Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Priest vs Paladin grouphealing after patches.

As 1 of the reasons bliz choose to nerf CoH was that it was too powerful and shamans (who according bliz should top mtrs, spam chainheals is their thing) got too far behind priests and druids in grouphealing. OK! I can agree CoH was a bit too powerful. And I like to use the many spells priests have, even though many of them sucks atm. (Still waiting to see some smart changes here).

I have been holy priest almost since BC start and raiding as both RL and GM in same guild as I am in now.

I tried to accept this nerf, considering it would be great if grouphealers would be more even in charts, and not 1 class OP, like shamans were not long ago, and other classes felt useless.

But when i saw the latest WWS numbers for bosses like Sapphiron where theres a lot of raid damage, PALADINS were in top, by spamming HL and get free, passive grouphealing through glyphs and judgement (some are almost as powerful as priests CoH)! And this by just spamming 1 spell... They outhealed both priest and shamans in grouphealing?! I want an explanation to this. How can you Blizzard let this happen, when you said priest were too powerful and healed too much by 1 button spamming? Now we use 4-5-6 spells, we really work hard to do good healing, and get overrun by tankhealer spam? Yes... I'm QQ'ing, i really loosing my faith for developers when I see this...

Deleted

Re: Priest vs Paladin grouphealing after patches.

Happened to me the other night on loatheb in nax25, I had 4k hps from doing prayer of healing and the paladin was first with 6k hps. (glyph of holy light aswell). I'm glad paladins get some raidhealing ability, but holylight might be a bit strong for this, they can get off a 1sec holylight that crits for infinity aswell for those around the target, while our prayer of healing takes 3sec (unhasted) and heals as much as a flash heal per person.

Paladin AoE healing is overpowered? I thought I'd never see the day

15+ Year Old Account

Green; Yes, idd, or what do you think when paladins are on top of both druids, priests and shamans on AoE bosses?

yes i´d say that´s a bit exaggerated as well. the splash healing from holy light isn´t bad. but in most cases (unless there is weak splash damage to the whole raid) this "aoe" healing goes mostly into overhealing. it´s pretty unpredictable as well. and i doubt the difference on the heal meters came from that alone.

15+ Year Old Account

Holy Light and Judgement are two spells i'm afraid. Judgement of Light healing can't really be blamed, it could have been a Ret Paladin doing it and healing lots. Heaven knows what you would have posted then.

Also, you're forgetting the days pre BC when Paladins were expected to Judge bosses and that every healer keeps your raid alive and ultimately, gets you loot/kills whether you are another healer, dps or a tank so I really don't understand the rivalry between healers in a raid situation.

15+ Year Old Account

I checked a WWS from bosses only, full clear Naxx, and Paladins heals looks like this:

Holy Light 10 mil (44 %)
    Judgement of light 6 mil (27 %)
    Glyph of Holy Light 3,5 mil (14 %)
    Beacon 2 mil ( 9 %)
    Flash of Light 1 mil ( 5 %)

Meaning around 40% is "passive" and free cost groupheals.

15+ Year Old Account

I love paladins Especially this pala girl that I'm linking stats from;P

What upsets me is Blizzards previous words about priest, shamans and druids.

15+ Year Old Account

and 70-80% of Priest's effective heals were coming from CoH so... what's your point? Some Holy Paladin(s) can actually utilize their talents/glyphs well and play their class properly? WoW used to reward how well you knew your class but now all we get is QQ from other people about how that class is OP. I can safely say this does not happen in our raids because we have 2 Rets judging Light and Mana each usually so take away that 6 million and it'll be a lot more even.

15+ Year Old Account

But you dont get the point. I agree CoH was too much and I do want to use other spells and I'm happy with how it is now with cd. But the thing is paladins beat our healing done by far on hard-aoe bosses, by spamming HL on random ppl (said by this paladin) and i find that very strange.

So you think it is right paladins should work like this?

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby
    So you think it is right paladins should work like this?
    Yes. ^

Also anything that helps you kill bosses easier, faster etc. shouldn't that be something you should welcome? Have you lost your raid spot because of this? Are you having less fun playing the game because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    and 70-80% of Priest's effective heals were coming from CoH so... what's your point? Some Holy Paladin(s) can actually utilize their talents/glyphs well and play their class properly? WoW used to reward how well you knew your class but now all we get is QQ from other people about how that class is OP. I can safely say this does not happen in our raids because we have 2 Rets judging Light and Mana each usually so take away that 6 million and it'll be a lot more even.
    totally missing the point or talking crap - some classes are "flagged" as being the aoe healers by blizzard, namely Shaman and then holy priests, with Disci priests and paladins being named the "MT" healers (druids being somewhere inbetween). now, blizzard did say that all classes should be able to cope in all fields, but that it would make things harder if you stacked 5 paladins or 5 shaman instead of lets say 2 paladins 2 shaman and a priest/druid.

the point of what this thread is about, is that paladins currently are MORE about "LOLSPAM" as any CoH or Wild growth priest ever was, and are rewarded for it - they dont even need to really have a clue wtf their doing.

I tasted bacon.. one day..

15+ Year Old Account

Hi!

No, I am still officer and in our raid core group, but atm I will quit raiding/playing since, as I wrote in original post, lost my faith in developers of this game.

Ofc every class use everything they have (they can't stop doing it just because it's OP, like with Coh;P).

But the point I am getting at that paladins, who are by far the very best single target healers, shouldn't beat raidhealers by passive spells, THAT is OP

this might be one of the most uninformed threads ever...

i suggest u learn about HOW the glyph works AND learn about die judgment-system as well. like soulpetry stated, first of all it depends on how many pally are in the raid. then you should look at the overheal-numbers. i can't just spam holylight on any random partymember, as u should know, the range has already been reduced. so yes, in 10man naxx, where i am the only pally i might put out huge numbers / hps... but 60% of those "aoe-healing-spells" will go into overhealing.

If they are that OP why don't raid stack more of them? Honestly the only thing you lose is a bit of your E-peen and personal "I gotta top meters" If you're an officer/GM/RL or w/e you of all should know that personal DPS/HPS don't matter as long as you progress, get loot, have fun etc. The game evolves, get used to it :P

15+ Year Old Account

We usually have 2-3 retris and 1-2 holy paladins.

Overhealing done by HL, JoL and Glyph is all around 70%.

* I will add what this paladins says "I spam HL and it doesn't matter if I have 100% overhealing on it, since it heals group a lot".

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't care a bit if another healer topped meters, but a paladin topping an AoE fight? That is why i react.

Oh yeah "only" 70% that's OP? /irony

Anyways seems odd to use that many paladins but then again that's your choice, switch some out for some "over 9000" warrior(s).

I wouldn't care a bit if another healer topped meters, but a paladin topping an AoE fight? That is why i react.
    Why?

... but atm I will quit raiding/playing since, as I wrote in original post, lost my faith in developers of this game....
    We're trapped in between patch 3.0 where class design was changed heavily and 3.1 where
    the most obvious problems should be addressed.

Balancing takes time ... and I think blizz is really working hard to bring everything back to
    the situation where players stop looking at the other classes and start looking at the strength
    of their own class again.

Take 4 friends who are not equipped and heal them through a few instances ... healing still works
    and can be fun even now
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!