Thread: 5 Man VoA

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5 Man VoA

I'm tempted to try this. I know our tanks can do 2600 between them assuming they suck hugely. which means the two dps only need to do like 2900 dps to down him within the 5 minutes. And 1 healer to keep everyone alive. I wouldn't think this would be hard at all. Here's who my guild would throw at it:

Maintank: Prot Warrior (1300 dps minimum)
    Offtank: Blood DK (1900 dps minimum)
    Heals: Resto Shaman (Heroism!)
    DPS1: Ret Paladin (25 man I can pop 4k, this group is almost full melee buffs)
    DPS2:Fury Warrior (25 man he can pop 3.7k this group is almost full melee buffs)

all that we need is 8111k raid dps. I'm tempted to try a 4 man in a month or so with our OT in his defense heavy gear + dps gear and full unholy dps spec. He should break 2500 then. I'd bring in my mage though for the deeps.

Re: 5 Man VoA

Sounds fully possible, best of luck!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Bring a bear as MT, and fury warrior as OT. He can be fully DPS specced and just pop a shield he won't be a problem to keep up..

You should be fully capable of doing it 5-man, even a group of 10 mentally handicapped monkeys could do this fight - as it is is most of the time in PUGs.

Deleted

Doesn't sound hard, maybe a bit of a challenge on heroic for 5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by honage140
    all that we need is 8111k raid dps.
    8 Million dps? GL >_>

Quote Originally Posted by NMecha
    Doesn't sound hard, maybe a bit of a challenge on heroic for 5 though.

8 Million dps? GL >_>
    811k = 8 million @_@?
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    811k = 8 million @_@?

8,111,000 DPS

>_>

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    811k = 8 million @_@?
    No, but 8111k=8 million (8111000 to be exact)

hmm. shouldn't be that hard. when i clicked on the link to the thread, thought it would be a nub asking for 5man VOA as a raid so he can get even more epics for free. 8) pleasant surprise. GL if you go for it man, probably don't need it though, shouldn't be that difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

A fury warrior who is only 3700 with full 25-man buffs?

That makes me a sad panda

If you want to do heroic voa with only 5 people, it is impossible. Your raid need to do at least 28k dps.

But five maning voa normal should be possible with around 8-9k raid dps.

ive 6-manned it no problem. wasnt going for any records, thats just all we had on in guild at the time. 5 man is very possible imo.

lol enrage timer wat

I can understand you want a little challeng by 5man him. But, why? He drops armor pieces, not tokens? So why not just take 1 of each class and do it, instead of go in there and you might waste gear for 5 classes? I really don't see why killing him 5man. Go kill sarth or maly 5man.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

That 8111k was a typeo, I meant 8111 dps. And we have like no fury warriors. And my retadin is an alt. I was just thinking this group composition would be the best, and wanted to be in on the run ;P

Quote Originally Posted by NMecha

8,111,000 DPS

>_>
    GUSY TANKS 4 MAFF HALP I DUNT NEW ATEY MEELION WAS NO HE MEEN
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Make sure you bring an enchanter to DE the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    A fury warrior who is only 3700 with full 25-man buffs?

That makes me a sad panda
    i was gonna say this too

Quote Originally Posted by honage140
    I'm tempted to try this. I know our tanks can do 2600 between them assuming they suck hugely. which means the two dps only need to do like 2900 dps to down him within the 5 minutes. And 1 healer to keep everyone alive. I wouldn't think this would be hard at all. Here's who my guild would throw at it:

Maintank: Prot Warrior (1300 dps minimum)
    Offtank: Blood DK (1900 dps minimum)
    Heals: Resto Shaman (Heroism!)
    DPS1: Ret Paladin (25 man I can pop 4k, this group is almost full melee buffs)
    DPS2:Fury Warrior (25 man he can pop 3.7k this group is almost full melee buffs)

all that we need is 8111k raid dps. I'm tempted to try a 4 man in a month or so with our OT in his defense heavy gear + dps gear and full unholy dps spec. He should break 2500 then. I'd bring in my mage though for the deeps.
    The only thing you seem to forget is that this fight is EXTREMELY movement intensive. The melee dps is simply not going to be able to dps through the whole fight. Its also still insanely healing intensive so that shaman better be a god. The tank is also going to spend a great deal of time in the air so his dps is going to be effectively halfed.

If I was seriously going to try for a 5 man the dps slots would go to ranged and the group would be set up to give ultimate casting buffs.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    I can understand you want a little challeng by 5man him. But, why? He drops armor pieces, not tokens? So why not just take 1 of each class and do it, instead of go in there and you might waste gear for 5 classes? I really don't see why killing him 5man. Go kill sarth or maly 5man.
    Why does any newb do anything in WoW? To stroke the virtual penis of course.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.