Naxx - Gothik the Harvester

Is it possible to start the fight by standing too close to this boss? Or does he have to be started by shooting a ranged attack.

Thanks.

Re: Naxx - Gothik the Harvester

my experiences from jumping around under him tells me you gotta hit him with an attack... could be that I'm too short to aggro him as a gnome though.
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

that question has come up in our raids as well, and from personal experience he has to be hit by an object to aggro, he has no proximity aggro. test it out when you start the event, and just jump around under him.

i def. wiped our first attempt at him because our leaders were explaining the fight and a buddy and i were playing catch with paper airplanes and run under him, starting the encounter, no attacking/casting involved

You can aggro him by walking up to the wall without casting/throwing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dontlistentome
    i def. wiped our first attempt at him because our leaders were explaining the fight and a buddy and i were playing catch with paper airplanes and run under him, starting the encounter, no attacking/casting involved
    pffft don'tlistentohim. :-P

"like this time Felmyst just came out of the sky and ganked us all. honest i didn't pull him"

no proxy aggro (atleast not to date), someone have had to cast some thing at him, or used an aoe spell close to him.

so there was a rat right under him and one of our warriors went to kill him for that little extra rage, but then it started the fight haha so idk if it was him being under him or what but it was a funny accident

15+ Year Old Account

Little off topic but still regarding the Harvester.

Last week in our 10 man group we had some newer members on the living side. They had a little issue and pulled aggro off the tank and at about wave 19 we lost all 3 DPS on the light side, leaving only the tank and healer. Well you would think OH CRAP, its a wipe. Well NO.

The tank and shammy healer were able to down them, the boss did pop before they finished them off. The harvester made 2 rotations on sides before they finished the final 2 waves but the down side was the debuff was stacking and that stat reduction was starting to hurt. Well it got all the way to 9 stacks and then all of a sudden when you thought it would hit 10 and wipe us, it reset back to 1. By then the gates opened, me being a druid tank passed agro to the warrior from the light side and Brezed a dps. We downed him in 11m.

This was by far the worst run at this guy but I have to say it was the most exciting one I have ever had. Our healer on the dead side stayed right by the gate which allowed him to get mana from the Shammies totems on the other side, which was nice.

In the end, very fun. Odd that it reset back to 1 but hey, who's complaining, he was looted in the end and it was a BLAST!

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

Funny thing about bosses...they don't seem to like Voodoo Gnomes too much. That comment about Felmyst reminded me.

You wiped on this boss?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PoshMAGE
    You wiped on this boss?
    You arrogant tosser.

Ever considered that perhaps everyone was on the same side when the fight started?
    Or maybe there was no tank or healer on the dead side?
    Many things why it could be a wipe if the event was started unexpectedly.

Now get back down to your mother's basement and keep your pathetic gob shut.

Never noticed accidental aggro on this guy yet.
    Had plenty stand under him and walk around the room.

Have had people standing on the wrong side of the gate though....

We split 10 living 15 dead.
    1 MT and 1 plate OT on each side.