Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Spriest survivability buff not enough for PVP?

Agreed. Exactly NOTHING has changed. I often wonder, does any of them actually play sp in arena or what..

You just got at least 3 more reasons to respec to Disc for PvP. I call that a buff.

As I see it.
    As usual the big burst is allways coming the first 5-6 seconds to 10 seconds.

The thing that reduces your melee dmg has fixed this problem, so i think spriest would be a fair class in arena now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    As I see it.
    As usual the big burst is allways coming the first 5-6 seconds to 10 seconds.

The thing that reduces your melee dmg has fixed this problem, so i think spriest would be a fair class in arena now.
    You obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

We are planning a lot of exciting content for patch 3.1.0, and we are doing a three-part preview series on upcoming class changes. This is the first in the series: Priests, Rogues, and Shaman. Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change.

Blizz will announce more changes, and if they don't, then you can start crying. In the meantime please take the time to collectively unbunch your panties.

gomi

On the shadow part. I think they are scared shitless buffing shadow, cause if we finaly stay alive for 1 min we are gonna melt every1. Its a fine line with shadow atm. We need to be fairly weak in defence cause we are generaly madness in offence.
    Someone that understand SP well said.

"Slightly"? It's as if they changed nothing, if those are ALL the changes. Shadowform now reduces magic damage by 15%? Well guess what magic users never raped us as much as melee classes. And Dispersion removes snares? Well it's still a useless skill that just says "you die 6 seconds later".

And at the same time they give Disc some REALLY SWEET buffs. WTF Blizzard, Disc is allready the go-to pvp spec for priests...

For the love of god - PLEASE read the post and understand the concept of a preview.

They stated that these are not all the changes they are a preview (kind of like you dont see everything in a movie trailer... well unless its a michael bay flick).

The list isnt comprehensive, they are a couple of the things happening thats all. There will be more changes. Now kindly sit and wait for 3.1 to hit the PTR. If that is all there is THEN complain. Doing so now when you don't know everything is just useless whining (as SPs always do).

Seems to be lacking reading comprehension for the guy that wrote the first part

Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change.
    High light the part the most SP seems to skip to read

are ALL the changes we will get, major LULZ indeed. Just as I predicted. That doesn't change a THING.
    Strange that this guy was talking about reading comprehension, same guy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gomi
    Someone that understand SP well said.

Seems to be lacking reading comprehension for the guy that wrote the first part

High light the part the most SP seems to skip to read

Strange that this guy was talking about reading comprehension, same guy.
    Read Eyonix' post again. Read the title. Comprehend it...

Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 1)
    There, I've bolded the important part for you.

And here's the wiktionary entry for highlight, if you don't know what that means:

Noun

Singular
    highlight

Plural
    highlights

highlight (plural highlights)

1. An area or a spot in a drawing, painting, or photograph that is strongly illuminated.
    2. An especially significant or interesting detail or event.

Bolded the interesting part again so you may comprehend it. If these are the SP change HIGHLIGHTS, then they simply aren't enough. Punctum.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Read Eyonix' post again. Read the title. Comprehend it...

There, I've bolded the important part for you.

And here's the wiktionary entry for highlight, if you don't know what that means:

Noun

Singular
    highlight

Plural
    highlights

highlight (plural highlights)

1. An area or a spot in a drawing, painting, or photograph that is strongly illuminated.
    2. An especially significant or interesting detail or event.

Bolded the interesting part again so you may comprehend it. If these are the SP change HIGHLIGHTS, then they simply aren't enough. Punctum.
    Are you retarded or just really good at talking down to people? The post clearly states that this list is not comprehensive, it the list were a completely comprehensive list of the highlights then you could complain. Its a list of some of the highlights, not all of the highlights. You'll notice that all the lists are about the same length, I'm sure they did this so that classes wouldn't complain that class X is getting 15 changes while my class Y is only getting 6. Wait till Blizz announces all the changes instead of crying about what may hypothetically happen if these are the only changes.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Are you retarded or just really good at talking down to people? The post clearly states that this list is not comprehensive, it the list were a completely comprehensive list of the highlights then you could complain. Its a list of some of the highlights, not all of the highlights. You'll notice that all the lists are about the same length, I'm sure they did this so that classes wouldn't complain that class X is getting 15 changes while my class Y is only getting 6. Wait till Blizz announces all the changes instead of crying about what may hypothetically happen if these are the only changes.
    I'm good at talking... and anyway:

If they have THESE AWESOME SHADOWPRIEST CHANGES THAT WILL SURELY COME(tm) planned but didn't chose to preview them, but instead preview the really really nice disc and holy changes, than that is a clear failure to communicate on their part. Yes those aren't all the changes. But also, they specifically chose to highlight those very changes for the preview. Why?

One might assume because those are, indeed, the highlights of the changes. As GC said they didn't post small stuff like "shadowfiend now has better AI" because that doesn't make it a highlight. A highlight is something that you specifically choose to tell people about your product. Now, you either have only these highlights, or if you have others that are way better than the previewed ones and chose NOT to preview them, then you fail at marketing.

Imagine I will preview the Lord of the Rings movies to you, with a few chosen highlights. Imagine, for this Gedankenexperiment, that you do not no the films or books.

Blizzards way:
    - There's a guy who finds a ring
    - He gives the ring to his nephew
    - His nephew and a few friends walk a long road
    - A big eye looking over the landscape

The "good" way:
    - Epic story
    - Epic battles
    - Evil around every corner
    - Can friendship last through perish?

Which move trailer would you rather see?

Anyway, enough of the exaggerations: Remember back in WotLK beta - Blizzard said when designing dispersion that shadowpriests NEED dispersion to be viable in PVP. Then they nerfed the healthregen. And still said something akin to "dispersion does away with all your pvp woes! rejoice!".

I play my priest since a few month after WoWs release. And while I love the class (as a concept) there have been A LOT of hardships through the times. At first shadow was the pvp spec (and it was good), you had ONE spec that was viable for raiding. Blizzard told us "we gonna fix you good for the burning crusade!". Suddenly shadow was gimp in pvp but everyone and there mother needed them for raiding. Holy was subpar to pretty much all other healers. Disc was not viable at all (for a long time into TBC).

Now, when it comes to Blizzard telling stuff like "we're gonna fix priests once and for all" I take it with a huge grain of salt.
    Trust me, I'd be the first to swollow my own words if THE AWSOME SHADOWPRIEST CHANGES(tm) will truly come. But if they don't and everything besides the previewed changes are a few bugfixes and 1 second less cooldown on fear, then I have the right to say, in the immortal words of Albert the Butler:

I bloody told you so.

P.S. Also remember when the last patch before Lich King hit and at the start of level 80 pvp: Shadowpriests were getting owned left and right. Blizzard said "oh resilience is gonna fix everything". The whole MMO forum here said "You can't judge it now, because people don't have resilience. Resilience is gonna fix everything! Shadowpriests will be viable in pvp with Resilience!" (basically).

Nezoia at the time said something like: "Resilience isn't gonna fix the fucked up concept of our spec in pvp, and neither will it fix the glaring weaknesses we have, and the awesome imbalance of melee classes".

Well guess what, he (she?) was right, and bloody told you so.

This time though it's gonna be me. And I won't like it at all.

Oh i've waited so long.

After struggling at 1950ish rating, mashing zillion buttons at a time, shifting like crazy, hoping that the person i am running for won't abuse the damn range bug, getting chain feared, cos' my shifting removed the d.r. on fear, and hoping that my frost mage partner wont get fed up with my gimpness and go team up with a rogue instead.
    I went to the forums and tried to draw some attention to feral druids being severely broken in pvp with our lack of damage, snares, ms effects and lots of feral related bugs. The only answer i was getting was "Oh come on u dr00ds are overpow3r3d in peeveepee, l2spec resto nab" and smth like that. But feral is a totally different playstyle and gear, tried to say the poor little cow. Noone listened. Now it's time for vengeance:

"LOLOLOLOLOLO L2SPEC DISC NOOBTARDS!!!!!1111"

And guys you should really take a chill pill, after being quite a power in tbc pvp, you can have a lil' period of gimmickness while the whole situation evens out a lil'.
    It all comes in waves.. first you are OP, than OK, than subpar, than underpowered, than again subpar and back to OP, but less OP. And sometime lets hope it evens out at everyone being ok)

Feral was a joke through most of arena. Now i've got my opportunity to have some fun killing warlocks in one stun. ^_^

I suppose we should wait untill all the 3.1 changes show up before we start moaning and bitching)

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Agreed. Exactly NOTHING has changed. I often wonder, does any of them actually play sp in arena or what..
    Isn't it obvious that they don't?

I mean, sure, give mages, who already have an insane burst, mirror images, so they can freeze and sheep targets 24/7 without even lifting a finger, and give boomkins trees and stun on starfall, because they obviously don't manage to pewpew all alone. Make ferals fear immune and let them shred everything to million tiny pieces, while stunning every 10secs. Oh, and make DK gargoyles hit for 2k, because the ghoul's stuns and the DKs damage alone isn't enough...

...however, also give snare immunity to dispersion, THAT SHOULD TEACH THEM ALL...

...not.

Think, Blizzard, just think, for crying out loud. We need a way to survive longer, not something that makes us keep walking on normal speed, while we regen mana and die anyways when the 6secs are up.

I will NOT mention CYCLONE, no I won't.

/nerdrage

Here a post from the German Forum by Wrocas:

"Wir können euch an diese Stelle nichts versprechen, aber die angeführten Änderungen sind nicht die kompletten Änderungen des Patches.
    Zunächst wird der Patch auch auf den Testrealms getestet werden und euer Feedback ist uns sehr wichtig dabei festzustellen, ob spezielle Dinge überarbeitet werden müssen oder so funktionieren, wie wir uns das vorstellen.
    Es ist also möglich, dass es noch weitere Änderungen für die Überlebensfähigkeit des Schattenpriesters im PvP geben wird, versprechen können wir da aber nichts. Die PTRs und euer Feedback sind dabei ein wichtiges Werkzeug."

This means:
    We are not able to promise anything, but the listed changes are not the complete changes of the patch. At first the Patch is going to be tested on the PTRs and your feedback is important for us to find out, if special things have to be redesigned and if they work as intended. So it is possible that there will be more changes for the survivability of shadowpriest in pvp, but we are not able to promise. Therefor PTRs and your feedback are important instruments.

Ok, that's not a lot, but there is still some hope. So guys, go on praying ^^

Source: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=3&pageNo=2

My first thought when I saw the magic damage reduction on Shadowform was that it will be handy in raids. And I guess you could stack it with Spellwarding in some 9/11/51 spec and become a moonkin's worst nightmare. ^^

It doesn't improve the melee situation of course, but I think it's quite plausible that they will first nerf burst damage, do some testing, and then in a second pass look at what classes' survivability still needs a buff.

Hopefully they won't forget to look at other issues like how many (most) casters seem overly susceptible to interrupts etc, as well as dot protection for shadowpriests and moonkins.

Talking about buffs in PVP, the situation of DOT is worse than survivability. SP lacks duration and what really needed is buff in DOT. SP has no bursting damage through MB+SWD without DOTing. I still remeber the damage/tick of Pain in 60, no big difference with the one in 80. Does that make sense?!

DOTs must be enhanced and adequate punishment mechanism for removing DOT should be addded.