fun playing. I would suggest one of the 2 specs below for it. I have played around with both in game but have not had a chance to fully test them so I can't tell ya which is better. GL to ya!!!

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=120410000000

Quote Originally Posted by HotSorceress
    SHOCKADINS FTW! Don't listen to these guys, man. Shockadins are cool. They put out moderate dps. It's nothing great, but it isn't terribad. PLUS, when the shit hits the fan, they can heal almost as well as a holy pally can. People do not appreaciate a good utility spec anymore. Perhaps if the damn meters didn't rule the game, we could just all have fun playing. I would suggest one of the 2 specs below for it. I have played around with both in game but have not had a chance to fully test them so I can't tell ya which is better. GL to ya!!!

Why do you want an off-healer/off DPSer who can be removed and filled with a better Healer or DPSer, I am all for playing to have fun, but if a holy Paladin get's it's gear taken in a raid.. thats not fun for the other guy just to fuel your archaic and very useless specc.

You bring nothing to the raid.
    You reduce it's effectiveness.
    Your basicly being selfish.

Enjoy shockadin specc.. but don't expect to enjoy it with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

i have been messing with talent calculators too for when the duel spec feature finally goes live to PvP with for fun.

i came up with somethin like this...

the one handed specialization is what i was goin for. i haven't actually tried it yet. i have a holy set sitting in the bank. *shrug* speccing into ret may be better for the crit, though. holy shock crits for an amazing amount of dmg. i've seen vids of shockadins tearing up arenas before. i'll prolly end up playin with it a lil more to figure it out.

Why do you want an off-healer/off DPSer who can be removed and filled with a better Healer or DPSer,
    Because most 10 mans do not need 3 healers for everything. That is why it is a utility spec, a true hybrid if you will. Why not have a "healer" who can put out much better dps than a regular healer can when 3 are not necessary?

You bring nothing to the raid.
    I am confident that just because I have a hybrid build I still bring blessings to the raid. In fact, I bring improved versions of both Might and Wisdom to the raid. I bring 3% increased damage and 3% increased crit chance to the raid. I also bring replenishment and CC. Lastly, I bring pretty good heals. What more would you like me to bring?

You reduce it's effectiveness.
    How would you know? You ever done anything w/ a true shockadin? Besides, effectiveness is a relative term. Sure, beasties might not die as fast, but having an off healer that can actually heal to save from wiping is better than running back.

Your basicly being selfish.
    1. Learn to spell a word as easy as basically correctly.
    2. Why is it selfish to deviate from what the elitists say is the only way to do things? Yeah, a ret pally would put out better dps, but if something went terribly wrong, that ret pally could in no way heal. And I am talking about in a jam, not before the boss fight so the ret pally has a chance to get on holy gear.

People need to realize that this is a facking video game. Everyone complains about everything being way too easy, so who friggin' cares if someone brings a spec that isn't as uber as another. As long as the player can do decent w/ his bad specc, why not?

15+ Year Old Account

the last points spent in the ret tree difers by if ure gona use ret aura or not.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

As a raiding Retribution Paladin, I beg to differ about the fact that we can not heal. I, raid buffed, run about 1800 spell power. My heals are no joke. If you time your Divine Plea and keep Judging to get your mana regeneration active, you can heal semi-effectively. Also using JoL, instant FoL, and Divine Storm can bring a bit of raid healing. You won't main heal anything, but I'm also not a hybrid spec, so I can put out max DPS.

The difference is shockadins do not heal semi-effictively. They heal COMPLETELY effectively.

And as for the comment of second rate healer? I've had shockadins heal as good as any other healers I've done things with.

And as for the second rate dps comment, this in PvE I will agree with. PvP on the other hand, if you play aggressively you can use this sort of build very successfully. It contains a lot of controlled burst that if you time it right can mean the difference an opponent dying early in the game or the game dragging out.

Especially in this day and age where double dps is in its prime, shockadin is fantastic for PvP where utility healers is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocolypso
    The difference is shockadins do not heal semi-effictively. They heal COMPLETELY effectively.

And as for the comment of second rate healer? I've had shockadins heal as good as any other healers I've done things with.

And as for the second rate dps comment, this in PvE I will agree with. PvP on the other hand, if you play aggressively you can use this sort of build very successfully. It contains a lot of controlled burst that if you time it right can mean the difference an opponent dying early in the game or the game dragging out.

Especially in this day and age where double dps is in its prime, shockadin is fantastic for PvP where utility healers is where it's at.
    How can you heal "COMPLETELY effectively" when you're missing lots of Holy talents and gain nothing that helps you healing? Most builds suggested here haven't even specced any pure healing talents in Holy and would be worse than a full Ret Paladin when healing.

You're also not really gaining burst at all, depending on the exact build you're usually gaining 6-15% damage but losing 15% Seal/Judgement damage, 30yd range on Judgements and often up to 20% of your Int as Spell Power.

I can do more healing than a shockadin with JoL alone as ret (provided you spec full ret for it). JoL is OP. I can do more DPS by a significant margin than a shockadin as ret. You will never raid in any serious guild as a shockadin. A shockadin has a very significant fundamental problem since paladins are one of the few hybrid classes that requires a different stat for dps vs healing (Str vs SP). Holy paladin gear will make your dps suck. Cloth SP gear will probably have spirit on it or make your healing/int suck. Don't play broken specs.

With that said, if you want to run around holy shocking stuff for decent amounts, knock yourself out

Your problem is that you think you will be able to burst someone down as a shockadin. In reality you are an energizer bunny that just won't run out of juice.

You will want to spec 37/0/34 to get Infusion of light in holy and divine purpose, repentance and JoTW in retribution. You should always have seal of wisdom up and you will not at all rely on judgements to do your damage, so no need to improve them... well, not that you can improve the dmg on seal of wisdom anyway. Also, vengeance is useless for you and crusader gives more dmg without you even having to stack crits to get it.

Your game is to outlast. You are unable to run out of mana. Against rediculously bursty DPS classes you will generally shock YOURSELF and just wack them with judgements and sor. They will also take loads of dmg from Eye for an Eye. Finish them off with hoj + wings + DF + shock. Yum yum!

You will PvP NOT PvE. Very important!

This is your spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxIbxhzGmuMZZVfMxrIzb0s

Feel free to spec into Pure of Heart if you think you can spare some points from elsewhere. It can be very handy against locks but especially shamans.

In conclusion: Shockadins are awesome for BG and Arena (yes, arena) and, I guess, decent for 10 man PvE. It is rubbish for 5-mans and I really really wouldn't do 25-man without some bacon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    How can you heal "COMPLETELY effectively" when you're missing lots of Holy talents and gain nothing that helps you healing? Most builds suggested here haven't even specced any pure healing talents in Holy and would be worse than a full Ret Paladin when healing.

You're also not really gaining burst at all, depending on the exact build you're usually gaining 6-15% damage but losing 15% Seal/Judgement damage, 30yd range on Judgements and often up to 20% of your Int as Spell Power.
    A 51/00/20 build or 52/00/19 will disagree with you. The only real difference between shockadin and PVE holy is Seals of the pure. If you take Imp conc aura you effectively cover yourself against pushback and provide some to the other casters as well as the reduced silence/interrupt effect. With only 1400 SP my crit judgements went from 1500 to 1900 when they added the extra damage to Judgments of the pure.

You can fit every single healing talent into a deep holy shockadin build and still have every damage increasing talent plus the crit and some extra damage from ret.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.